Parador Villas del Mar Hau
US$121
US$130
Royal Isabela(Isabela)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbasketball courtsound of the wavesgreat beachbeach frontplaya jobosfamily vacationsan juanarenacottageolasparadiseoceanporchislandlourdesbeachessurf
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Our second time here in the last 2 years... small wooden shack with two bedrooms ..mattress really need to be replaced .. by the second day my back was hurting... I brought my own hammock, placed on the hooks and chilled ... great snorkeling in the deep area of the beach... beautiful clear water with fish that tend to get near you... pools was observed to be cloudy and dirty .. so I stayed away from that .. great wifi connection... invited friends to the beach area .. had a barbeque and later hung out at the small house... really enjoyable...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Luisound
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stayed with my wife and 2 kids in March and eventhough it was a cloudy weekend our stay was very nice. The property is a "Parador" or small inn type so the review should be according to what a place of this type should have in ammenities. However the location and view of almost all of its rooms is priceless. Is a beachfront property with a reef protected beach area perfect for everyone and another open ocean beach area perfect for surfing when there are waves. This property is known for its beach front location in Isabela. The property is one of the top enviromentally friendly locations in the Island. Is a great place to relax and have a good time without any time preasure either with family or as couples. However not recommended for business travel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ramon C
Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed here mid-week in May with my wife and two teens. We drove up since we are locals, but had a hard time finding the property along Route 466, which is the beach highway and has no illumination after dark. There is a single sign for the hotel and it's barely visible (could use lighting or reflective paint). We finally arrived around 8 p.m. and were promptly checked in at our villa. Ours was a low-numbered one close to the restaurant. The twin-sized beds were okay for the kids, while the queen-size pillow top bed on our room was comfortable. Closet space is not much, but drawers made up for it. There is a small serviceable kitchen with a gas stove, and almost all kitchenware is provided. A flat screen TV and a simple modular wicker sofa and table make up the tiny living room, but the large balcony makes up for it. It has a larger table seating four, a chaise lounge, and hooks for your hammock (or rent one for a nominal fee). Like almost all the villas, our balcony overlooks the ocean a few feet away; an inmense fossilized dune, or eosinolite, not 200 feet away, serves as a reef enclosing a shallow beach suitable for young families, while the surf breaks wild just beyond the rock barrier.

When we called to make our reservation , we were told just to bring beach towels. Unfortunately, we found out we also needed matches, paper towels and dishwasher liquid our first night in, and there are no phones in the villas to call in housekeeping. And foraging out on the property grounds to locate housekeeping at 10 pm is not the best first impression of the hotel. Although we were assisted early the next morning, we would rather have a list of standard and available amenities on the hotel's dated website, so we know what to pack and to expect. If you need an iron or a hair blower, bring it.

Bring a camera to the beach from sunrise and past sunset and make your own unforgettable memories. There is also a small playground, a swimming pool and a basketball court on premises. The restaurant, offering mostly seafood and local specilaties, is cozy and its terrace opens out to the beach view. Spa services are also available, per appointment, in a lovely oceanview setting. Although we did not dine there this time, staff were courteous and place was clean. Villas del Mar Hau is one of the mist environmentally responsible hotels I have stayed in; solar panels, windmill, trash sorting, and hydroponic gardening are just a few initiatives I observed. Although past reviews describe the hotel as pet-friendly, the front desk informed us that it is no longer so, per owner's instructions. Oh well, too bad, so we left behind our 5-month old housebroken Shih Tzu puppy, paying extra for lodging, only to meet a couple of guests at the restaurant staying with their own Shih Tzu dog. Doña Myrna, what gives?

For the most part, our stay was most enjoyable and would return and recommend to friends. All employees were unfailingly courteous and helpful. They have had a stable management under the Hau family for decades, and this level of care and hospitality philosophy shows. My remarks on my first-night difficulties are easy to remedy, we hope that they see to it that other guests are not turned off. I look forward to a repeat stay at a charming place on a wonderful setting, and wish the Haus all the best

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Roalmabi
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Our Stay was a nightmare. A place that had price per night very expensive with the standards of a third world country. I got there the front garden of the villa was full of dirt and cigarettes but. I call the front desk and 15 minutes later this guy with an air weed blower and blow them to the side garden of the villa. The Doors had so much paint that they are not even near to close. Therefore you have no privacy in the rooms. The windows curtain had so much dust I have to pull them out in order to keep the air clean and fresh for my kids. There is no way you can control the water valve in the shower. It was a pain when you have kids, water is almost boiling in 10 second and the next 10 seconds is freezing. Most of the windows do not operate fine. The room was dirty when we got there. The bathroom is very small.
The air conditioner works fine. The beach is beautiful. Very interesting that the employees drive their car very fast when you have kids everywhere. Same for the maintenance truck a green F150. In a summery the overall experience we had in this place was the worst I ever had in a Parador, villa or hotel. I would not recommend anyone to stay in this place. I was staying in Villa # 22.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Alex L
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I purchased an offer to stay at Villas del Mar Hau anytime from April to May. Surprisingly I called today (for the second time) to make reservations and the supervisor who answered was extremely rude and non accommodating to our needs as customers. She started out by pointing out that our time was nearly up. After that she talked to my girlfriend about our lack of organization for booking almost 2 weeks before! Finally when we asked to speak to a supervisor she said she was the supervisor and shortly after that proceeded to hang up the phone. I won't stay in that place no matter how beautiful the beach and the scenery might be. Some things are worth more that.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank angelus29
VillaHau, Front Office Manager at Parador Villas del Mar Hau, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are very accommodating with our guests in every manner. Unfortunately, some offers have some restrictions and guidelines that we have to follow and obey. We are here to assist and accommodate your every need and maintain the best interest of our guests and our company also. Thank you.