“Great place to stay”

Econo Lodge Tech Center
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Centennial
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Made the pre-paid reservation online for Christmas night. Arrived later than planned. Check-in was a breeze, simply identified myself, signed the paper and took the keys. Price was very good. Facility just as expected, clean, everything worked, bed great. Hot breakfast better than most. Will definitely plan to stay again whenever in Denver. Wanted to use the pool, but arrived too late in evening and left too early.

Room Tip: Ask for pet-free room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve J

Reviewed 2 November 2013

The room was clean and quiet. The staff was pleasant, friendly, and helpful. The breakfast could have been better; the bacon was very greasy, and the combination of scrambled eggs and potatoes was unappetizing.

Room Tip: The room I had [105] was on the north side and was surprisingly quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Khurshid K, Owner at Econo Lodge Tech Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2015

Brittany, I'm so very happy you had a comfortable stay a few years back. Thanks for the feedback about our breakfast -- although it's been a while, I'll still pass it along to our kitchen. Hope you'll be back to see us again soon!

Take care,
Khurshid K., Owner

Reviewed 21 September 2013

This hotel is awful. The rooms are not nice, but that's what you expect for the price. My complaint is the customer service. The manager got our reservation wrong, charged us for the wrong night, and was incredibly rude to us when we tried to straighten things out.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2013

First room (labeled non-smoking) reeked of cigarette smoke. I immediately called the desk and they responded swiftly with another room on the same floor, even coming up to make sure we were happy with same and to give us keys. Second room was far from pristine however, very worn, with slight cigarette smell, enough to cause throat irritation after overnight exposure. Frig freezer unit was coated with thick ice, bed was hard and sloped toward the middle, and light bulbs were out. Upholstery on chair was threadbare on the arms. The only thing great about this hotel is its super-sized swimming pool at a temperature just right for a relaxing swim. Go here only if you value swimming or if everything else in the tech center area is full.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This hotel does not provide great customer service. I had used points that I had earned to stay at this hotel. The room was great, breakfast was okay, but one night when there was excessive noise in the room next to me, I had to call down to the front desk 3xs and when that didn't work, I went down to speak to the person working. He was purposely avoiding my calls (by not answering when I called) and then said there was nothing he could do about the noise and it was past 10 PM. I told him that if he wasn't willing to make it stop, I would call the police. Well...this put a fire under him and sure enough, the noise stopped. He initially stated that there was nothing that could be done about the noise and refused to call the police. He hadn't actually called the room to tell them to be quiet, so once he did that, the noise stopped.

Also, upon check in, I had asked the manager if it would be possible to match the price of the hotel next door (Days Inn) as I had just come from there. He said it was possible, but that he ideally wanted more money for the room. When I was due to check out, I asked about the price matching and the manager stated that he never told me that he would match Days Inn's price. So...I checked out! I'll never stay at this hotel again.

This hotel is a Choice Hotel where I am at Diamond status. This particular hotel does not appreciate that people are loyal to their brand and do not extend any amount of courtesy and respect. I shouldn't have needed to call the front desk more than once about the noise and I certainly shouldn't have needed to get out of bed and go down to the front desk. It's either laziness or lack of concern or perhaps both, which is why I needed to be persistent about the noise.

Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We had traveled for several hours & arrived with a reservation.
The had put us in a room on the 3rd floor, I believe that it was a smoking room at one point. The smell of old smoke was awful & to make it worse the room wasn't clean & the cable wasn't working.
I called the front desk to ask if we could get a different room & the lady spoke to me in another language. We took our things & went down to ask her in person. Her English was fine. 45 minutes later, her & another staff member rolling their eyes & speaking in the other language we finally had another room.
We will never stay here again.

Room Tip: I would go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Sdakotaval
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We arrived late and stayed for one night. The room was spacious and clean and the bed was comfortable. It was not too far from the interstate and easy to find. It was an affordable option as we made our way north to the airport the next morning.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Centennial
WoodSpring Suites Denver Centennial
Sleep Inn Denver Tech Center
Sleep Inn Denver Tech Center
#8 of 15 in Greenwood Village
Hampton Inn Denver Tech Center South
Days Inn Englewood Denver Tech Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Tech Center

Been to Econo Lodge Tech Center? Share your experiences!