“I want to repeat again and again”

Parador Villas del Mar Hau
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Isabela
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“I want to repeat again and again”
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I went with my family and friends to stay in this parador and we got in love with everything. The view was soooooooo amazing and just some steps from every room. So we decided sleep with the door from the balcony opened and feel the night sea breeze.
Was a quiet nights and the place for make activities is very nice. Its a place the get peace!!!!! And stay relax. All the staff were very proper with us.
Just need make more propaganda and realize activities for the guests.. Like sports, kareoke nights and that stuff.
The room we got was so big and comfortable... that We wanted buy it if we can... :)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
VillaHau, Front Office Manager at Parador Villas del Mar Hau, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review!! We're glad you were able to relax and enjoyed your stay. We will keep in mind the suggestions for some type of sporting events and karaoke nights to provide our guests. Give us a call for your next trip. Thanks again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 17 April 2013

This place is the worse place I've ever stayed in. The reception desk personnel are dishonest, the employees in general are disrespectful and will apologize and lie profusely when a complaint is lodged. This place is outdated and the restaurant is awful! Slow service and what do you know? More rude, disgruntled employees! Beware- never again. .

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank A M
VillaHau, Front Office Manager at Parador Villas del Mar Hau, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
I am so sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused on your trip. We had responded to your complaint and had one of our guards inform the guests to please lower the music. At which time they did. We do have a time line for which music may be played, after 10 pm on evenings and not before 9 am mornings.

At the time of your visit to the front desk to notify us about the incidence, we had informed you that we had taken all necessary actions so it would not happen again. Unfortunately, you had decided to depart early. You will be receiving a certificate for a stay with us, so you could give another chance. I'm positive that you will not be disappointed. Thank you and have a great day!!!
Puerto Rico
Reviewed 14 April 2013

