“Best Ride Ever”

Tropical Trail Rides - Isabela
More attraction details
Owner description: Horseback riding along secluded beaches, tropical forests, cliff cave exploring and more...
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We knew on our vacation trip to Puerto Rico we wanted to ride the Paso Fino Horses and Found Tropical Trail Rides while out for a island drive. Craig greeted us with his beautiful black Shepherd puppy. Our first reaction was what a beautiful place with a very friendly owner. We checked out the horses to make sure they were healthy. It was wonderful to see how well they are taken care of. We booked our ride for the next week. When the day arrived it was a perfect weather day and we enjoyed the ride from beginning to end. The thrill of riding a Paso Fino was only surpassed by the beauty of the ride. As a horse rider myself I was awestruck by the beauty of being able to ride in the surf on these magnificent animals. The experience was one I will treasure and you can count on us returning again on our next trip. Thanks so much for your great guides .. horses..owners love of their animals. You guys were great. Thanks so much Michele and Craig. Keep up the great job.
Jim and Laurie from Chicago area.

2  Thank Laurie B
in 10 reviews
"beautiful experience"
"survivor beach"

Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently did a private ride with this company and I thought it was great. The company was very good at giving us all the information we needed and letting us pick our own time for our tour since it was private. The only thing I didn't care for was the fact that we weren't allowed to ride side by side. I understand it has something to do with the horses behavior but I would think it would be possible once on the beach especially since it was just two of us. That definitely would have made this ride perfect. Thanks guys for the beautiful ride and scenery that we would have not seen had we not taken this tour.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Amazing experience on the beach! I admit that I was super nervous about riding as I've never been on a horse before. They selected a gentle horse for me and gave me some commands. The guides were awesome in making sure I was comfortable during the ride. I was nervous for no reason-the horses are well-trained and know and follow the route by themselves.

The ride was about 2 hours. Some of it was on the beach with another portion being in the forest. The ride on the beach was like something from a movie-this beach has no buildings and no people. The guides let us stop and took photos of us.

For $50 per person this was an amazing experience. I would definitely recommend it.

1  Thank Dana J
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My family and their friends came very happy until one of the owners said that there were four members and there were really 3. They said that you can cancel because its part of the policy and I found that unjust. At least the owner called Greg could said read the policy on our website and he didn't how were we supposed to know, like we were diviners. Then she was saying our price out loud in front of everyone and discussing our problem. They threatened us. We were local tourist and I should be treated as equal as the international tourists. I really didnt like the treat.

3  Thank Gabriel Carmelo N
See more reviews
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The ride is almost 2 hours and it takes you through a small forest, sand-dunes, and beach sections and ends in a deserted beach with tall cliffs like a scene from the original Planet of the Apes. The views and beaches are beautiful. Michelle and Craig Barker and their staff at Tropical are very conscious of the environment and conduct beach and coastal clean-ups. They really make sure that visitors do not negatively impact the area, and unlike other similar business in the area, Tropical does comply with government permits and authorizations. Their set-up is very organized and the base camp has an excellent location in the Aguadilla/Isabela sector with hotels and beaches in the area.