“Great views”

Tropical Trail Rides - Isabela
Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Isabela
More attraction details
Owner description: Horseback riding along secluded beaches, tropical forests, cliff cave exploring and more...
Reviewed 16 April 2014

If you've dreamed of riding a horse on the beach then this is a great opportunity. it's $50/person and is about a 1.5 hour ride through the forest and along the beach. They didn't let us gallop our horses so if you're a seasoned rider you may find it all a bit boring but otherwise it was pretty cool. The owners are friendly and it's a short walk from Villa Montana (where most people who take the rides are staying).

All reviews
"survivor beach"
"an amazing experience"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Extremely helpful staff, well maintained grounds/animals, and amazing scenery. They cater to all levels of experience and truly make your tour care free and enjoyable. The staff set up everything for the ride, tell you your horses name, and assist you on and off of your horse. The ride begins with a quick pass through a neighborhood and into the Almond forest towards the beach. You ride along the beach to a place where you can take a break which provides you with a perfect opportunity for some scenic pictures. Awesomely guided tour, beautiful scenery, a definite must! Around $50/pp.

1  Thank Sean C
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Of all the activities we did in PR all week, our ride with Tropical Trails was the most perfect.

To be honest, I was sort of hoping to get an extremely docile horse that I wouldn't have to steer too much, but I actually got one that had a mind of his own and loved nothing better than to run fast (payback for my own personality, I suppose). It was hard to know exactly how to respond at first (especially when the horse didn't seem to obey) but the guide helped a lot, we figured it out, and I wouldn't have traded the challenge for anything.

Speaking of our awesome guide -- he gave us all the best and most interesting information about our surroundings but never lectured us. The route was great/beautiful and the ride was just the right amount of time. Not too short, not too long.

Definitely worth it.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

My wife and I and our two kids (both 8) did this during our vacation in Puerto Rico. My wife and kids had no experience with horses and mine has been very limited. That did not matter. We were given basic commands for the horses before we left. However, we rarely had to give the horses any commands because they already new what to do! Our guide was really nice and made sure everybody was doing well during the entire tour. The tour itself was beautiful. We especially liked the rides on the beach (can't beat riding horses on a beach). Also, as animal lovers, it was great to see that the horses are so well taken care of. In fact, I could tell that our guide was just as focused on the well-being of the horse as she was of the people on the horses. This was the top talk of our vacation. Absolutely no regrets. The $50 fee per person is in line with all the other tourist activities on the island.

1  Thank WhereRWeGoingNext
See more reviews
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Amazing experience that you should not pass up. Horseback riding through the forests and right on the beach. Takes you through forests and beaches you wouldn't other wise go to. I'm a beginner and had no problem at all, horses are all very friendly and well-behaved; mostly just follow each other in a line and you barely have to do anything, and you even get to trot! Owners are incredibly nice people who moved to PR about 20 years ago from the States and are now raising their family there on a truly beautiful property. Only $50 for a group ride lasting about 2 hours. Totally worth every penny. Call them to book!