“Average Experience, Nothing Stood Out”

Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Centennial
Jacksonville, Florida
“Average Experience, Nothing Stood Out”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I selected this hotel based on past reviews and its location. The lobby was clean and the staff friendly. My room was located on the first floor, across from the laundry and gym. There are convenient shortcuts from the outside doors to most rooms, you just have to find the quickest route.

The upside:
Laundry is free of charge (other than soap and dryer sheets)
Continental breakfast is well above average

The downside:
The hallways and rooms reminded me of college dorms / apartments.
The carpets had a funky smell to them
The interior of the lobby has been updated, but the hallways and rooms are still in need of updating.

I had to extend my stay in the area by a week and chose to transfer to another hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank trixdesigns
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Dear trixdesigns,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. It is good to know that you found the complimentary laundry service that we offer to be good for your needs and you found the breakfast served to be adequate. I regret that the ambiance of our hallways and rooms did not completely meet your expectations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We were on our way from Omaha to Taos and decided to stay at this Staybridge. It was a bit tricky to find. Check-in went smoothly and we received an upgrade to a king suite as part of the Priority Club. Room rate was about 15% less than other hotels in the area.
Rooms were spacious, shower was OK. This was one of the larger Staybridges we have stayed at - it had two wings and the main building, all three stories. We thought the hotel is in the need of an update - it was a chore to open the windows.
The included breakfast selections were good and the service staff attentive to guest needs. I saw them personally help a guest who could not figure out the waffle machine.
There are a few good restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Request a room in the main building if you want to be near the dining area.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Heater44, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you for your wonderful response-
We are a little gem off the path of regular for guests who are traveling from one place to another.
We are very happy that you didn't overlook us as well as provide us with a wonderful review.

Our staff wants everyone to feel at home- and acknowledges anyone who may need assistance by way of breakfast or dinner.

We hope to see you back when you visit- (Doesn't the Staybridge have the best views!)

Best
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Large comfortable "rooms" (or suites) with quality and well thought-out amenities. Very decent breakfast. Nice happy hour. Friendly staff. Incredible value for a business hotel.
The only drawbacks is the fridge noise but it's easy to turn off at night.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Heater44, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Thank you for you review of the Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center.
Our suites are large enough to give you the space you need - so you aren't limited to just a bed, a desk, and a bathroom.

Our breakfast satisfies our guests to take them on through the day to the next big meal, without any additional cost to the consumer.

Please let us know the next time you will be visiting the hotel- we will make sure we test the Fridge for you..

Thank you for the wonderful review!
-Staybridge Suites Director of Sales
Kendallville, Indiana
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We stayed here for a week trip to get out of Indiana and check out the Denver area. Check in was fast and we had no problem getting our room at 9:00 A.M. The rooms are nice and had a microwave, dishwasher, and a full refrigerator and freezer. We always had hot water for showers and the room was cleaned up well every day. The best part about this place is the friendly guys they have doing their breakfast and happy hour at night. They always had a smile on their face and were willing to help you out in any way possible. I didn't get the breakfast guys name but Gerald at night was awesome to talk with. He was originally from New Orleans and I was heading there next so he gave me some pointers on things to do down there. They server dinner on Tuesday-Thursday and they also have some wine and beer available during those hours as well. The best meal we had was on Thursday night they let Gerald make some Red Beans and Rice that was homeade and it was awesome. They should get this guy a stove in the hotel and let him cook everything for dinner. I can see him not being there next time if we went back as he should be a chef somewhere.

I guess the one downside to this place is that their pool is outside which doesn't make much sense being in Denver but I'm sure in the summer it is a nice place to hang out. They also have a grill available if you want to do your own cooking.

I would definitely stay here again and reccomend it to people in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Heater44, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Thank you for your review of our wonderful hotel.
Gerald is a rock star, and we really enjoy having him here. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit with him, and he made you feel more at home.
His cooking is simply amazing, and he offers a very good natured demeanor.

