“Don't Waste Your Money”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Isabela
Ocean Front Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Isabela
Reviewed 19 August 2010

I found the Ocean Front Hotel and Restaurant online and read the reviews and thought it sounded like a decent place to stay at for a short vacation. First of all, the place is a dump. It is next to a some spooky house that looks like it burned down years ago, but was never taken down. The beach is not for swimming. It is only a surfers beach, so I had to travel to the other side to go swimming. The rooms are not clean. It was apparent they never changed the sheets. I found human hair on the sheets, piillows and on the floor. The rooms were damp and smelly. The restaurant worker told me that there were no ice machines in the hotel and that I could walk down the road to the store to get some ice, but there were no ice buckets in the room. The bar which is next to the hotel is not owned by the hotel, but it is local and the customers are very local. Not a safe place for a group of girls to hang out. My overall experience was terrible. I did not feel safe at this hotel and the overall location of the hotel was not easy to locate. Trust me, don't waste your money, the place is a dump.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Ocean Front Hotel & Restaurant

Reviewed 19 February 2010

I am very dissapointed with Ocean Front staff. I made a reservation for Valentine's Day weekend since I wanted to spend a few relaxing days with my wife. We live in San Juan and traveled about two and a half hours to Isabela. Approximately 10 mins from the hotel (5:30 pm), a lady called and informed us that the room was no longer available since someone at the reservation desk made a mistake and there were no other vacancies. We made the reservation a week in advance. This was an awful experience and confirmed the lack of professionality from hotel staff. I will also give them 0% in customer service skills since there were no attempts or interest to help us. At least, they could have called a day before, offered us another night at a lower rate or even recommend a nearby establishment. There was no interest whatsoever in rectifying this situation. I would not recommend this "hotel" to anyone since this attitude is not acceptable.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2009

This was an unplanned stop due to the rain in the east side of the island where we were staying. There were plenty of rooms available and the desk clerk offered to show us rooms right away. They were both spartan and she let us know that there would be music that night and which room would be the quiet one.
The room we chose had a great view of the public beach area and the surfers, although a bit further away than other accommodations. It had been freshly painted and looked clean. The bed was really hard and the tv was way too far up at the ceiling so it was hard to watch unless you were lying down. We don't have a TV at home so it was no big deal to us, but it might be to some.
The decks off of the room were great and had a beautiful view. The popular public beach area was a short walk and there were plenty of places along the walk to stop in for a drink.
We did not eat in the main restaurant, but ordered food from the bar area outside. Best meal we had in Puerto Rico- outside of San Juan. Live music - playing 80s rock started about 10:30 or so. Sounded lively, but we were so tired we never made it downstairs.
I thought $100 was a bit pricy for this room, but it seemed par for the course.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank soleilmama
Reviewed 2 May 2009

Loved the Ocean front, really nice place for ok price........ Jobos beach is a beautiful place to stay,
I hope they got a ATM now, i allmost got stuck there b´cause i did´nt have any cash on me when i got there........... that was i 2004,so i guess things changed.
p3i, sweden

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled with friends
1  Thank p3i
Reviewed 3 June 2008

My wife and I stayed here Mar 8 and 9 as an accident. We had booked eight nights in Rincon and were unhappy with the beaches and too many Americans. After exploring around the North coast we found the Ocean Front Hotel. We couldn't believe the view, the clean rooms, the friendly employees and the rates. We cancelled the last two days of Rincon and stayed at Ocean Front Hotel. That was the best decision we made and now we just booked another full week there in Sept., to be around friendly locals again and enjoy the beaches there and the food at the hotel. By the way, I am American and I feel comfortable because everyone there speaks English when they hear me talk. If you want to hear more you can E mail me at firemedic064@bellsouth.net. Greg and Frances Cusick.

3  Thank firemedic064
Reviewed 6 November 2007

I just returned from a stay at this hotel, and it's location, view, and helpful staff will definately make me return. The rooms are a very nice size, but very basic, and immaculately clean. I had a corner room with an ocean view on one side, and looking down the beach on the other for 75.00 per night. During the week, it is very quiet with no restaurants open, however on the weekends they have music, and food inside and outside. The food at the restaurant was WAY above excellent and presented beautifully. I wound up eating there every night. There are a couple of beach bars within walking distance that also have food. The hotel is about a 10 minute drive from the Aguadilla airport, and if you're on a budget but want an ocean view----it's the place to go. Bring an inexpensive coffeemaker and you're all set.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank BroncoBill
Reviewed 9 August 2007

I can't believe that anyone had a bad experience in the Ocean Front. It is a lovely place with a good restaurant, a great outdoor bar, comfortable rooms, friendly owners and staff. I have stayed there 4 or 5 times over the last several years, and always enjoyed the stay. I no longer stay there, because we loved the area so much that we bought a nearby apartment, but I still make the Ocean Front my first stop on arrival for a drink and to see the people at the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Isabela
Parador Villas del Mar Hau
#1 of 7 in Rincon
Parador El Faro
Parador El Faro
#2 of 3 in Aguadilla

Been to Ocean Front Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!