“Gorgeous setting, but food did not live up to the experience”
Review of The Eclipse

The Eclipse
Ranked #3 of 75 Restaurants in Isabela
Price range: US$8 - US$32
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our menus are focused on highlighting our local farms, artisans, and producers that call the north-west coast of Puerto Rico, home. We source the ingredients used in our menus from our local farmers and artisan makers, where we believe some of the best product of the island is produced.
Weehawken, New Jersey
“Gorgeous setting, but food did not live up to the experience”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband and I had a little bit of trouble finding this restaurant, but we are glad we got to check our this hotel. The area is quiet and felt safe. The restaurant is tucked in a gated community with many private homes. The restaurant itself was gorgeous. My husband and I got married in Costa Rica, but, if it's possible, I would've considered getting married at this resort and having the reception here. The space probably wouldn't accommodate more than 55 guests or so, but it is so romantic and tropical - textured fabrics, tropical flowers, and gorgeous wooden furniture. The service was excellent and the menu sounded delicious. The food didn't quite live up to its description and was not a great value. I had a salad and scallops (two appetizers) and my husband had the brick oven pizza. All of our food was ok, but nothing was spectacular. We walked around the beach area after and really liked the setting. There's a lounge area for drinks that was really nice too and a bar. This restaurant was right by the pool, which was really pretty too. The setting was wonderful and romantic, but the food was just ok.

• Visited May 2014

Rincon, Puerto Rico
“A lovely afternoon ruined by confused staff and slow service”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

After church this past Sunday, my wife and I decided to drive over from Rincon,PR to have some food and a nice afternoon at Eclipse. We arrived and were greeted with the same friendly faces as always and expecting the same great service as ever, but we were wrong. As soon as we were seated and brought our drinks we waited 20 minutes for the waitress to come back for the order and and the proceeded to wait 1 hr and 30 mins for two personal sized pizzas with no more drink service as waiters did not come back to our table. After patiently waiting, considering it was a busy afternoon and the setting was lovely enough to keep us distracted I finally decided to get up and ask what was going on and surprise surprise our order had not been placed! We were told by our waiter that it was a busy afternoon and that they were mixing up orders left and right and apologized sending a free app. Finally our pizzas, not the ones we ordered arrived.
We ate, asked for the check, my pregnant wife was so tired she got up and waited for me in the car while I had to walk and stand next to the register with the bill in my hands. I should've walked out right then and there but payed the bill and left.

3 Thank Jose G
puerto rico
“Best anniversary ever!!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had the chefs three course meal. It consisted of a lobster on a baguette with salad appetizer which was to die for. The main course was rib eye with a ripe plantain purée also delicious. And the dessert was a cantaloupe sorbet and a chocolate souffle. We also has a white wine and a red wine and both were quality wines. We were celebrating our 10 year anniversary and the meal lived up to the celebration. It was the best meal of our lives with the perfect view and ambiance.

• Visited June 2014
Slidell, Louisiana
“Fusion menu in a beautiful setting”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Had breakfast and dinner(twice) at this restaurant. We truly enjoyed the elegant island atmosphere and the breath taking sunset. Just steps from the breaking waves in a almost private beach with the background music of a guitar player we enjoyed our cocktails and the tropical breeze(dress light). The menu had a nice variety of Puertorican fusion food that was very tasty and fresh. The prices were a little bit on the high end but worth it.

• Visited June 2014
NC
“atmosphere and food”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have eaten here every time I visit Isabela and plan to come back. I enjoyed the wine flights, both red and white in addition to cerviche, salad, pizza, the Criolle appetizer tray is tasty and my favorite has been the conch salad on fried yuca. Pizza is excellent. service is good, a short walk to the beach and clean restrooms

Visited April 2014