I loved my stay at the Grand Wailea Resort-- it was everything I could hope for in a high-end resort of its kind. We celebrated our 4 year anniversary on these grounds, and highly recommend it for anyone looking for an exquisite resort experience.
Fantastic grounds, full of gorgeous flowers and trees, a super friendly concierge service, and rooms that you will daydream about for the rest of your life.
Rooms & Dining
The rooms were huge, bright and airy. The king size bed was so comfortable, I could easily have sunk into it and spent a happy vacation doing a bed-in. The room was equipped with an amazing bathtub and shower, too (Best bathtub ever, you can almost skip the jacuzzi and enjoy it all for yourself!) The shower gel and soaps aroused your senses, with coconut and mango smells that will forever make you think of Hawaii.
We had a gorgeous view of the chapel, streamlined by a quiet koi pond. It was perfect. The room service menu was the best I've ever had. Try the caprese salad, quesedillas app, spare ribs entrée, fried chicken with lilikoi sauce, truffle mash potatoes, and any of their desserts. Huge, generous portions, a marriage of tastes that will delight your palate.
(all were recommended by the in-room dining person on the phone, who was lovely).
For a nice dinner, I highly recommend "Amasia", at the Grand Wailea. My "eat-anything-if-it's-in-front-of-me-yet-i'm-still-picky" partner turned into a foodie just from that experience-- the tasting menu & wine pairing is what we would return for, it was exceptional. The combination of flavors in these little bites will leave great savory memories, trust me. Service was exceptional.
Pools & Activities
The adults pool was nice and quiet, as you would hope for, and the water slides and pool park is a highlight of the trip, even for adults (the big one at the top is the best, so fast-- kinda scary, in a fun way)! Easy access to beach from the grounds, a direct access to white sand and quite calm oceans. If you fancy bigger waves, the Grand is also just a 10 min drive to Big Beach where you can watch the locals bodyboard or skimmers (Big Beach does have the most dangerous shore break in Hawaii, be careful when swimming).
Spa Grande was also a highlight of my trip-- the pools/saunas were amazingly well maintained, with a friendly and caring staff. I stayed there for an hour and a half, and it was absolutely relaxing. I especially liked the Hawaiian pools, the hot/cold Japanese pools, and the steam room. The lady who will tend to you is the nicest person I've ever met in my life.
Last but not least, the valet guy who greets you will also leave a lasting impression, he is so friendly, and makes you feel right at home!!
Highly recommend the Grand Wailea Resort for its impressive grounds, sumptuous rooms, Amasia Restaurant, Spa Grande and water slides.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is the ultimate destination for a fabulous Hawaii vacation, perfect for families, spa goers, honeymooners, golfers and active vacationers. Situated on 40 acres of lush, tropical Hawaiian gardens, Grand Wailea opens onto Maui's beautiful Wailea Beach, voted one of the best beaches in America, with elegant and newly-renovated accommodations, indulgent spa treatments, fine dining and thrilling recreational options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Wailea - a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Wailea
- Grand Wailea Maui
- Grand Wailea Resort Maui
- Grand Wailea Hawaii
- Grand Hotel Wailea
- Grand Resort Wailea
- Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort Maui