We are used to do family vacations and spend weekends at resorts or hotel like every other month, so we decided to gave a chance to Villas del Mar Hau, some of out friends recommend it, we arrive a Thursday after 5pm, we have booked a first floor ocean front department and when we arrive they ask us if we don't mind to be in the second floor since by their mistake they have change our reservation without telling us to a second floor, no big deal they fix that and we stay at the first floor that we rented, the apartment floor wasn't that clean at all, and the apartment was appropriate for a group of six that we are and the view was super, we ate at the restaurant Olas y Arena and was nice, no expensive and with great flavor, next day we spend the day on the beach and was awesome, a very peaceful place and with no crowding of the beach, the kids spend the day with me and my wife snorkeling and playing with the sand, in the same apartment building I was staying were also two other families in the other 2 out of 4 apartments that were from the continental USA and they like use were having a great time with the peace of the area, but it wasn't until pass 7pm of the Friday that everything went upside down, our neighbors from the upper apartment arrive, first I was told the apartment was for a maximum of 6 persons and they were like 10, (first strike), second they arrive with a huge boom box that since I see it I knew immediately that the peace will be gone and I was right the start with the music very loud, instead of being in their private balcony at night they went down the stairs and sat over a couple of seats in front of our apartment screaming hearing the loud music and speaking in swearing, well I have deal with things like this in the past since we have a beach house in another part of the island and I thought It would be as easy to call the security, well past 11 pm I decided to call security but for my surprise no one answer the phone at the front desk, well I decided to personally talk to the security guy myself, for my surprise he was playing cards with another guy and when I talked to him about the problem he stated will take care of it, for my surprise he didn't told them to turn off the radio just to take down a little bit the music and left them in the same place screaming out loud a swearing, well for my surprise I thought the security do some rounds in the night but it seems they don't do it since they were with loud music and screaming out and swearing until 3:30 am and no one yes no one of the security do any thing so they have a huge security concern in the night since if they left someone do this all night imagine what a thief or another person could do!!!!!!!!!, We wake up early and after buying some bread at a local bakery I went to the office and complain about what happened in the night to the guy there and he told they will fix that but imagine my surprise when my neighbors, yes the party animals we have in the upper apartment that were up until 3:30 am were already up at 9am and yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!they started with the music again but this time they it the home run with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, since the apartment is beach front the settle exactly in front of the apartment on the beach and they were screaming from the beach to a guy in their balcony to keep pump up the volume until they can hear well the music on the beach!!!!!!!yes that's about 100 yards away, even me and the other in the other part of the beach ( the pocita) could hear the music, we can even speak without screaming in our apartment due to their loud music and the security guys well what can I expect they didn't bother to tell them anything, so the security their is the poorest i ever saw in a place even third world countries and I have been their, our load neighbors continues what they left in the night thought the day and in the late noon we decided that our stay from Thursday to Sunday will be finished early since our neighbors will not be letting us have peace or at least rest!!!!!!!When we were packing we find out that also our neighbors from the continental USA were leaving too for the same reason ( Yes they are losing 2 apartment and potential future guest for a over booked apartment of low lie people without considerations for the others), When we went to the office to hand off out keys the ask why we were leaving early and we explained ( again since I already complained in the night and early in the morning of out neighbors) that we were leaving since we could be staying at a place that we can even speak to each other or be in peace, the manager Iris offer us to gave us a refund of the Saturday night due to our situation and at that time the front office employee a young women told us that she specifically told to our neighbors from upper apartment about to not doing noises after 10pm since she told us they were in a group with other people, they tried to persuade us to stay but like I said to them this is not going to improve since I have complained about it 2 times and no one did anything about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, They then told us they were sorry and to wait for their call for the refund, yes we are still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!No Refund, no peace, no hidden paradise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I felt ashamed since they were people who travel far from US to spend time and enjoy my country and people like this with their behavior let the wrong impression on this tourist and people like the administration that allow this kind of behavior from other guest and simply not enforcing their own rules and protecting their own place, I encourage you to not got there, big security issues. worst administration ever since even thought I complain they didn't do anything to fix the problem, places that don't enforce their own rules are not safe to guest period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Never going back there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank Cami_Ale_13
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I spent 3 nights without A/C on the room!
Service is the worst youll ever get. Dont even try the Restaurant; is horible!! Nobody seams to know anything about hospitality and service! Such a great spot and is ruined by these people! I live in PR and feel shamed about the service in this place!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Ricky89_11
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My husband and I have been coming here for years and because of that we've seen the transformation of the place for the better. This time we were celebrating our anniversary and we had such a good time. The check in went smooth, the villa had a perfect location and was more than comfortable for the two of us. What I found best was the bed. I slept so well, no back pain at all. The matress was pillow top, very comfortable.
There were some issues related to the maintenance during our stay, but every time I called they came almost immediately. All the staff was very friendly. And we also got a very good offer.
Tip: it's better to go on weekdays. We stay from Monday thru Friday and when we were leaving you could see a lot of people coming and the beach was crowded.

Room Tip: From 1 to 3, those have the best view, although you have a beach view from almost all of them.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
VillaHau, Front Office Manager at Parador Villas del Mar Hau, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Great!! I'm truly glad you enjoyed your time with us again. We appreciate all the excellent feedback we have received from you. We go beyond our expectations to upkeep the maintenance and facilities in tip-top shape so everyone can enjoy. Looking forward to your next visit. Thank you.
Reviewed 15 March 2013 via mobile

I've always wanted to stay overnight in Isabela, PR and I found the perfect place in Paradores del Mar Hau! We got a wonderful villa with the Atlantic Ocean in full view. It was breathtakingly beautiful! I can't wait to go back real soon!! Thanks to all the service folks who treated us like family!

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the wonderful review!!!! We look forward to having you back. We're here to make your stay feel like home, away from home. Thanks again.
Cayey, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We stayed during week days, the rooms were clean, and the staff was helpful. The check-in process was a bit slow but other than that it was good. The location is amazing, love the proximity to the beach and the fact that you can bring your own food and drinks.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isabela
Royal Isabela
Hotel El Guajataca
Hotel El Guajataca
#1 of 2 in Quebradillas
Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel

Been to Parador Villas del Mar Hau? Share your experiences!