“Amazing experience”

Tropical Trail Rides - Isabela
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Isabela
More attraction details
Owner description: Horseback riding along secluded beaches, tropical forests, cliff cave exploring and more...
Marlton, New Jersey
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Amazing experience on the beach! I admit that I was super nervous about riding as I've never been on a horse before. They selected a gentle horse for me and gave me some commands. The guides were awesome in making sure I was comfortable during the ride. I was nervous for no reason-the horses are well-trained and know and follow the route by themselves.

The ride was about 2 hours. Some of it was on the beach with another portion being in the forest. The ride on the beach was like something from a movie-this beach has no buildings and no people. The guides let us stop and took photos of us.

For $50 per person this was an amazing experience. I would definitely recommend it.

1 Thank Dana J

Toa Baja, Puerto Rico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Lack of respect and privacy!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My family and their friends came very happy until one of the owners said that there were four members and there were really 3. They said that you can cancel because its part of the policy and I found that unjust. At least the owner called Greg could said read the policy on our website and he didn't how were we supposed to know, like we were diviners. Then she was saying our price out loud in front of everyone and discussing our problem. They threatened us. We were local tourist and I should be treated as equal as the international tourists. I really didnt like the treat.

3 Thank Gabriel Carmelo N
San Juan, Puerto Rico
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The most beautiful horse-back trail ride in Puerto Rico”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The ride is almost 2 hours and it takes you through a small forest, sand-dunes, and beach sections and ends in a deserted beach with tall cliffs like a scene from the original Planet of the Apes. The views and beaches are beautiful. Michelle and Craig Barker and their staff at Tropical are very conscious of the environment and conduct beach and coastal clean-ups. They really make sure that visitors do not negatively impact the area, and unlike other similar business in the area, Tropical does comply with government permits and authorizations. Their set-up is very organized and the base camp has an excellent location in the Aguadilla/Isabela sector with hotels and beaches in the area.

Winfield, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great views”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

If you've dreamed of riding a horse on the beach then this is a great opportunity. it's $50/person and is about a 1.5 hour ride through the forest and along the beach. They didn't let us gallop our horses so if you're a seasoned rider you may find it all a bit boring but otherwise it was pretty cool. The owners are friendly and it's a short walk from Villa Montana (where most people who take the rides are staying).

Middletown, New Jersey
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“A definite must”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Extremely helpful staff, well maintained grounds/animals, and amazing scenery. They cater to all levels of experience and truly make your tour care free and enjoyable. The staff set up everything for the ride, tell you your horses name, and assist you on and off of your horse. The ride begins with a quick pass through a neighborhood and into the Almond forest towards the beach. You ride along the beach to a place where you can take a break which provides you with a perfect opportunity for some scenic pictures. Awesomely guided tour, beautiful scenery, a definite must! Around $50/pp.

1 Thank Sean C