Hacienda El Jibarito
Hotel Cielo Mar(Aguadilla)
  • Beachfront
Parador El Faro(Aguadilla)
View Hotel
All reviewsoutdoor poolpuerto ricoair conditioningsebastianforest
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 February 2014

For the price of 200 dollars and with a room status "suite features a whirpool tub" you would not excpect to get a very dark and humid room, where the paint is falling of the walls and ceiling. I guess that the tiny tub could have made some bubbles if I would have had courage to try it. We ended up not even staying in the hotel and didn't get any refund for the 100 dollars we had paid in advance.

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank Verkka
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The photos look great and the promises sound good, but the follow-through is awful. Hot tub was freezing, indoor pool so cold you couldn't stand in the water let alone swim. Steps were rickety in dire need of repair, everyone in our wedding group (about 20 people) wound up covered in "no-see-um" bites, no screens for windows or patio doors, shower was barely "not cold" never got warm, let alone hot, horses were poorly attended to and started bucking while being ridden, not enough towels and we were told they couldn't give any extras because they were "in the dryer". Need I continue? It's really too bad, you can tell this was once a beautiful place. If the owners put any effort into maintenance and building their business, it could be a wonderful place to stay and would invite return visits. As is, find a place to stay where your carribean vacation will be all that you hope for.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend any of the rooms. I stayed in a suite, really just a poorly lit room with two beds. The "jacuzi" was unusable becasue the water was too cold. A friend stayed in a standard room; it was so small and dark they couldn't stand being in the room. A few friends stayed in the Villas, really just cabins without screens for the windows. All rooms smelled damp and musty.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank BertieC01
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Once I arrived I was amazed on how beautiful and well kept it was. They have an amazing indoor pool. The outside pool was clean and well kept. The grounds are beautiful and the good, the food is just exquisite. The rooms are very clean. The don't have a mini fridge. I will really recommend this Hacienda!!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This is something different, not the city life. The place its great but recommended for people who are trying to rest or just hace a little of peace. You can smeel the home made coffee and enjoy the waterfalls that you can go walking.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I was in the hotel and I was surprised with the beauty of the place.after I made the check-in with Waldemar who is a great person and I think the only good and proper one. I was amazed with the peace of the mountains. I saw many things that I didn't like I saw a tall man near the inside pool speaking so loud that bothers!! The restaurant was always closed!!! They have two birds in the area of casa cafe so antigenic!! I don't recommend the place at all!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple