Stayed in a Napua Tower Suite in June 2014 for 5 nights, with 3 children between 9 and 13. This was our first visit to any of the islands.
Our concierge Linda was priceless. Starting 6 weeks before our stay, she anticipated our needs and made sure we didn’t have to sweat the details. She took care of everything under the sun: rental cars, dinner reservations, cabanas, towels, and I am sure things I am forgetting. When things went wrong, like when the Alii Nui canceled our snorkel trip, she took care of finding us something different. I can’t overstate how valuable Linda was in making our stay there memorable.
I also want to call out Daniel, the driver who picked us up from the airport. We had issues with our luggage arriving late, which was pretty stressful. He took it upon himself to deliver some much needed contact lens solution to our room, and then retrieved our luggage for us later that night when it arrived at the airport. Again, like Linda, he made a difficult situation much better.
The club level amenities in the Napua Tower are nice. The breakfast and happy hour were good ways to start and end the day. Again, the service was awesome. The breakfast wasn't out-of-this-world good, but enough for everyone in our group to find something they liked. We also appreciated the extras that Linda and the hotel sent to our suite.
The resort did not seem overly crowded. We choose the Grand over other Wailea hotels largely because of the water park. The kids loved going between it and the beach during the day. The beach in Wailea is perfect – the sand is flawless, there is not a rock or piece of driftwood anywhere. The waves are nice but not too big, great for kids.
Our only regret with this hotel was more about the Wailea area in general. This hotel, as well as the others we saw, feel a little too “engineered”, much like Las Vegas. They are set pretty far back from beach, with huge pools and big fountains between you and the beach. The fountains make a lot of noise that prevent you from hearing the ocean. We wanted a little more of a natural setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is the ultimate destination for a fabulous Hawaii vacation, perfect for families, spa goers, honeymooners, golfers and active vacationers. Situated on 40 acres of lush, tropical Hawaiian gardens, Grand Wailea opens onto Maui's beautiful Wailea Beach, voted one of the best beaches in America, with elegant and newly-renovated accommodations, indulgent spa treatments, fine dining and thrilling recreational options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Hilton Hotels Direct, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Wailea - a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Wailea
- Grand Wailea Maui
- Grand Wailea Resort Maui
- Grand Wailea Hawaii
- Grand Hotel Wailea
- Grand Resort Wailea
- Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort Maui