“Never again!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Centennial

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I have never been to Colorado before nor stayed at the Hawthorn Suites. And after my hotel stay, I won't return nor would I recommend. First off, I stayed in room 315; it looked fairly clean. But the main issue I had to endure was another guest(room 314), who I caught several times lurking outside my room (eavesdropping). I reported to management twice and then was finally relocated to another room. (342) The condition of the room did not look any better than the first, and it was also an a adjoining room to room 344 with a bolted door between. I was told by the front desk that they don't like to reserve those rooms, but they wanted to resolve the eavesdropping issue. What I became confused about was when I was told by the front desk, that they don't like to fill the adjoining rooms with guests, was why they continuously reserved the adjoining room next to mine (344) even when other rooms were available for occupancy. Another issue I endured when I transferred to room 342, was more drama with another guest(room 340). Consistent noise from this gentleman everyday for two weeks straight all day/night long. Stomping on the floor, banging against the wall, tapping against the headboard, shaking/vibrating the bed where I could feel the ricochet. One evening he decided to replace his raggedy do not disturb sign with mine by stealing it. I reported to mgmt, of course; no investigation. I was able to catch this person's license plate(AJZ9517) from ARIZONA. Even on New Years Eve, this man kept making noise from 5:00am-6:00am. Then again on new Years day, before I checked out, the whole entire morning from lasted from 8:00 until 11:00am when I exited the building. My entire stay next to this supposed *GENTLEMAN* was unbearable, I had to wear earplugs daily, and sleep on the floor just to escape enduring the consistent tapping against headboard and shaking/bouncing the bed disturbing my peace/sleep. I complained to Management; no resolution offered. I only stayed at the Hawthorn Suites for one month, half of it spent in each room evenly
The entire experience obviously was unpleasant and what I was confused about was why this *stranger* even bothered me at all. But It was how the office staff didn't respond nor resolve!
I would never even attempt to reserve another room here. STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel because a snow storm made the roads to slick to drive home. Walking into the hotel was a concern. The main entrance does not look like a typical hotel. The first room we were given looked decent at first. However, noticed that the fire alarm was broken, it was hanging on some wires. My wife noticed hair, yes hair, in the tub and all over the bathroom. The toilet was a mess, there was a ring inside it, and their was a shaver on the floor.

We complained and were given a better room. The room was cleaner, but still needed work.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Centennial hotels

Denver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

TO WHOMEVER MAKE DECISIONS:

This was my first time to stay at your hotel .
I pay in full for my room to Priceline.
When I arrive at the front desk I expected to get a key for the room.

But the person working there DEMEND a cred card.
Upon being told that it was pay in full to Priceline I was informed that your hotel "has to have" A CRED CARD ON FILE TOO.

When asked WHY?

The response was " for incidentals ".
Upon information provide that there was not going to be "incidentals".
I was informed that " it didn't mater ".This was the end of the conversation.
And I realized that she was not about to proceed any further FOR THE KEY.

BUT, in reality as a customer I was lie to when I was told that your hotel needs $ 25.00 DOLLARS FOR INCIDENTALS.
If there was not going to be any 'incidentals' why?

YES;WHY do I, still have the need for the $ 25,00 dollars for it?

OR what I say as your customer dose not really maters to your hotel?
OR there is a distrust of your company towards your customers?
OR your customers are all IGNORANT of what they will need and your hotel knows best? OR is that your company dose the thinking for your customers?

If you want to have repeat clientele I will recommend that you change such a policy. If someone needs something during their stay let it be resolved at that point in time and not "just in case" ahead of time.
Which is also an imposition to us as customers and it leaves a sour taste as the first thing we experience when arriving.

After this initial first impression my experience with your hotel it was very good.
Although the Internet never work.

But your people made my stay very pleasant. Everyone was very helpful,
very accommodating and apologetic for the Internet problems.

My RECOMENDATION to you:
Change such inconvenient policy - The $ 25.00 dollars one.
It's to much aggravation for a so little amount of money.
I wish success to your company.
Sincerely.

Rabbi Oswald Garagorry

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

stayed here on our way up to Frisco, CO for a family vacation. When we checked in, the atmosphere was very appealing and the warm fireplace felt good. Ruth at check-in was more than helpful from directing us to our room and suggesting multiple locations to try for dinner. The weight room - while cramped - is adequate to get in an early morning workout and while we did not take advantage of the pool - there were people using it and it looked very nice for an evening swim. the rooms are nice and clean and the beds are very comfortable. I will stay again at Wyndham hotels on future trips. oh, and my 20 year old daughter really liked 'all the different teas' they have available in the dining area.

Room Tip: ask for room near middle of hotel - 1 elevator and it is located in the center of the hotel.