“Great food, friendly service, convenient if staying here”

Olas y Arena Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 75 Restaurants in Isabela
Dining options: Reservations
Description: World-class restaurant serves signature dishes created by a celebrated culinary master of international cuisine. Includes a stocked wine vault, a wide array of fresh fish, shellfish and meats cuisines.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We ate here while staying at the Parador. Beachfront with a nice breeze. Service friendly and attentive. Food very good and nice menu. Fish was very fresh. They are not really staffed for a crowd so service can slow down if they get a lot of people at the same time.

There are newer reviews for Olas y Arena Restaurant

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

This little Rest is just great! It has a nice menu with very affordable prices. The rest is located in an Island Parador hotel right on the beach. Its is always very clean and the staff very friendly. I have to admit the food does take time to come out but just relaxing and taking in the view is perfect to pass the time so I cant say I minded much. Its a relaxing atmosphere that takes me away from the stress!The food is very tasty and I will definitely be coming back.

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We visited Feb. 2012. This restaurant has an under roof area and an open deck area. We sat in the open deck area because we wanted the view and to be outside. I arrived with a coffee withdrawal headache and despite being dressed nice, I looked miserable. The sweetest waitress asked if I was OK and I asked for coffee. I don't speak much Spanish so I think she was unsure I wanted coffee at 4:30 in the afternoon and sent over another waitress to double check my request. I confirmed my need for coffee and within 2 minutes had the best cup of coffee with all the sweeteners and cream I could need. Headache was gone in a few minutes. They were so kind.

We went on to have shrimp Mofongo for my DH, and a chicken pasta primavera type dish. They were both quite good. We both really like plantains done in different ways, and this was our first Mofongo. The salad was good. We had Medallas to drink.

I know some people have said this place is nothing great but when we tried to eat other places they just looked at us and didn't serve us or were really unhappy to see us. We were welcomed here and they were friendly and the food was good. I wish we started here instead of having our last meal on the mainland here. Try this place. Its relaxing, welcoming, and we liked out food. I do agree that the food isn't as spicy as we expected but we found that to be true almost everywhere on mainland PR. We asked a family from Puerto Rico staying at the cabana next door about this and they said the food is more of a Spanish influence and tourists confuse this with Mexican style food.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We were staying in the condos next door so stopped in for a convenient dinner. The menu was diverse, which is nice with kids, game them a pasta option that you don't see often in PR. The mahi app was spot on, not over done or mushy, everyone jumped right on it. Service was a little slow, but they were prepping for new years eve (we were there on the 30th), and, after all, everyone is on island time. Food was good, slightly better than average overall. I had the mofongo sauce over mahi with a side of plantain and it was well cooked. The penne pasta with chicken was ok, but I didn't expect it to be strong. The fish sticks and fries our youngest had were quickly scooped from the plate. The view and atmosphere here are great, and make up a bit for the slower service and somewhat average food. I would give this another try but would be quick to qualify any recommendations to others that there will be more exciting and traditional food elsewhere, but not the view.