“Surprisingly Good. Went in not expecting much, came out of one of the best restaurants we've been in a long time.”
Review of Yia's by Chef Tino - CLOSED

Yia's by Chef Tino
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Great restaurant in the NW coast of Puerto Rico. Open for dinner Wed.-Sun. from 4pm
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The chef greet us on the way in and went personally to our table with some recommendations. My wife explained what she wanted and he went outside the menu with some recommendations. She was extremely happy with her fish.

I had the Ribeye with an in house steak sauce and Yia's rice. It was off the charts. The meat was cooked perfectly and the flavor was incredible. Yia's rice was pretty good too.

This is a must if you are near Isabela. The only think that we didn't like in the atmosphere was that it was too dark for our taste, but thats a personal taste and was nothing compare with the quality of both food and service.

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Yias rice is real good. The skirt steak is very tasty. The sangria and desserts are real good. This a most do place in Isabela Area. Great Job Chef....

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I bought a online offer and went to the restaurant. It's decoration has a very intimate feel and it is as if Chef Tino's personality is reflected on it. The place is a little pricey for me (like $30 on a plate) but the food has very good quality and amazing taste. The downside of the place is that parking is very limited.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Loved this restaurant. Quiet, dark atmosphere and wonderful service. The staff was almost too good to be true. They actually thanked us for coming to their restaurant right off the bat. I am a vegetarian which can be hard in Puerto Rico. I ordered pasta. Then the chef came over and told me that he could make several other dishes for me if I'd like (not on the menu). I ended up with a delicious vegy stir fry...was really outstanding. We ordered the 'Big Show' for dessert...expect to laugh when it arrives at your table. We liked this place so much we even bought a gift certificate for our friends who live in Isabela.

1  Thank Ellie M
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I visit it with my family... very dark place you can't even read the menu, I went to the front door to read.... it average price of $20 to $25 per entrée plus additional $5 a pasta or a tablespoon of rice. Artesian beer they probably a bottle or two, wine a very limited stock of very cheap wines/ Sangria be prepare to pay $25 or $30 for a bottle of a commercial type of sweet Sangria, Frozen "Tostones" Sam's club desserts and overcook crab cakes.

At the end be prepare to pay average of $75 per person for a complete meal that is far away to be called a Chef meal. I don't think people can afford traveling an hour and a half from San Juan to pay a high price for a meal that you can find in San Juan for 1/3 of their price.