When you return please let us know- We are opening our outdoor pool over Memorial Day weekend, and would love for you to enjoy it while its available all summer.

Best wishes and We look forward to seeing you again!
-Derek B.
Kearney, Nebraska
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We stayed here at the tail end of a three day trip to Denver. After staying two nights in downtown Denver, this was a nice location to get a peaceful nights sleep. The only negative I would be able to find about this place is that it is so far away from most of what is happening in Denver but that can also be totally fine as was our case. The rooms are great and the full kitchen is nice to have. The bed was comfortable enough and there were not many extra noises finding their way into the room. I would also compliment their complimentary breakfast which was high quality and had plenty of choices. I think the value of this hotel is a great value and I would definitely spend another stay here if I needed a hotel on the outskirts of Denver.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Heater44, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 21 April 2013
Thank you for your positive influence on our Trip Advisor Reviews.

The Denver Tech Center is a perfect place for the business traveler - we fit the Monday through Friday crowd pretty well- due to location to busy offices, and company headquarters.

Our location not only serves that type of traveler, but also the traveler like yourself, who needs a little bit of peace and quiet, a nice place to snooze, or unwind after hitting the city for a couple of days.

It is worthwhile to find a quiet place to catch up with yourself on a busy vacation, or weekend away. We appreciate your feedback on everything wonderful- from the room, the breakfast, and that we could share this peace and quiet with you after a busy couple of days.

Visit us in the summer- and you will find that tranquility near our pool that you found on your last stay!

Happy Travels!
Pinellas Park, Florida
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I arrived for a business training session during the 2nd week in April 2013. I stayed from the 8th through the 14th. Typically for business I stay at either Hilton or Marriott properties however given the proximity of my training session (it was in this hotel) and the fact that there was a “blizzard” scheduled for the 2nd day of my trip, it was a no-brainer.

The lobby receptionist seemed pleasant enough when she was checking me in, but I found out later the pleasantries were lost in the inadequacies of the check in. Although I was given a map of the complex and explained where my room was, which seemed easy enough, I later turned out to be on a slightly wild goose chase looking for my room and to make matters worse after schlepping all of my luggage up to the room discovered that my keys were working only to find when returning to lobby that I wasn’t actually checked in. Fortunately there was a gentleman there who quickly handled the situation reprogram my keys and I was able to make my way up to my room. Upon entering the room I was quickly taken aback as it seemed a bit like a college dorm with the kitchen immediately to the right living space deadhead and then a couple of French doors separating the bedroom and bath. It had been a while since I’ve actually stayed in a suite.

It was nicely technologically furnished with 2 large flat HDTV’s one of the living space and one in the bedroom space. There was a DVD player in the living space and this establishment offers free DVDs 1st come 1st serve. At the time of my stay they were still on Comcast cable, but they are changing to DirecTV. There is a decent wired Internet connection at the desk and wireless connection throughout. For my stay the wireless was 802 11 a, b, g, and n, your mileage may vary as I understand they were working on it while I was there.

There is a microwave oven, a full-sized fridge with freezer and an icemaker, a dishwasher and a 2 burner stove in the kitchen. There looked to be a service of 4, silverware, plates and the like. I was able to purchase a case of water and some ice cream for the week which was quite nice. And speaking of nice, this place offers FREE laundry machines. Bring your own soap but otherwise the machines are free. This is incredibly nice especially when you’re staying for a week like I did. You can return with clean laundry thus saving on spouse Agro.

