“Great Price and Great time!!”

Parador Villas del Mar Hau
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Isabela
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Let me start by saying that I have stayed in some AWFUL places and at some pretty incredible 5 star resorts in my life. My family and I stayed a few days at this facility while in PR for a wedding. We had a fabulous visit. The private beach was fabulous and we felt like we had our own piece of paradise! The house we stayed in was very large and clean. We ate breakfast at the restaurant each day. It was slightly overpriced for what you get, but starting each day overlooking the water was worth it! Each night we would turn off the a/c unit and listen to the waves lull us to sleep. Our two small children loved the facility and have asked to return. The bathroom was a bit small, but we didn't care. The balconies gave us plenty of room to dry our swimsuits each day. We will definitely return to this facility!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank CarolinaMomofTwins

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were at the aforementioned family reunion, but had a very different experience at Hau. The location of Hau is incredibly beautiful, but that's where the positive ends. We stayed at cabin 6C, a 3-bedroom oceanfront villa, advertised to accommodate six and we were six. This very-expensive-for-what-you-get-cabin is in need of serious upgrading. The living/kitchen area and bathrooms are not only completely dingy and dated, but also dirty. The ceilings have mold, the ceiling fan is gross, and the floors so yucky, we wore shoes at all times. And because Hau is a "green hotel," there is no cleaning service. The only housekeeping entails getting (extremely thin) towels every other day. Even with my daily sweeping (on vacation!), cleaning of surfaces (with no cleaning products; didn't know I had to take my own), the place was always gross. Also, our wifi never worked. And this is the most expensive villa on the property!

But wait, there's more: at 7 am on our first morning there, we heard very loud talking and rattling outside our window. I go out to find four workers putting a ladder against our window ready to paint our unit! They stopped when I complained, but proceeded to do loud yard work all around our unit. While my husband and I had attempted to have a romantic breakfast enjoying our ocean view, three workers "kept us company" by painting the stair railings of the unit above us. When I complained at the front desk, all I got was that they had no idea any of this was going on. For the duration of our visit (and mind you the hotel was full), the constant and very noisy work complete with installing new grass continued all around us.

Very important alert: the beach in front of the Hau is public. The hotel charges daily visitors a car fee and families arrive in droves starting at 10 am. Remember our beautiful ocean view? It is completely impeded by armies of very noisy people on the beach. Also, because our villa happened to be in direct line between the parking lot and the beach access, we had constant movement of these daily people coming and going in front of our balcony. No privacy, no peace and quiet, no feeling of security.

And if all this was not enough... On our last morning, we woke up to find that our toilet had exploded into our shower complete with #2!. The bathroom floor was also flooded. It was beyond gross! My husband found some workers who promised to look into it. Nothing happened. After an hour, a worker arrived with two bottles of Drano! Again, I went to the front desk where no one seemed especially alarmed by our situation. We were promised to be given access to a vacant nearby villa's bathroom, as soon as it was cleaned. We never heard from anyone. We proceeded to use the bathrooms of our other family members. Thank goodness for that! When we checked out, we asked for a discount for our terrible experience and were offered one free night of out choice IN THE FUTURE. No thanks! Not only do we live in North Carolina, but also we will never return to Hau.

Room Tip: We bathed in a family member's room which had 2 double beds -- much nicer that ours. Also, on s...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank ChacaNC
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Staying at #3 and it's about midnight, and the Merengüe music incredibly loud we can't deal with it... Definetly not staying here any more... We rented 3 cabañas on the road, and nobody can stand the music...

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Wilfredo F
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We reserved the Villa Hau a year in advance for our family reunion for 120 people.
Our stay was amazing! I have only good things to say about the place, people, food and rooms. The restaurant was able to accommodate us for a wonderful buffet meal for 120 people. The event coordinator worked with me in a very professional and kindly manner. The rooms were clean and lovely. I really loved the fact that all ages can enjoy the water. The lagoon was calm for the kiddies, the ocean was calm but had some waves for the older children and if you didn't care for those you could go to the pool, which was kept quite clean. The studio rooms were beautiful and had large bathrooms. The cabins had a full kitchen but the bathrooms are quite tiny. Next time I will go with the studio rooms instead of the cabins, although the beds in the cabins were quite comfortable. I would not hesitate to stay in this part of paradise. The sunsets were like no other! Food was fantastic at the Olas Restaurant and it was run very well. Oh and there was a snack stand on the beach that my grandchildren absolutely loved! There was also a full bar in the restaurant. Loved every minute....wish I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: If you are able to do steps I would stay on the second floor for the view and get a studio room for...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank knerrcolon
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This place seemed convient after a while. This place is a beatiful spot and a good ghost story nearby about a guy losing his cow and both died in a hurricane and you could hear the guy trying to save his cow and calling his name. But anyways that's where the comps stop, seriously when he booked our hotel here it took a while not worth it btw and when we got to the room, we saw bugs, not just ordinary bugs, ROACHES. roaches on the floor in the mini fridge, on the beds, crawling on the walls, nasty at first I wanted to get out but my guests wanted their money's worth so sadly we tried to kill em all and the pool was gross, pubic hair floating, and it smelled bad. Food as cold and sloppy. Outdoor grills were ok. Beach was pleasant but it was littered. Hotel rooms smelled and gross me and my family cleaned, and not to meant ion the sleeping quaity was like hell it was noisy outside drunks, party animals and that generation that was noisy! And the staff was kinda rude as you would realized. This place could be heaven but with good hands and good care.

Room Tip: Broken acs, dirty, don't come here
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Wolfgirl5902
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We visited the parador on June 1 to June 3, 2014 and had an awesome experience. Our room was located beachfront on a second floor with kitchenette. The facilities were very clean and the room was tastefully decorated. We brought our own food to cook and used a BBQ with no problems. The only thing we found bothersome was the lock of the front door gave us trouble to open the after it was locked but a friendly housekeeper and a worker solved the problem with a little bit of oiling. The beach is divided in two areas, one is excellent for toddlers and adults and the other side is recommended for adults since the waves are strong. Recommend for family and couples alike.

Room Tip: Beachfront villas next to the restaurant you will be close to the kids area.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank RomanticSoul
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had problems with the first room they gave us, but they quickly changed us to another one. The food at the restaurant was great, especially the breakfasts. The beach was very nice, all the surroundings were clean. The pool was also very nice and clean. In overall, I would stay there again, loved it.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank alvaraj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isabela
Royal Isabela
#1 of 7 in Rincon
Casa Verde Hotel
Casa Verde Hotel
#3 of 7 in Rincon

Been to Parador Villas del Mar Hau? Share your experiences!