This is a very nice place to stay depending on what you are looking for. We rented a two bedroom house right on the ocean. The view is spectacular and the people working there are very nice and very accommodating. There were a couple of drawbacks that would be nice to be aware of. We came with small children hoping to just step out onto the beach and swim in the ocean. This is what the pictures led us to believe. But we were told it is very dangerous to swim along most of the beachfront. There is a small area in front of the restaurant where you can swim as it is protected by a big rock. The water level is only knee deep but has nice sand. In front of the houses they are building a wooden fence that takes away from the view depending on which house you have and they have big ugly danger signs right in front of the houses so that will mess up your view if that kind of thing bothers you.
The cabana's themselves are VERY bare bones. We planned on cooking all of our meals so this kind of thing is important to us. There was no soap, sponges, can openers, toasters, matches to get the stove to start etc. We got a few pans, some silverware and cups, plates, bowls. The fridge We kind of expected more for the price.
The houses are pretty close so if your neighbors decide to play loud music or be loud in general there is not much you can do about it.
We ended up renting an apartment in Rincon where the water is a little calmer. The apartment had a lot of necessities which made our trip so much more pleasant. Good luck, Villa del mar does have awesome views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming beachfront villas located on one of the most beautiful beaches of the northwest region of Puerto Rico. Our facilities include restaurant, tennis court, pool area, beach volleyball and also basketball court. Nearby Jobos beach and Middles ideal for practicing the sport of surfing. Also practice snorkeling or horseback riding in our facilities, the perfect place to unwind and have an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Parador Villas del Mar Hau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador Villas Del Mar Hau Hotel Isabela
- Villas Del Mar Hau
- Parador Hotel Isabela
- Parador Hotel Del Mar Hau
- Parador Villas De Mar Hau
- Parador Villas Del Mar Hau Puerto Rico/Isabela