But wait, there’s more! Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday nights they offer a happy hour dinner in addition to the free breakfasts they have every day. During the happy hour dinner you can get free draft beer and wine. I chose Blue Moon but they offer Coors as well. I saw white and red wines being served. And it’s pretty much unlimited. The nights I was there they had chicken wings one night, pulled pork/chicken and something else on the 3rd night. The staff for this event was super friendly and accommodating. Breakfasts served at this place are typical of most establishments I stay in with one exception. They offer a changeup on the main entrée every day so you’re not stuck with the same bland scrambled eggs. I saw omelettes and then scrambled eggs. I saw bacon and then sausage patties. There was also mixed fruit, waffles fresh made, oatmeal, dried cereal, assorted breads and muffins and even cold cuts and cheese, a little something for everyone.
Okay so now out with the bad and it’s not really bad-bad, but it is annoying. The housecleaning service at this place has a disconnect between themselves and the management. Two days in a row I asked not to be serviced and my room was still serviced. Typically this might not bother someone however the tree hugger in me was bothered by the fact that I had all fresh towels and new soaps, shampoos conditioners and body lotions after barely tapping into what I had. When I alerted the management/front desk clerk they really seemed quite unconcerned. I later learned that there were magnets I was supposed to place on my door in order to avoid being serviced. These magnets are also used for sleeping in late. I wasn’t informed that on check-in. Worked to the wise, the magnets only stick on one spot on the door which is the key swiper. Not a very efficient system since the magnet will eventually destroy the key but hey they don’t seem to care.
Now back to some good. The lighting in the room is nice with several different styles of lights creating variations on the theme. The bed was comfortable as were the sheets and pillows. They even had a variety of pillows with a couple of thin and a couple of feather. For my stay the heater worked well. One of the days it was wind chill -15 and remained a comfy 67° in my room. As for the darkness factor I typically report on them happy to say that for the most part this room was quite dark. Small exceptions include the telephone out in the living space which for some reason, the line 1 and 2 lights kept turning themselves on. The other bright light was caused by the alarm clock and that was easily remedied with a hand towel. The windows have darkeners and sheers.
During one of the happy hours on the cold day they had a nice fire burning in the fireplace in the lobby area, also a nice touch. This place also has a very small gym and a pool for summer months. I found the pricing to be quite reasonable coming in around $100 a night for the 7 nights I stayed even with taxes included. The proximity of this establishment to retail and restaurants as well as the light rail make it a perfect stay for most.
Overall and happy to say I will definitely be coming back in a couple of months to the Denver area and I will make this my “residence” when I do.

Room Tip: Don't stay near the elevator as the bell is quite loud.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Heater44, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Thank you for your response on our hotel. We appreciate the feedback on things we can keep on providing, and also feedback on things we can provide better assistance with.

It makes our day that #1- you will be coming back. Please give us the heads up. We will make sure your accommodations are just as good if not better than previous.

#2 - We will keep an eye on what we can do to provide better housekeeping services. It starts with the front desk, and that magnet.

#3 - Thank you for mentioning our service recovery. There are little things that can add up to serious inconveniences- and knowing that we jumped right on top of everything to make it happen makes us smile.

It was nice to have personally met and connected with you- and we appreciate your amazing feedback. I hope to see you again in your Colorado travels.

Best
Colorado
Reviewed 10 April 2013

The rooms are spacious and the beds were comfortable. The breakfasts were good and while the dinners weren't gourmet, nice to have that options as well as the beer and wine! It was close to where I needed to be for work as well. I liked the Purple Ginger restaurant nearby also. Would definitely stay again. My only complaint is that the wake up calls never came. I was using as a back up so not a big deal and I did point it out after first night and still didn't work.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review of the Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center.
We are extremely sorry about the Wake up call. We recently upgraded our systems, and there may have been a slight glitch. Due to this response we are now working with the wake up call system by providing test calls and such to ensure they work correctly.

Aren't our rooms great? It feels like more than a hotel- with just a room, bed, bath, and desk. It's like a small apartment just for you- our guests.
We love the social reception that we feature. We recently just added new menu items- and would love to have you back!

Thank you!
-Director of Sales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centennial
Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Tech Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Near the Tech Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Tech Center Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Denver Tech Ce...
#3 of 14 in Greenwood Village

Been to Staybridge Suites Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!