“Absolutely Paradise”

Villa Montana Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Isabela
Reviewed 12 July 2013

This place was wonderful. We went there for my best friends wedding. The people were extremely friendly and helpful. They even went food shopping for us, all we had to do was make the list. It did cost 30% of the bill, but it was well worth it.
In addition to the friendliness the place itself was beautiful. They has two pools to choose from and the beach was right there no matter where you were staying. Our room was gigantic we had a two bedroom villa. It included 2 rooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, living room and a balcony. We were in complete shock. It was so big the bride got ready in our room.
The wedding was absolutely gorgeous and the food was the best wedding food I tasted. The people were very helpful.

As for the negatives:
1) In the water at the beach there are rocks. (still possible to swim)
2) service at the restaurant takes an extremely long time.
3) Cabs are very expensive and nothing is near the resort to do. (best to rent a car)

I would definitely go there again. It was tons of fun!

Room Tip: The villas are much more spacious. However, all rooms were nice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here last week and it was a disaster. First, check-in at this hotel is not available until 4pm, which doesn't allow the guest an opportunity to come into the room, get settled in and enjoy the day. Yes, we were told we could utilize the pool/beach facilities (and -of course- to sit by the bar and purchase beverages), but once you step into the bathroom by the pool to change, you realize what a huge inconvenience this is. Once at the beach there is no guest service from the bar, so you have to leave the lounger to go fetch your own drink. If you're lucky enough, you might get what you ordered. The beach is rocky, not "sandy", so unless you just want to sunbathe, be prepared to walk in order to find a suitable swimming spot. Finally, 4pm and we can check in. We make a dinner reservation at Eclipse for 8pm, which we were told was "not necessary, but we insisted. We were the only guests on their reservations list. We make our way to the hotel lobby. We had reserved a 'King bed, terrace view' room through Expedia, and paid extra for the larger bed. We were told they don't have any villas with king beds. So, instead of working with us to come to a happy medium, the snoby person at the front desk proceeds to argue with my husband. We get our keys and proceed to our $300+ a night, one bedroom, queen bed, garden view villa. It would have been easier to find our way to the moon. Blind folded. Once at the villa, the ac was off. It's over 85 degrees outside and the place is HOT. We turn on the ac units, which were ridiculously loud, however, not louder than the jets taking off -in the middle of the night- from the airport a few miles away. We inspect the room and it was dirty: hair in the tub, stained bed sheets, and notice the bathroom has no ventilation. None. We cranck the ac units and get ready for dinner. We get there at 7:50 and tell the hostess we had a reservation for 8pm. She proceeds to tell us that we have to wait for 2 parties that came in before us -that did NOT- have reservations. The place is packed solid. The offer us a table by the loud entrance that sits 8. Really? We turn it down and proceed to wait. And wait. And wait. 20 minutes in, a waitress takes our drink order. We wait. And wait. And wait. 30 minutes go by and we finally have out drinks. We proceed to be seated on a couch and asked to order from the menu so the food can be ready once we sit at our table. There's a cat walking around the place. Another 20 minutes and we're finally seated. We order an appetizer. Waitress comes back 15 minutes later to tell us they don't have it. We order another one. Same story. Then a third one. Thebwine was also gone. By the time our entrees were finally put through, all they had left was pizza and steak. I wish there had been more options for dinner. I would have gladly taken my $130 somewhere else. Back to our room. We wake up to more jets at 2am. Them another at 3am. Then hotel staff hammering away on the other side of the wall behind our bed at 8am! We wanted to ride horses and lounge, but were so disappointed -and tired from the lack of sleep- that we decided to pack up and go to our next hotel by 9am. I called a week later because I left something behind in our room. Hotel staff says they don't guarantee they will have it because they've "had other guests stay in the room" since we left. I tell her that if they cleaned the room, housekeeping must have found it. I get a "Oh, that's true!" Wow. Save yourself the aggravation, find somehwere else to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank Sharnha
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We stayed on a 2 bedroom villa on july 2013. The villa was very huge and located in a very nice place. Although its decoration was a little outdated, it was clean. It has a fully equipped kitchen and laundry. We have problem with the food disposer, it doesn't work and has food in it when we arrive.
The villa has a big and nice terrace. It is not included in the housekeeping so if you are going to stay a few days you should clean it with a water hose.

