“What can I say except "PERFECT"”

Villa Montana Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Isabela
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“What can I say except "PERFECT"”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I must say, I am an avid traveler and we found a new jewel. My girlfriend and I can not say enough about this place. We had the best time. The beaches was so clean and wonderful. The best part of this trip was we were coming off another trip and decided to extend our trip here. What a difference from the resort we came from the week before. (BTW WAS MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE ALSO) The staff is excellent, rooms are very clean, and the food in the restaurant was perfect. They really go out of their way to make sure your stay is a good one. I can go on and on. You need to experience it for yourself. They really have pride in their resort... We will be back again and again..

Room Tip: Well worth the extra money to get a room near the beach side. However all rooms are a quick walk to...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
ATiphaine, Owner at Villa Montana Beach Resort, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I will be passing along your comments to all the staff who will be thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope the cold weather is not treating you too harshly right now. you can always take a quick break and come down for a warm getaway!!!

Wishing you and your loved ones a Happy Holiday Season.

Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I want to start this review saying that if you dream of a beach wedding this is your perfect venue! I got married last june 15 and except for the extreme hot weather of that particular day everything was perfect. I live in Puerto Rico, so I was able to go to the resort a few times before my wedding. Every time we visited the venue the staff was really friendly and helped us with everything we needed.

Mara Morales was our planner in the resort ( I hired Babi Díaz a personal wedding coordinator to take care of the rest of the planning), she is very lovely and friendly. We communicated via email and she responded as soon as she could, she made sure everything I asked for was done. She also worked with our budget and explained every detail of the food, the service and how the wedding day was going to run. I have to note that she worked wonderfully with my coordinator the day of the wedding and even changed a bit the schedule that day. Because of the weather...we ended up making the cocktail hour shorter and starting the reception early. She also was kind enough to recommend our photographer which was Orlando Negron (he is amazing!!)

FOOD:

The food was to die for! Every single one of our guests complimented the food. We had the "Tierra Prometida Salad" and for the main courses were Pork Loin, Stuffed Chicken Breast with Mofongo and Grilled Fish in Beurre Blanc. Every single dish was on point, it was beautifully executed and just like we had it in the tasting. I forgot to mention that our hors d'oeuvre were fantastic!! I don't remember them all, but we had Shrimp Tempura, Tuna tartare and PR Bites. I cannot say enough good things about the food. You won't be disappointed!! I can't speak for the cake they provide, because we had C+M Cakes Designers make our wonderful cake.

To end this long review I will say that I had my dream wedding at Villa Montaña! The place is to die for with a beautiful estate and beach.They provided us with an excellent staff service during the whole wedding day. One side note is that the Eclipse Rest was recently remodeled and it turned out amazingly beautiful. The beach itself is gorgeous so you will have great beach pictures.

Just make sure to double check everything you want before the event. In my case my decor was made by Festivo, Pictures By Orlando Negron, Cake by C+M Cakes Designers and Coordination By Babi Díaz, Dress by Ecliptica. I had help outside the resort so explore your choices and you will end up having the best wedding ever!!! But if you can't afford the "outside help" I'm pretty sure you wont need it, because as I said they make sure you have everything you ask for! I ended up hiring a Coordinator because I didn't have the time to do by myself everything you need to do outside the resort (confirming guests, booking appointments, etc)

One last thing is that we stayed the wedding night at VM and the room was nice and clean, the bed was cozy and we had free wifi. My in laws stayed the whole weekend in a Villa and they had nothing but wonderful things to say about their time at VM.

Once again I want to thank the wonderful staff at VM for making my dream come true!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out to letting us how much you enjoyed having your wedding with us. Villa Montana is the ideal place for romantic intimate weddings.

I wish you all the best, and look forward to hosting you and your husband again in the very near future.

Happy Holidays!!
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here during the weekend with friends. The idea was to have a nice relaxing time to unwind from the stress of the week. I could say this was accomplished.

