“A piece of paradise.”

Villa Montana Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Isabela
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I've stayed at Villa Montaña Beach Resort in several occasions through the last years and I must say that there's simply no other place like this in Puerto Rico . The atmosphere is so relaxed, the food at The Eclipse Restaurant is great, the privacy and comfortability of the villas has no match, the beach is beautiful and great for surfing, kite surfing, swimming or simply sunbathing. I definitely recommend Villa Montaña to anyone that really wants to relax and have a great time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FairReviewer2013
There are newer reviews for Villa Montana Beach Resort

Reviewed 9 April 2014

The resort is stunningly beautiful. You truly feel as if you have escaped into paradise. I stayed in a villa with friends. The villa was very clean, comfortable, and nicely decorated. The restaurant, Eclipse had good food and most of it was locally sourced and fresh (farm to table as we say here in NYC). This is a great location for either a couples getaway, a family reunion, or friends who would like to vacation together. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The secluded beach which is miles long is worth a stay in and of itself.

Room Tip: The villas are a great deal. Our villa had two bathrooms, two bedrooms, outside patios, living room...
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The rest was paradise - truly lovely. The rooms were amazing, fantastic for a late night or post-event gathering. High ceilings, beautiful artwork, comfy beds, etc. The beach itself is pretty magical - and the restaurant is delicious. I ate every meal there for almost three days and I was sad to leave. I love how it was kind of a little wild, and off the beaten path. It was like living inside of a pinterest board for three days. Amazing - will be coming back

1  Thank victoria_a_mayer
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I want to give this place 5 stars because the people running it are just so darn sweet and nice, but there are a few things that they could address to bring it up to a full five stars. Hopefully this review will be helpful.

Location, location, location!!! Gorgeous, relaxing setting on the beach. Wildlife abounds - the iguanas, geckos, coquis and local birds all add to the charm. In addition, there are 2 cats, a talking bird and a few very sweet dogs who live on the resort. I saw previous reviews about bugs -we saw *a* spider when we arrived, and then never again. Some of the villas are rented year round by the U.S. Coastguard, one who explained to not chase the Geckos away - they provide natural pest control, plus they are so sweet! The beach is lovely, the left side gets rocky, but if you stay near the portion in front of the restaurant it's perfect for swimming. There are lots of comfy beach chairs and hammocks for relaxing, and the restaurant will serve drinks on the beach :)

Rooms: we were there for a wedding, so we got to see our own room plus many others. It's interesting - there is a very wide range, from regular hotel rooms to 2 bedroom villas with a full kitchen and laundry that are bigger than our apt. back home. Sweet, beachy decor in all the rooms. For the price, I was expecting something a little more high-end, but on reflecting the current decor feels very homey and relaxing, and is appropriate for the beach setting. Great place to go with a large group, could split a 2 bedroom and share the cost.

Cleanliness: our room was clean and comfortable. The floors are tile with very wide grout between the tiles which catches sand very easily and doesn't completely go away even after being cleaned. My recommendation would be to shake everything thoroughly before entering, maybe leave shoes close to the door.

Quality of sleep: slept great! Bed was comfy. It is true they are close to the airport and I know there is a flight that Arrives close to 4 am, however, I never even noticed it! Just goes to show how good we slept - the soft moonlight, ocean breezes, and comfy bed make for a restful setting.

Eclipse Restaurant: Delicious. Absolutely fantastic food - tuna tacos, GFC cocktail, pot de creme, and coconut French toast were my faves. Servers were so sweet and nice, however, this is where management could work out a new system: we were constantly being brought drinks that were never ordered which we sent back, but they would show up on our bill anyway. We had to carefully check our bill each time. Also, the service was verrrrry slow. It became the joke of the weekend, "we're on island time". It actually was similar to what we encountered in San Juan as well, so maybe it's just a cultural thing? Looked as though only one person ran the cash register, so the servers would get bottlenecked while trying to close out a bill. I also think the bar and restaurant share the same cash register, so maybe they can add another one to speed things up during peak hours? They also need to work on the delivery system as mentioned things were often brought to the wrong people. Maybe management can do a work flow analysis to find the holes in the system.

Overall this was a great place to stay. I would recommend it to friends and hope to go back some day.

Room Tip: Better cell service closer to the beach/restaurant, also not as far as a walk.
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I cannot say enough amazing things about Villa Montana. Jessica and Alain were the most incredible hosts, paying attention to every detail of our wedding so it would be perfect. The resort is stunningly beautiful. Eclipse (their restaurant) has hands-down the best cuisine on the island with celebrity chef Jeremie Cruz at the helm (and I am Puerto Rican living in Manhattan, so I can speak to both comparable restaurants/hotels on the island and to being a foodie). The Ahi Tuna Taco, Guava Pastelillos, Shrimp and Lemongrass Soup and Eclipse Pizza are all to die for! The decor is Restoration Hardware-meets-open air beach chic. The rooms are gorgeous, and the reviews complaining about bugs are ridiculous (hello--it's a rain forest. We never saw any bugs but it goes with the territory of course).

My wedding was cancelled the day before by the groom, and yet the resort managed to help both sides really enjoy the weekend. We had 70 guests who flew in, and they coordinated two parties at the same time so they didn't have to uncomfortably run into each other, and everybody had a good time. It could have been a disaster, but instead we turned it into a "starting over" party, and Villa Montana helped us be able to do that. I would highly recommend the resort for a wedding, vacation, or a getaway with family. It truly is a place to kick back and relax and enjoy the waves. xo

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Olga G
ATiphaine, Owner at Villa Montana Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Olga,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences while staying with us.

It was a pleasure to assist and insure that you and your guests had a memorable time with us.

We all look forward to having the opportunity to hosting you again in the very near future.

All the best

Reviewed 6 April 2014

The worst place to stay in Puerto Rico. A very expensive hotel with the worst service. The rooms have cockroaches. Bed sheets with holes. If there is zero rating I would give it to this place. Never stay here. The management do not care about customers. The restaurant is too expensive and drinks are like a glass of water. Definately I would not recommend this place...

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Omayra-ca

We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I would very much appreciate it if you could provide me with more information (gm@villamontana.com) regarding your stay so we could investigate how this could happen as it is not a norm in our hotel to provide our guests with sheets that have holes in them. Many thanks again for your time.

Regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Gorgeous location. I am not usually so lucky when choosing holidays, this one was my best yet. Gardens were well tended, two pools, we booked a basic room but it was made very special with the great service from the staff, friendly and courteous at all times. The food was again very different to what we normally get offered in Portugal, it was fresh and well presented with something different every night. Sporty types will find loads to choose from, my husband loved it. The special thing I'll take away with me is the absolute natural beauty of the place still feeling like we were the first people on the beach, magical. A must visit spot, highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience while staying at Villa Montana Beach Resort. We take great pride in our work, and offering our guests a memorable experience.

We look forward to hosting you again in the very near future.

Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Isabela
Royal Isabela
Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel
Rincon Beach Resort
Rincon Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Anasco

Been to Villa Montana Beach Resort? Share your experiences!