“Robbery without a gun !!!!”

Costa Dorada Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Isabela
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Please you are way better off sleeping on the street in a hurricane!!!! don't be fooled by the pics the towels had holes and I asked for more and they would not give me more then the room wow where do I start whole room broken from door to windows no ice machines that work . Dirty ,stinky no bed sheet did not even dare lay in bed NYC transit bathrooms are 100 times cleaner then I checked out early I had 6 days paid which they would not refund so I searched and went to Courtyard Marriott in Aguadilla that's when the real vacation started a real great hotel with the best staff which cater to your every need a must stay at hotel

Room Tip: no good rooms at this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sergio B

Reviewed 17 May 2014

The place is dirty and unkempt. If you can go somewhere else, go!!!!!!
The rooms are dirty, the pool is disgusting and you can't get into the beach that is behind the place. Don't waste your time and money in this place.
This place should be closed! !

• Stayed: May 2014
6  Thank amyilptc
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

As titled, 1st impression are usually good but looking at the location closer one formulates a totally different opinion. The place needs attention to make it the place you want it to be. We had two rooms and the issue was the same for both rooms. The word is "Maintenance". Light switches that didn't work, no security locks on doors, glass sliding doors that won't open and when they do open you need two people to close them. The sliding glass doors don't lock another security issue. The appliances are old, rusty and archaic. Bathroom fixtures that stay in your hand when you turn them on. I can go on but I return to the word "Maintenance". Spend some money; do the repairs and people will return but my word to anybody who can listen - Let them earn better reviews.
The location is beautiful - the pool is big and accommodating. The jacuzzi didn't work - we notified them and I'll give them an "A" for effort but they couldn't get it to work. Again maintenence.
1st impressions are great but you need more than that to keep the customers coming back. I need to read future reviews that tell me the place has been renovated and super nice before I would return.

Very dissatisfied as I had three guests from the mainland and this disappointed me that this was the impression they went home with.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Jorge A
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I went with my handicaped mother for a few days for vacations.

These things are WHAT I ASKED , AND these things they OFFERED ME, and none of them were available:
- Don't have any Equiped Room for disabled .
- Don't have any WIFI
- Not a phone in the room, (to communicate with emergency counter, There were removed.)
- The Parking for disabled where very far from the hotel entrance.
- Parking was without any night lighting.
- There was no available exhaust fan in the bathroom.
- There was no signal for any cell phone company. I was incommunicated . To communicate with my family on cell had to leave the hotel area .
- There was no facility for you to storage the luggage in the room.
- I had to bath my mother seated over the toilet as the room did not have any the accorded disabled equipment .
- I didnt saw security equipment neither personal at the hotel day or night.
- When I arrived at the hotel I explained the situation of my mother , and they indicated that there was a room for disabled (uncleaned and abandoned long time ago) . Obviously i did not accept that.
- I had to stay at this place because i don't have other arrangements or money.
- I think I deserve better treatment as a customer and i advice to others that never come to this place and for me this was not a vacation , it was a terrible nightmare.

Room Tip: None from this hotel, go to any other. You could not get worst!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank cobi2a
Reviewed 17 February 2014

First room smelled of mold and dust. Had an allergic reaction within minutes. Tv was not in good condition. Carpet dusty and old. Even had a lizard inside the room.
The next room they changed me to was in the villas. Found two dead cockroaches one below the bed. Stain on the pillow case. Hairs in the bathroom. I could barely sleep and couldn't get a refund. I only stayed one night and it was enough to know I won't do it again! If ure allergic like me to dust mites and are looking for a clean place this is not it!

• Stayed: February 2014
6  Thank Morphiana
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed here for one night. It was a last minute trip & booked this place at the airport when we landed. It was cheap so we booked it. It is a "motel", but our room was clean. You can't use your GPS to get there. We had to call to get directions, but the security guard was able to guide us there. He was very friendly. We arrived early, about 9am. the lady at the front desk seemed annoyed with us for being there so early. We were not able to check into our room until 3pm (unlike a major chain). We were able to use the bathroom in the lobby area to freshen up. The front desk lady did lighten up some & was eventually helpful in guiding us around. Our room was on the first floor so we had a nice little patio to sit on in the evening & could hear the waves from the beach. There is beach access from there but you can't swim there. the water is too rough but it is a nice & clean beach. There really isn't much around so you do need a car. The immediate area is not safe at night, so we didn't venture far without our car. If you have a car & need a cheap place to stay, then this will do. Bring bug spray! Mosquitos are BAD!! Doubt I will be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank FlyGirl129
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Please dont go in this hotel or buy any groupons. I had a couples vacations and as soon as i opened the door I realized that I rather rented a motel. Room was in bad conditions; the so called kitchen was in terrible conditions that I didnt dare to cook. Cockroaches at the entrence and in the bed. Villas were empty and yet they gave us a terrible room with no view and with no air conditioning remote control. There was no way of adjusting the temperature.
My intensions are that the owners of this hotel stay one night on my room and then comment. I am local and I hope tourist dont receive the same treatment, hopefully a better on

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Madeline G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isabela
Parador Villas del Mar Hau
#1 of 3 in Aguadilla
Parador El Faro
Parador El Faro
#2 of 3 in Aguadilla

Been to Costa Dorada Beach Resort? Share your experiences!