On the favorable points:
-Friendly staff during check in process (there was a wonderful lemongrass scent in the front desk area with very relaxing music, which felt so spa like).

-The villas are all scattered through the resort which is filled with trees and vegetation.

-We had a second floor villa that was nicely decorated, facing the gardens. However, I would recommend an ocean front one.

-They have currently one restaurant open in the property which is an open terrace concept facing the ocean (the second one being remodeled). They serve dishes prepared with local and organic ingredients. The atmosphere at night is so romantic as they have candles lit all over the place, giving it a very cozy look.

-The beach is very private and relaxing yet not the best one to swim (strong tides and currents and full of rocks).

On areas for improvement:
-The rooms could have a better maintenance: my bed had hair in the bed sheets which looked really disgusting. The floors were dirty and could use some better cleaning. Additionally the restroom in my room had a very big leakage in the toilet and I could hear the stream of water all night long.

-Room insulation is not good so you can hear the people outside. Fortunately, the resort is very relaxing so its not too noisy.

-I stayed for three days and two nights and no one came to make up my bed or change my towels during this time. They only changed towels in the visitors restroom.

-The restaurant would benefit from having a faster service. Food took a long time to serve. However servers were very friendly and corteous.

Overall the experience met my objective coming here. However, they need to improve on the room cleanliness portion - I did not let this fact ruin my vacation but these things are critical when I recommend a property or go back to visit it.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for taking the time out to comment on your stay with us. I am most happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be passing on your comments to all the staff. It is thru constructive comments like yours which helps us to continiously improve the operation and thus create an even better guest experience.

We all look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

All the best,
Des Plaines, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We were married at Villa Montana 5 years ago today and it was the most wonderful day and evening of our lives. The wedding on the beach was perfect. The staff was so wonderfully friendly and accommodating. The food was to die for. The room and pool were heavenly, and they even came in during the ceremony and cleaned our room a bit, left a bucket of champagne and scattered rose petals on the bed. The beach was lovely and there are all kinds of great activities very close by. A great escape. We highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Douglas B
Douglas,

great to hear from you!! thank you very much for taking the time to post about your wedding and stay with us. We all look forward to being able to host you and your lovely wife again!!

Happy Holidays
Galveston Island, Texas
Reviewed 3 October 2013

From the moment we arrived we fell in love with this place. Away from the noise and pollution of the city and in one of the most tranquil spots on the island. It felt a world away from San Juan! Nice welcome from the cheerful staff and our room was perfect. Like a home away from home, just in a nicer place! The greenery of the trees and plants was unexpected at a beach resort and the gardens are really special. If you take time to watch the trees you will notice all sorts of lovely birds hiding up there! The beach is fantastic and we saw some amazing sunsets. I can see why some people choose this place to get married. The food was also of a high standard and the menu was varied and interesting....and it all tasted great! Good staff throughout the hotel and a very relaxing and laid back vibe. Simply perfect!

1 Thank Daniela S
ATiphaine, Owner at Villa Montana Beach Resort, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Dear Daniela,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post on TA your thoughts regarding your stay with us.

I am delighted that you had such a good time while staying with us and that you took full advantage of all the amenities Villa Montana has to offer. I will be sharing your comments with the rest of the staff at VM.

We all look forward to having the opportunity in hosting you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

in·com·pe·tent: lacking necessary ability or skills.

I am internally torn having to write such a review, because i find that Villa Montaña Resort is CONCEPTUALLY ideal. But the truth must be published for other travelers.

I'll try to keep this short and to the point since you must proceed in reading the remaining 30% of the reviews that are average or below. I have labeled my negative experiences under 4 categories, i stayed 2 nights in a very small "Deluxe" hotel room for $204.00 a night.

