We've been to Grand Wailea twice in two years. I love the gounds, so amazingly beautiful and serene, but the rooms are so outdated, and the beds are awful.
I love that there is a separate adults pool and it is strictly enforced. The other extreme pool area is a phenomenal place to swim with the kids. We always get a private cabana for guaranteed shade and a great view of the ocean. Also, the cabana comes with great service.
I love the food at Bistro Molokini, as lunch always tastes great and is of good quality. Alan Wong's is really a fun experience with great staff.
Snorkeling off the beach is just okay. The water is often murky. Better snorkeling is found in Kaanapali. But it's a great area to kayak.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is the ultimate destination for a fabulous Hawaii vacation, perfect for families, spa goers, honeymooners, golfers and active vacationers. Situated on 40 acres of lush, tropical Hawaiian gardens, Grand Wailea opens onto Maui's beautiful Wailea Beach, voted one of the best beaches in America, with elegant and newly-renovated accommodations, indulgent spa treatments, fine dining and thrilling recreational options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Wailea - a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Wailea
- Grand Wailea Maui
- Grand Wailea Resort Maui
- Grand Wailea Hawaii
- Grand Hotel Wailea
- Grand Resort Wailea
- Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort Maui