“Would not recommend or return”

Hacienda El Jibarito
Baltimore, Maryland
“Would not recommend or return”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The photos look great and the promises sound good, but the follow-through is awful. Hot tub was freezing, indoor pool so cold you couldn't stand in the water let alone swim. Steps were rickety in dire need of repair, everyone in our wedding group (about 20 people) wound up covered in "no-see-um" bites, no screens for windows or patio doors, shower was barely "not cold" never got warm, let alone hot, horses were poorly attended to and started bucking while being ridden, not enough towels and we were told they couldn't give any extras because they were "in the dryer". Need I continue? It's really too bad, you can tell this was once a beautiful place. If the owners put any effort into maintenance and building their business, it could be a wonderful place to stay and would invite return visits. As is, find a place to stay where your carribean vacation will be all that you hope for.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend any of the rooms. I stayed in a suite, really just a poorly lit room with t...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank BertieC01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Once I arrived I was amazed on how beautiful and well kept it was. They have an amazing indoor pool. The outside pool was clean and well kept. The grounds are beautiful and the good, the food is just exquisite. The rooms are very clean. The don't have a mini fridge. I will really recommend this Hacienda!!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Puerto Rico
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This is something different, not the city life. The place its great but recommended for people who are trying to rest or just hace a little of peace. You can smeel the home made coffee and enjoy the waterfalls that you can go walking.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I was in the hotel and I was surprised with the beauty of the place.after I made the check-in with Waldemar who is a great person and I think the only good and proper one. I was amazed with the peace of the mountains. I saw many things that I didn't like I saw a tall man near the inside pool speaking so loud that bothers!! The restaurant was always closed!!! They have two birds in the area of casa cafe so antigenic!! I don't recommend the place at all!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank leilarosa_90

Travellers are raving about these San Sebastian hotels

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We reserved the villa for 2 nights, which making reservation were quite difficult because they lady could barely speak english. Upon arrival the place look beautiful from lobby area. When we check in my husband notice that they had all my info incorrect. Once received location villa, upon entering the villa which was in the evening, it was HOT inside, light bulbs burnt out. The couch in front living room had rips in middle of it and was all sunken in on sitting flat on floor. Not legs on couch. There was only one ac in one room. Was never told or stated in website that only one room has ac. Due to our son who has bad allergies and condition of room we returned back to lobby to ask for another villa, room etc but they claim they had no more rooms available. We then asked for a refund and they refunded only the second night but refused to refund the first nigh of $248. My husband asked for manager and they stated come back tomorrow to speak to manager. When we returned next day the lady said manager does not work weekends and to come back Monday. We had other days reserves at Ramey Base. Monday morning husband called and spoke to manager and she stated that they will not refund us because it was not 3 days before reservation. Over priced and bad customer service.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank SgtAlers
Puerto Rico
Reviewed 13 June 2013

A group of friends stayed here for four days. The place is great with a clean main building and pool area. The breakfast and the cafe employees are great. I stayed at a villa duplex that was okay not great. We killed two roaches one night. If you go try to stay at the rooms of the main building. The guy(male) at the front desk needs more training and skills with unforseen situations.
The restaurant at the hotel is expensive, we drive at route 111 towards the San Sebastian town to Manhattan cafe for dinner one night and to Conuco de Cuca for lunch twice, they are great , inexpensive and with a superb food offering.

Room Tip: stay at the main building.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank carlos m. r
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 24 April 2013

My family stayed in one of the hotel suites with a porch. The room and hotel were charming. The location is beautiful. The breakfast was plentiful. There is a restaurant on site that prepares great food. There are outdoor activities, great for families. We really enjoyed ourselves and would stay again.

Room Tip: We really liked our porch, so we recommend booking a suite.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 2 in Quebradillas
Combate Beach Resort
Combate Beach Resort
#1 of 9 in Cabo Rojo

Been to Hacienda El Jibarito? Share your experiences!