“Again, not dissapointed”

Price range: US$8 - US$32
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our menus are focused on highlighting our local farms, artisans, and producers that call the north-west coast of Puerto Rico, home. We source the ingredients used in our menus from our local farmers and artisan makers, where we believe some of the best product of the island is produced.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Again, not dissapointed”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My wife and I visited The Eclipse again. When we arrived, the resaturant was closed for a wedding but they put up tables and chairs under two canopies right on the beach. We started with a Tamarind Mojito and a Red Wine Sangria. For an appetizer we had the house hummus, which is very good. Then, my wife had a churrasco with salad and I had the Shrimp Wrap. The churrasco was very good and tender. The shrimp wrap was made with rice paper and a couple of huge breaded shrimp. It was great. We topped it up with esspresso coffee. We plan on visiting this restaurant in the near future to try other items in the menu. I recommend this restaurant to all our friends. It is not inexpensive but it is worth it. Service is very good and parking is free.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank alfgomezjr

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Beautiful view but food needs improvement”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is located in a real beautiful beach area! The food had a very good presentation but still the taste of the it needs improvement to the real puertorrican flavor.
Recommended: the schrimps (appetaizers), the "mamposteao" rice, and the fried plantains "tostones"
Enjoy! :-)

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank M D
Chicago, IL
“Great food, beautiful views”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We rented a house right on the beach in Isabela for five days and had dinner at the Eclipse restaurant one night we were there. It was fabulous. It was literally a 5 minute walk on the beach from our rental. The restaurant looks fancy but it is family friendly. We had our 5 and 9 year old sons with us and saw others with small children. I don't recall if they had a children't menu but they had pizza (cooked right beside you in a brick oven) so our kids were just fine.

I had the spaghetti mushroom porcini and my husband had the ribeye steak and both were delicious. Service was good. The restaurant, which is part of the Villa Montana resort, is outdoors and right on Shaks beach. The views are simply spectacular. It was a wonderful dining experience.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank pvavarou
New York City, New York
“Eat dessert!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The atmosphere of The Eclipse is exceptionally pleasant, right on the beach and open air. My cocktail was quite delicious. We both had the Eclipse Salad to start, and this is where the restaurant's ambiance probably is a negative. I like my salads cold, and everything about this salad was room-temperature, including the cheese, which for me is a problem when the room is the 80 degree beachfront. We also both ordered the pizzas, which are prepared on an outdoor space (one on which I saw a bird hopping around. I can only assume it's wiped down every time something like that happens) and cooked in an outdoor pizza oven.

The star of the meal was the pot de creme we split for dessert. I'd eat that every day if I could. It was the deciding factor in giving this restaurant a four rather than a three.

Visited August 2014
Waterbury, Connecticut
“A well hid treasure”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We went to the Eclipse restaurant while vacationing in Isabela, we went with our four year old daughter and my parents. My standard for restaurants has forever been affected after eating at this one. The scenery, the atmosphere, was enchanting. Our waitress, Iana, was professional, knowledgeable, fun, and friendly. The food was phenomenal, especially the desserts. The pot de creme is one of the best desserts I have ever had. The native fruits gelatos were spectacular. The live music, in the background, added the perfect touch.

The only tiny negative is the fact that because the setting of the dinning room is so open, cats were circulating under the tables. That we didn't like, but poor Iana tried to get rid of them for us!

• Visited August 2014