Regarding the restaurants, I never saw the “O” restaurant. The Eclipse food and drinks were excellent. They have to work with the service time because it takes to much to bring what you ordered to the table. Also they should use some kind of placemat or paper tablecover so the cutlery is not directly on a table with a cat walking around. A recommendation for the waitress, the client is always right.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We booked this hotel through Priceline, so we did not pay the "normal" rate for this property (which by the way is over priced, in my opinion). The road to get to the Resort lacked proper lighting and was solitary, so we felt a little daunted at first. As we entered through the main gate, we were very impressed by the beautiful landscapes and decor. The front-desk lady who attended us was nice and promptly checked us in. We got a little lost trying to look for our room, (as the grounds are pretty extensive). When we finally arrived, we quickly settled in.

The room's decor was nice, but we noticed a peculiar smell right away. I turned the A/C unit on (which, I believed should have been turned on prior to our arrival), and tried to air out the smell. My wife also noticed the bedding had stains on it and the room seemed dirty (or not thoroughly cleaned, to be more exact). We strolled through the property and took a nice dip in the pool. Everything outside was pleasant and peaceful. We decided to forget about the "little" things that bothered us and just enjoy the rest of our stay...

Ok, having shared some of my experiences, I will give the Management of this resort some advise to better address the problems presented. First of all, get the road to your location fixed, and add more lighting. Second, if you assign a room to a guest, make sure he or she knows how to get there. It is best if you aid the guests in finding their rooms. Finally and most importantly, hire more people!!! A good housekeeper will leave a room refreshed and clean. I can't stressed the importance of this... If you have a happy, efficient and courteous staff, they will do everything to please you and your guests. I sincerely hope you are able to overcome these obstacles, because you definitely have a good thing going on in there. Who knows, maybe we will come back to see if you took our suggestions. ;)

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank franciscojoel
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We stumbled upon this villa almost by accident! We were able to take advantage of the government discount after talking to Michelle. She was fantastic to talk to over the phone and when we arrived she made sure we were happy before we even got a single room. I was impressed with the service we received without having made any reservations!

The room is very good with covered outdoor space looking over a large green space.

The pearl of Villa Montana is The Eclipse and its staff. The space is extremely well appointed with both rustic and formal design touches that exudes both class and tranquility at the same time. The staff here is great. Jonathan at the bar, Laura the hostess and Sely and Andreas the servers were always immediately helpful, but also knew when you just wanted to be left alone and read your book.

The grounds are extremely well kept and the beach is fantastically private. Hammocks, chairs, and umbrellas dot the property.

Extras include free wi-fi (though not all rooms offer private connections), a small gym, tennis courts and two pools. In the course of one relaxing day you can easily do everything or nothing!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank TheGora
Reviewed 28 June 2013

On a business trip I found myself residing at the Villa Montana and I am very happy that this is where I ended up. The resort itself has villas along the beach but also some accommodations further inland that even at the furthest away only amount to a 5-10 minute walk. The views along the beach are great and the beach itself is very clean with great opportunities to swim in the clear water. The room I am staying in has been the right size for myself with a full bath tub, a sizable balcony, and an exceedingly comfortable bed. Some cons to the room would be the lack of a safe and no microwave. The best thing about the room would be the high-speed internet, which I am using now, and has allowed me to do everything I needed to on-line.

Their are two restaurants on the premises, the Eclipse is on the beach and the "O" is more of an intimate candle light experience. Both locations offer great food at reasonable prices, especially for a resort. The service times can be laid back but you are on island time, so relax!

By far my favorite thing at the Villa Montana has been the staff. From the receptionist to the wait staff everyone has taken great care of myself and my six other associates. I can promise that if you do decide to stay at the Villa Montana you will have an enjoyable experience.

Special recognition for the following individuals:
Michele (front desk) has done everything to make my stay comfortable and has gone to great lengths to help me.
Jonathan (Bartender) immediately made my friends and I feel at home. He also a great bartender.
Celymarie (waitress) very hardworking and always makes sure everything is perfect.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DaBish08
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Rooms are very nice and the service is very good! Food is good with a great view of the beach. However the prices are a little expensive for the quality and amount of food you get. Very nice place to get away!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Curtis S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isabela
Parador Villas del Mar Hau
#3 of 7 in Rincon
Combate Beach Resort
Combate Beach Resort
#1 of 8 in Cabo Rojo

Been to Villa Montana Beach Resort? Share your experiences!