“Charity Cycling Challenge”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Cienfuegos
Newmarket, United Kingdom
“Charity Cycling Challenge”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed here on day 3 of a charity cycling challenge around Cuba, our room was small and pokey and very tired which was over the other side of the complex with lots of stairs to get to with two heavy bags! food average, bar slow one person on the bar! pool looked ok didnt get a chance to use it as only there one night, cant say I would choose it for a holiday one night was enough for me.....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Snare1974

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kristiansand, Vest-Agder, Norway
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The People I met the few minutes I was in the reception area scared me. Drunken guys with girls and children around them, even the receptionist looked scared. Could have been one of those days, but if this is the clientell they usually have I wouldn't be able to sleep.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
11 Thank Janet V

Travellers are raving about these Cienfuegos hotels

Leeds
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed here for one night on part of charity bike ride across Cuba. It wouldn't be my choice for a family holiday but it was nice. The pool was empty when we were there so it didn't look to attractive but the food was ok! The beach is beautiful, no dispute there. The rooms are very basic and old but did the job for the night!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank pauladoody
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Went with my wife for the fourth time, this time for 2 weeks and really had fun. I have read a lot of negative stuff about this hotel, but some people are really ignorant. They don't realize that this is Cuba(no spices in the food), its a 2.5 star hotel(complaining about service,no hot water,beds,pool dirty, watered down drinks and so on) then go and stay in a 5 star hotel, or better just go to Florida and stay at the Sheraton. For those who also complain about prostitution at the hotel, they will be happy to know that now to bring a local girl, she has to be 25 yrs and above. I wonder if these whiners know that prostitution is in your hometown and the strippers are with your dads and grandads too!!! Rancho Luna has started a shuttle bus going to downtown at 9am and back at 12pm and also at 2pm and brings you back at 5pm, for FREE.Also new I found out that passports are required to enter all discos. The staff is extremely friendly,except the front desk(don't know why). Alex(games man) bar staff, maids(very honest) and especially Veronica(PR manager) are doing a fantastic job to make your stay a good one. Will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Ron R
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I suggest to bring your spouse down if your married,I made new friends,most couples.If you keep to that and the men who want to meet Chicas every night you will be okay.I went into downtown one day on the free bus they offer,I had to leave right of way,I took a cab back with a guy named Ricardo,it was the best time i have spent.We stopped for a beer,and he was happy,we stopped at the fruit market so he could get some banana,after he got what he wanted the lady brought me 2 bananas I tried to give her 10 dollars and she said no, Me and Ricardo continued on our way,I pulled out another 10 and asked him to show me the value of hi money,he showed me 50,I gave the 10 and he kissed me(not gay).but with appreciation.I took the 50 and went to my empire learning it was only worth 2 dollars........Did I learn anything? Yes it's better to give than receive.I knew that 50 was worth nothing,but that 10 meant alot to him.
The cleaners also meant alot,don't be afraid to tip them,not your room but the ladies doing the lobby.You may hear bad stuff,but I WILL GO THERE AGAIN,AND I AM GOING TO BRING MY WIFE.
Too all the people who read this,thank you

Room Tip: If you get a ground floor,you get a fridge and patio
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank Stephen H
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 3 April 2014

There were bugs everywhere. Our room was disgusting and full of mosquitos. I came with a group of people, and thank god the drinks were free because we had to be drunk to go back into those rooms. They charge extra for use of the safe (??). The pool is gross b/c it has no filters so you can see floating spit, etc. This hotel would be acceptable for $20-30 per night. Not more than that. The food is disgusting and almost certainly recycled day after day. Would not return.

Room Tip: Go for ground floor because they're not going to help you carry your luggage up the stairs.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Cubavisitor4532
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I have been to Cuba 11 times. This is the first time I have spent my vacation very close to nature. Swallows woke me up and bullfrogs helpes me fall asleep. It's a nicely spread out hotel, the buildings aren't more than two storeys. The staff are very friendly and accomodate all kinds of needs. They served the best cappucino I have drunk in Cuba at the 24-hour bar. The hotel is wheelchair accesible and I would recommend it for the older or very stressed-out traveller, as it's very quiet and peaceful. There was a large variety of food, I was surprised by the amount of meat served in many different ways. The proximity of Cienfuegos and Trinidad means you can't get bored. You can rent a car or take the bus provided by the hotel. It's a paradise for scuba divers, the coral reef is very close and the school is excellent. I liked the instructor very much, he was very professional. There are also horses for those who like to ride, and I saw an Arab -like horse (very rare in Cuba). The horses were well-fed and taken care of. There are also tennis courts, well used. Overall all you need is sunshine, it's rating should be more than three stars.

Room Tip: Better quality rooms with ocean view left-side of the pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Anna N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cienfuegos
Jagua Hotel
#7 of 11 in Trinidad
Brisas Trinidad del Mar
Brisas Trinidad del Mar
#8 of 11 in Trinidad

Been to Hotel Rancho Luna? Share your experiences!