Villa Montana Beach Resort
US$111
Travelocity
Royal Isabela(Isabela)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewseclipse restaurantbeach resortpuerto ricowedding plannerwhole complexbeautiful groundsbeautiful weddingdream come truehorseback ridinglaid backtropical trail ridessan juan airportkite surfinggreat restaurantfell in lovegrocery storeocean front
Reviewed 30 June 2008

Our stay was less than pleasant. Our room was not very clean and we had a 7 hour power outage during the evening, which resulted in no lights, air conditioning or hot water. When we went to check out, the computers were down and the man at the front desk was not able to give us a discount on the room despite this large inconvenience. Nor were we able to check out at the time.
Further, the food at the restaurant was not very good and there was a cat there begging for food, and eating a lizard during our meal.
This was not worth the money for this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank j1adc
Reviewed 28 May 2008

The property is situated directly on the beach. Wonderful views from the restaurant. Good food served by friendly staff while the ocean breeze flows through the dining room. I especially appreciated the attention to detail of service offered by the manager, Cynthia.
This is the right place for a very relaxing and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank TKlash
Reviewed 17 May 2008

Villa Montana is an expensive property on the NW tip of Puerto Rico. The gounds are well groomed and the room amenities are adequate. The beach is so-so, as the beach front is mainly hard sand stone with pockets of sand, not the place to take a swim or let the children play. The Resturant services also leave a lot to be desired. Reservations are alomost never honored (in fact they told us after our reservation wasn't honored that they don't take reservations, though I clearly called the resturant the day before and they confirmed it.) The food is nice, however not anything to write home about, but good for an informal beach atmosphere.
The management seemed indifferent about the complaints I lodged about the reservation issue. Perhaps it doesn't have control over it?
Overall if you are looking for a nice resort on the North West side of the island, I would look toward Ricon. Nothing here I would say merrits the $$$ price tag.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank JohnThomas1969
Reviewed 13 May 2008

My wedding at Villa Montana can only be described in one word… EXTRAORDINARY. Currently living in Mexico, all the planning was done via emails and phone calls. The wedding department staff took care of every detail and contributed with ideas. Curiously, what I wanted for my wedding ceremony, had never been done before… which was an ocean side wedding. Villa Montana offers their gazebo as part of their wedding package, which is wonderful. But since my sister had her wedding at the gazebo I wanted something totally different. And they made it happen…

I had a bunch of ideas for the beach ceremony, but I have to say that Mildred’s job on the design and outcome was just wonderful. For the cocktail I had ice cream trays which were a great complement for the beach ceremony, and Sandals were given to the guests. Dinner was beautiful… I have to say thanks Jeremy for that!!! My Brazilian friends were dying to know the recipe for the arroz mamposteao…

In the end, everyone was psyched about everything… the ceremony, music, cocktail, dinner… and I have to say… it was all what I dreamed… different and CHIC!

- F. Bosques

• Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank Pepifray
Reviewed 13 May 2008

My sister and I were on a mission to find my wedding location. We stayed at Villa Montana for one night to explore the grounds. The night of our stay we watch a wedding ceremony and it was absolutely gorgeous! The on site wedding planner Mildred was awesome! During the wedding reception, she took time to attend to my questions. Thank you SO much Mildred for your time :) This resort has a rustic feel with a touch of Asian flare. We did not dine at the resort but would definetly return for some R&R.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Besos15