Hvide Falk
IceCap Hostel(Ilulissat)
US$147
Hotel Diskobay(Qasigiannguit)
B&B Geisler(Ilulissat)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscentral locationcentre of townarctic hotelmidnight sunother hotelsbalconyicefjordratesicebergsviews
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Beeing in the middle of the small town makes this a better option then the Artic to explore the bay , especially if you want to walk the fantastic shorelines with great views. Rooms are cosy, a bit old fashioned but nice, but only the fourth floor gives you access to your own small terrace with great views to both sides. Restaurant has friendly staff and the a la carte menu is good, the Greenlandic buffet on mondays looked like a polar bear had been eaten from it, I would not recommand it but on this day there is just no otheer choise. So go early and be the polar bear before others ruin the looks of the food!

Room Tip: Only the fourth floor is recommanded!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Stayed two nights in April 2010 during a two week trip to Greenland. The hotel is nothing special but perfectly adequate. Best described as 'tourist class' by international standards. It is located near the water and my room had a fabulous view of the harbor, which was still partly iced over in April. I enjoyed sitting in the chair watching the boats come and go. The location is as good as any, as Ilullissat is a small town and nowhere is far from anywhere. I didn't have dinner in the restaurant but breakfast was decent with a good variety. Staff were pleasant although I didn't have much interaction beyond the usual checking in and out.

Room Tip: Water view is a must
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wayne K
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We stayed here for one night. Rooms were basic but clean. Two good chairs to sit in, but the TV did not work. .Staff were pleasant at the front desk and wifi was available for charge. Breakfast is included and is good. Close to the centre of town.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the water side otherwise you will be wasting your money. Top floor is even better for the views.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ljlp55
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stayed in the Hvide Falk for three nights a year ago. The hotel is quite basic (the rooms have not been renovated for a certain time and the tv-chanels were only Greenlandic). The restaurant ... The food was adequate, nothing more. The staff in the restaurant did not understand or speak Danish and we were served an eronious dish. That was not a big problem though. The bar in the basement is very old style, but it was nice and we had a long talk with a Greenlander (who was quite drunk) about the old times when he was a hunter. Quite interesting. About the staff: The lady at the front desk was Danish, so we had no problems communicating with her (she also spoke English). She (and all the other staff we met) was very nice. The hotel had a magnificent view of the bay and every morning there were some new icebergs floating around. All in all a nice experience. It was a bit difficult to sleep. This was due to the fact that it was light around the clock and the curtains were not very thick. And also the dogs. They are all sleeping outside and when one of them barked, all the others answered. Sleeping when 100 dogs bark is not easy. But the hotel is not to be blamed for this. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Stein L
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I noticed that people had very different opinions about Hvide Falk. As far as my family and myself are concerned, I can only say that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Hvide Falk. The hotel doesn't look like much from the outside, but it is cosy inside. When we asked the staff for assistance, they always helped us. The view over the bay with the ice was downright spectacular. The restaurant was very good. If I ever return to Ilulissat, I will gladly stay at Hvide Falk again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as close to the bay as possible.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family