“GO HERE!”

The Breakfast Club at Ola Lola's
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Hospitality veterans Christine and Courtney Parks have relocated from Washington, DC to offer locals and visitors all day brunch at Ola Lola's Garden Bar. From 7am to 2pm Friday through Tuesday enjoy simple, elegant breakfast and lunch with delicious coffee, mimosas and Puerto Rico's best Bloody Mary.
New York City, New York
“GO HERE!”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The Breakfast Club at Ola Lola's is not only the best place to eat breakfast/lunch near Isabela/Jobos/Shacks Beach, but it is one of the greatest dining experiences you will ever have! I know, I know...you've been to 5 star restaurants in the most metropolitan areas, however, there is much to be said about the right people/place/food that the Breakfast Club just nails. To begin with, the atmosphere is near perfect: a brightly colored, outdoor breezeway located amid palm trees with the sound of the ocean in the distance. The menu is perfectly apt, containing several perfectly executed items. I recommend at least one of your party orders from the Specials Menu while another gets the Q5, a perfect start to your day or end to your previous night complete with two eggs 'your way' either ham or homemade sausage, the best cheddar topped grits this side of Nashville and a slice of watermelon. You think that this is standard fare, until your eggs arrive perfectly scrambled or sunny side up (accompany the later with a side of grilled bread & jam). Did I mention that this meal is being prepared for you by a former Eggscellent Chef Ambassador from the American Egg Board? For the lowest price you have paid for breakfast since Denny's discontinued it's "Free Birthday Breakfast" reward? Yeah. You nor I make eggs this well. Ever. You will most certainly want to wash your meal down with the house made Ginger Iced Tea. While I may gush over the food and atmosphere, what ultimately make the Breakfast Club the place to eat in the area is Christine. I can honestly say that I have yet to meet a more outgoing, hospitable hostess than she. It will not be difficult to strike up a conversation with Christine as she introduces herself to her patrons and inquires as to their experience at her establishment as well as offers VERY useful insight into the local attractions. She can tell you the best place for souvenirs in Rincon along with the (second) best place to eat in town;) I cannot stress enough that you must visit the Breakfast Club at Ola Lola's when you are in Isabela or, for that matter, in Puerto Rico! Buen Provencho!

• Visited May 2014
thebreakfastclubpr, Owner at The Breakfast Club at Ola Lola's, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Wow. We are humbled by your kind words. Thank you so much for your business and for your review. As a small family owned and operated business, we work extremely hard to make people happy. It's great to know that our hard work is making a difference in our community and in the daily experiences of our guests.

Boston
“Amazing breakfast!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is the best breakfast place we ate. We went twice in 4 days! They have a quinoa oatmeal that's made with coconut milk, cinnamon, vanilla and seasonal fruit (which was mango and papaya) and it was excellent! I also tried some of the waffle my boyfriend had and that was great. Highly recommend!

Visited May 2014
Thanks so much for your kind words. It means a lot to us that a seasoned traveler such as yourself appreciates what we do. We look forward to serving you when you make it back to our neighborhood.

Courtney and Christine Parks
Chicago, Illinois
“Best Birthday Brunch”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent food, great people, good times. Get the grape-lemonade and Nutella French Toast! Eggs made perfect!

This rustic unassuming location provides dinners with breakfast and lunch specials that I am yet to discover anywhere else on the island. During my many trips to the Isle of Enchantment I try to make every attempt to make the 1.5 hr trip from San Juan to see Christine and Courtney.

This trip was no exception. Celebrated my birthday with their Sweet Corn Cake with Blueberry Compote! *two thumbs up*

Get out of the city and come check this slice of heaven out that right next to Shacks Beach and 3 mins drive from Jobos Beach. You will not regret it. Tell Christine that "Philip Sent You!"

Aibonito, Puerto Rico
“My kind of place!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a place where you can Relax, with healthy breakfast alternatives, in a beachy-rustic very laid-back atmosphere and most important delicious food this is the place for you! Great service too!

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Awesome place to have brunch”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

The food was delicious and the ambiance was very relaxing! I had scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, bread and a Bloody Mary. My husband had a passion fruit mimosa, and a wrap with scrambled eggs and steak. Meanwhile, we were listening to ABBA enjoying the breeze in a little garden spot. It couldn't be better.