ROOM: Damped odor, dirty floors, broken TV remote (guest services never came upon request), roaches crawled out of the a/c and the bathroom sink,

GROUNDS: Spider webs with spiders along the entrance of the room. Entrance covered in dirt. I had a fallen tree log just outside the door during my entire stay. ground keepers begin to work with very loud machinery at 8am on a Saturday. The pool was dirty and had a nasty oily green color (didnt jump in). Staff uses very loud gas powered carts to move around, they are very loud and i was awaken several times at night by them.

RESTAURANT: Terrible service. Inadequately prepared to deal with questions about the menu and to respond to complaints; flat out rude. They took forever on everything. Food was OK, but very overpriced.

GUEST SERVICES: While i was checking out after a disappointing stay i was "surprised" to find out i was being billed an extra $100 for late check out. I fully understand why late checkouts should be penalized and agree that its the correct way to manage in and outs but for this particular instant the check out time was never communicated when i arrived, let alone the charges related to it. Upon request to speak or meet with management or ownership I was left in the dark. They remained hidden in silence and never showed up.

This Resort is heavily dependent on its location to attract guest. Its just simply very poorly managed, owned and looked after. Mostly all of the negative experiences i came across that weekend can be attended, fixed and improved with correct supervision and follow up. Ownership just doesn't prioritizes on their guest. Once your in the door, its done for them.

Yes its beautiful and maybe, just maybe i could say it can be a hit or miss. But just by observing how this resort is being operated, it is guaranteed some inconvenience will emerge during your stay.

Thank you TripAdvisor for allowing such a forum to exist.

6 Thank jess_t007
ATiphaine, Owner at Villa Montana Beach Resort, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post on TA your thoughts regarding your recent stay, and providing a basic definition on the word incompetent.

I am very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I am also very surprised at some of the comments which you posted.

Your claim of roaches coming out of the sink and the A/C is very serious. All of our units are monitored every day and by being in a tropical environment fumigation is a constant. You indicate that one of the pools was not clean. Our pools are cleaned every morning and chemical levels are verified twice per day. If oil was present this could be form a person with sun tan lotion who jumped in the pool without showering. Because of this, during heavy use periods the pools are cleaned twice per day.

You also claim that groundskeepers begin to use machinery at 8 am on a saturday. I am very surprised at this comment as the groundskeepers don't work on saturdays and on weekdays they only start to use machinery until 9 am.

You also claim that loud gas powered carts are used late at night and that you where awakened by them. I am also very surprised as our housekeeping staff at 11 pm go home and security at night does rounds on bicycle so as to move around efficiently and without any noise at night.

It is most unfortunate that you did not enjoy The Eclipse Restaurant. Instead of using generic, broad strokes, should you have provided some more detail about your experience,perhaps your concerns could be qualified and addressed.

You claim that you where not told about check out time. Yet check out time is clearly marked on the registration card which you signed. None of our late check out fees are $100. If you where indeed charged $100 then it would have been a courtesy as check outs after 6 pm are charged a full night rate.

I want to again thank you for posting your comments on TA. It is quite obvious that your intentions where not constructive but for some reason where quite the opposite.

chico,ca
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Condo style resort. Friendly, helpful staff. The resort's restaurant, Eclipse, had good food at a fairly reasonable price and fantastic ambience right at the waters edge. The beach is a beautiful very long cove, lined with umbrellas and comfortable seating, but very rocky and not safe to swim in if the water has surf. Nice pool however, and has a bar from the back side of the restaurant. The room has a fridge and the bar provides free ice if you want to do your own drinks. The area around the resort is rural and lush and the coqui frogs at night are amazing..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
thank you for taking the time out to post about your experience while staying at Villa Montana Beach Resort.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned, the beach is presently rocky. This is due to tide and change in currents, and happens every year. After a month or two the sand is redeposited and we get plenty of sand back.

Looking forward to being able to host once again.

Alain Tiphaine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isabela
Royal Isabela
Rincon Beach Resort
Rincon Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Anasco
La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort

Been to Villa Montana Beach Resort? Share your experiences!