“amazingly bad service”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Isabela
Puyallup, Washington
“amazingly bad service”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This may be the prettiest spot in PR.....but run as fast as you can. When we checked in we examined the room and found bed bugs. 90 minutes later with no response from the front desk I went and asked again for a new room. When the operations manager came to our room her only response was, "we don't have bed bugs!" I offered to she her, and she would not go within 5 feet of the bed in question.

Add to that having to beg for clean towels, refusal to give directions to local eateries and stores (they want you to eat on site) I would not stay there until management changes.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
11 Thank Mark V
ATiphaine, Owner at Villa Montana Beach Resort, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
I am sorry to hear about your experience, but I would like to address your comments. Your villa was inspected and although we did not agree with your comments, in the spirit of customer relations, you where moved to another villa. A bottle of champagne was sent to your new villa and you where not charged for the first night. Every day, a guest service agent called your villa to insure that you where enjoying your stay with us, and every time we where advised that yes everything was fine. The day of departure we received a request to extend your stay for one more night. Unfortunately we where sold out and where not able to accommodate your desire to stay one more night at the hotel. Upon check out you advise that you had enjoyed your stay with us. We addressed and rectified the concern which you had upon check in, you received courtesy calls on a daily basis and you also wanted to extend your stay with us, but yet you post that you had amazingly bad service? very difficult to understand.

Wishing you and your family a healthy end of summer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Turkish first
Ogunquit, Maine
Reviewed 2 August 2013

An amazing place to relax and unwind and have a dream vacation. The whole complex is perfect with the beach right beside you and lovely large villa type rooms to stay in. The gardens are so green and well looked after and you see beautiful birds every day in the trees all around. The restaurants serve the best food you could imagine and always fresh and they will adjust items to suit your taste which was fantastic. Staff are very nice and want to help make your stay the best they possibly can and they would always ask if we needed anything and how our day had been. The style of the hotel is great and we especially enjoyed the big sunloungers and hammocks by the beach. Something we will never forget and we loved every minute here.

Fort Myers, Florida, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed at Villa Montana for 5 days with another couple- this secluded hotel is great! The grounds are beautiful and the ocean is the clearest water i have ever seen. Snorkeling was amazing and we stayed in water for hours every day. our 2 bedroom villa was spacious and lanai was enjoyable to sit and have drinks before dinner.
Eclipse restaurant has delicious food, from breakfast to the wonderful caesar salad for lunch and truly great dinners.
The owner, Alan, was delightful and was working all nights in the restaurant. He cares about his hotel and was friendly and let us sample wines and champagnes. Any requests we had at front desk were always quickly accommodated.The scenery is really great, orchids, iguanas, palm trees, crystal blue waters, and coqui frogs "chirping" at night, this really was a fun vacation.
we will be going back sooner then later, we really loved it. we took advantage of the beaches to walk on in the mornings, we kayaked and rented stand up paddles boards from local surf shop, all accessible through the front desk.

Highly recommend this resort!

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The room where my wife, my granddaughter and I stayed was nice and clean allthough not with an ocean view for the price. Beds were comfortable. It had a kitchenette to use to cook if desired. The restaurant was nice. Opened up to the beach. Dinner with steak and wine was very good, although beings as a wedding was going on at the same time we were seated on the beach with a canope over the tables. We did not mind that as they had a band that played the Beatles music, very well in fact. We enjoyed that. Breakfast was good. I had a egg and ham sandwich with some Puerto Rican coffee. Enjoyed very much. Thre beach was beautiful. Over all a great stay, but on the expensive side.

Room Tip: Ask for a beach view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I did not know what to expect since I had some friends stay recently and had negative situations. My experience was great, check-in was perfect and very professional. The manager was also there and welcomed us the property, they even offed us some sparkling wine which after a 2 hour driving from San Juan was needed. We did have some difficulty finding the room since it was dark it was hard to identify the building and numbers. We did ask an employee and he took us directly to our room and checked to ensure everything was in place and even set our AC. We had a room, it was nice and clean but not to big; I wish it had a chair in the room. We did have a terrace with outside seating which was nice, The beach is great and private, the 2 pools where good, it's a nice well kept property. We tried the Eclipse Restaurant for breakfast and the service was excellent, the order did take a while but the view and the service made up for it. I enjoyed the property especially to relax and take it easy. They are bikes you can rent and other activities to enjoy in the water or riding horses. The location is also great since if you have a car their are other nice Restaurants in the area which we also enjoyed.
All, I can say it that I will return very soon!!!!

Room Tip: All room locations are good. Some are closer to the beach others to the pool, but everything is walk...
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My wife and I cannot say enough about this place. This hotel is situated on the NorthWest part of the Island which has not been taken over by most tourists -like San Juan has-and if your flying into Aguadilla airport its just 15min away. The property is protected by a gated , guarded entrance so its pretty secure. The staff is very friendly and always willing to help and make the guests feel pampered. The two restaurants on the property, Eclipse and O have excellent service and even better food. The property has a private beach and two pools one of which is open 24 hrs. The grounds are immaculately kept and as I mentioned , all the staff go above and beyond to please. My one and only complaint is the price. I think it can be alot less pricey. The property reminds me of a place we stayed at in Punta Cana DR but for alot less money. Unfortunately , no all-inclusive just yet. I would definitely come back .

Room Tip: Ive stayed here before but this time we got the basic room. If your going to spend alot of time in t...
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Nice setting, price OK for Puerto Rico standards. However, attention to details makes an ever lasting impression. Today I took my wife for a few days of getaway time and when I left the reception noticed a pitcher outside with lemon water, since I was thirsty, I attempted to erve myself some, the jar was almost empty. What was left was warm and it appeared that it had been there all day without refreshing it. The villas need large size numbering for quick identification, otherwise, you need to get out of the car and walk to the building to figure out which one is yours. Also, the walkway onto the villa needed some cleaning as there were bird droppings. Just little details, but overall, it is a nice place to get away. Will try the restaurant tonite...

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isabela
Royal Isabela
Rincon Beach Resort
Rincon Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Anasco
La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort

Been to Villa Montana Beach Resort? Share your experiences!