“Very good, if you want to relax on the beach...”

Parador Villas del Mar Hau
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Isabela
Reviewed 25 November 2013

First of all, this is not a 'hotel', as you would expect... it is more like a beach vacation "Inn". It is like a tropical concept with 'cabañas'. Don't expect luxuries or night clubs; this is to go and relax on the beach. But don't get me wrong, this place is 'great'...I loved it... First of all, the whole place is very well kept and maintained. All the 'cabañas' were occupied so we stayed on a 'studio'. It was very well kept. The 'cabañas' and 'studios' have small kitchens so you can bring your own food to cook. The staff was very helpful starting with Jennifer, Iris and Cristina at the front desk. The housekeeping personnel (Milagros & Victor) were very helpful and friendly but very respectful of your privacy at the same time. I live in San Juan, so I know that people outside the San Juan metropolitan area is generally more friendly. The beach is not really a 'beach', it is very shallow and 'choppy', but it is great for relaxing and taking sun. We went to the restaurant, "Olas y Arenas"...that was a different story; the food was not great and the service was really slow. I don't know if it is always like that or it was because there was a wedding during the afternoon. To me, the restaurant is not really important regarding my decision to return and recommend this place. I will definitely return soon and I will definitely recommend it to any one. It was a great week end. I was really surprised with how well this place is maintained and well kept for being a 'low key' beach vacation paradise. If you want to do something on the evenings, you can go out to different restaurants or 'pubs' nearby. I really recommend it if you want to relax...do 'nothing'...and enjoy the sun...Excellent...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank alyrodz

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

The concept of having a two bedroom house, right on the beach is excellent; however, the cleanliness is quite deficient. At night we found the bathroom full dozens of miniature cockroaches. The administration services leaves much to be desired. The food at the restaurant was quite good.

In general, we gave it a so, so.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Enrique C
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Lovely location with natural pool and relaxation. The parador needs maintenance and the rooms can be cleaner. The grounds are ok but at least you have a beautiful natural beach/pool and the snorkeling is unbelievable. We spent 3 nights and will come back. Hopefully management is reading this reviews to better understand were they are failing.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank wherewegoing3
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Parador Villas Del Mar Hau ! The little bungalows were clean and very comfortable, in a great location ( right in front of a blue crystal clear lagoon), and we've been received by very professional and friendly staff ! Thanks to German (Henry ;) ) who've been a really nice host ! We would definitely recommend this place to anybody ! Julie & Laurence

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 6 September 2013

As a Puertorican I must say that tourism in Puerto Rico is quite expensive, and Villas Del Mar is not an exception. The place is nice, and the beach too. Very good beach for little kids. Our villa was fully equipped and the air conditioners worked very well. The restaurant in the location is very nice, and the food was really good. The only things they should improve is to control the dogs we had around the villas. Again, don't take me wrong, I have nothing against dogs, but when you have a newborn or small kids, you don't want strange animals around. Also, the price for the stay is to high, I'll definitely come back for less.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank laristain
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My family and I stayed here for the first time this past week, we were disappointed that the pool was not open for the kids to go swimming, They were looking forward to the pool since there is really not much for kids to do, there were no signs or anything. Also too many dogs all over the place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Diana N
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed here as part of a big group for a wedding. The cabins were rustic. Not large but everything we needed. We didn't spend much time in the unit though. The beach is why you come here! Great snorkeling from the beach. Lots of locals. Nice staff. The finishes were not great but I think by puerto Rico standards its not bad. It's an island cabin... Knowing that I would come back. And the restaurant on the property was awesome. I'm writing a separate review of that. A few other things: unit comes with kitchenette and basic housewares. Bedroom has ac but common areas doesn't. Great porch area. Lots of lizards running around but no bugs. Hotel grounds include a pool and tennis courts and other amenities but I never used them(just the beach)! It was a long trip from San Juan. Be prepared for this or fly to little airport nearby. Big town nearby with grocery store and Walmart etc for supplies if needed Enjoy! Everything is in a little community. I felt very safe. There were some Eco rooms but I didn't see them.

Room Tip: We had a 2bed cabin on the water, number 12. Some units aren't on the water, but across the stre...