Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Andaz Maui At Wailea Resort(Wailea)
6,885 results
All reviewswater elevatornapua towerlazy rivergrand wailearope swingchapel winghibiscus poolbistro molokinithe grand dining roomcafe kulaspa grandefour seasonspool areaadult poolvalet parkingper dayocean view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stayed at the Grand Wailea in July with wife and two kids (age 9 and 11). Reserved a room in the Napua Tower using AAA. The rate was certainly no bargain, but considering we received an ocean front view and free morning and evening food (plus drinks), the Napua room was well worth the nominal additional cost. The rooms are large but a little outdated given the price point. The bathrooms are very large and super nice. The rooms and halls are showing some wear, but the public areas seem very clean and well maintained. The pool and beach make the whole resort worth the minuses you encounter or observe. The beach is perfect! Kids never complained - too busy having fun.

Room Tip: Reserve Napua Tower if you have a family. Drinks alone cover the cost.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
GWExecutiveOffice, Public Relations Manager at Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Aloha Lord of Canterbury,

Mahalo for your review and staying with us in the NaPua Tower during your family vacation! NaPua Tower is our concierge level, and we're glad to hear you found value in the meals. We appreciate the feedback on the rooms -- we'll be refreshing all of our rooms based on feedback like yours, and we hope to have the chance to invite you back once we're completed so you can see them firsthand.

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

The resort is pure opulence and class. The only thing missing is a crystal ball in your room, which I've suggested to the hotel staff.

As the only middle class person at the hotel, I felt a little out of place at times. I didn't have the requisite top hat, monocle or pocket watch to stay here. A few times, I was mistaken for a servant and hit with gold coins. "You there boy. Fetch me the largest turkey money can buy..."

The hotel is beautiful. The spa is world-class and the grounds are beautiful. There are also three great restaurants to choose from.

As a side caveat for all Maui vacationers, don't stay in west Maui. We actually left the Hyatt in west Maui to come here; the noise is unbearable.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Brian D

Aloha Brian D,

Mahalo for your review and making us laugh -- we sure hope that no turkeys had to be fetched, but would be amazed if you found one (roosters may be a bit easier to find on Maui). I'm sure on your next visit, a crystal ball can certainly be found for your room as well. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation and Wailea, it's a beautiful and quiet area.

We're excited to welcome you back and read your future reviews!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Greetings - my newlywed wife (both 27 years of age) and I just returned from our six-night honeymoon stay at Grand Wailea and what can I say other than WOW. The property is absolutely beautiful and conveniently located from the airport, just a short jaunt south and you arrive at the door. Our accommodations for the week were incredibly comfortable (such comfy beds, pillows) and the pool/ocean view in the lagoon wing along with a cooling breeze made our room just so pleasant for the honeymoon. The restaurants on property are all very good - the best and most memorable place to watch a sunset is Humuhumu... Alan Wong's Amasia also has terrific food, service and experience. I have traveled (and eaten!) around the country for work and can confidently the dining did not disappoint in any fashion with comparable experiences. The weather cooperated during our stay, we had a marvelous time relaxing by the pool, paddle boarding off the beach in the ocean and making some time for touristy stuff like the Road to Hana and the summit sunrise. The staff is knowledgeable and pleasant - the valet guys always ask if you need directions and know a lot about the area - and literally any bartender you inquire with can help provide a local tip or two. My wife has Celiac disease and the hotel was very accommodating to her food allergies. We happened upon the 808 Deli just up the road which was a home run at lunchtime and the Safeway grocery is just a few minutes away, as well, if you want a few snacks away from the resort to keep around the room.

Last but not least, we spent one day treating ourselves in the Spa Grande and it is unquestionably the best, most relaxing spa experience I've ever had in my life. We live in the San Diego area and have been to La Costa and other top-shelf spas and the Spa Grande is world-class, top-to-bottom. The service combined with their experience staff made for an absolutely perfect time for my wife and I. We got the "Romantic Interlude" and although the experience comes with a price, it was worth every penny.

I simply cannot imagine a better way to have spent our honeymoon and there isn't another spot on the island I would have traded for the Grand Wailea during such a special stay!

Room Tip: Lagoon wing was beautiful and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Charlie K

Aloha Charlie K,

Congratulations on your wedding and mahalo for spending your honeymoon with us on Maui! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and experienced everything Maui has to offer, including the sunrise at Haleakala, paddle boarding, and the Road to Hana. Our team members love providing tips and insight as we often venture off to explore Maui, so we're excited to hear that you took some tips from them!

Mahalo and congratulations!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Everything about this property is beautiful. The staff was very friendly, the pool and grounds were lovely and the room was also very comfortable. It was hard to find a lounge chair by the pool, that would probably be my only complaint. The yoga on the beach was a great experience and the gym was also very nice. It is expensive, but I believe that you get what you pay for. I would return without a doubt.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank love2travel777

Aloha love2travel777,

Mahalo for the kind review and staying with us during your business trip to Maui! Yoga on the beach is one of our favorite activities and a great way to start the day, so we're glad you experienced it.The pool is certainly busy, but our pool concierge team is always available to assist and can help in locating an available lounge chair on your next visit.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Grand Wailea is not an inclusive resort, do not buy into the hype, every little thing at Grand Wailea costs extra. The room was $600 and was no nicer than hotels where we have paid under $200 a night.
The restaurants, don't bother. A lot of build up for very common expensive dining.
Grand Wailea Does Not Care About Waking Up Guests At 8:AM with big events on the lawn outside your room, live band, church choir...I am not paying my money to say someplace that sets my sleeping hours by rudely waking me up this way. I pay my money to stay on MY schedule thank you.
We found Wailea very overpriced for a visual feast and not a lot more than that. Maui in and of it'self is a visual feast so why pay for what humans have done with nature when nature provides for free.
The only REAL VALUE at Grand Wailea is the photography class but ONLY if you get into the class taught by Michael Parkes. I learned more in that 5 hour class than a whole semester in other classes.

Room Tip: choose another hotel unless you are into paying for far more than you will get.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hope B

Aloha Hope,

Mahalo for choosing Grand Wailea for your Maui vacation. We're glad to hear that you found value in the photography class with Michael. We apologize for the events that awoke you as well as any communication that misled you to believe we were an inclusive resort. We did have a large group in town during your stay that had reserved the chapel lawns for concerts and choirs. We don't want anyone's vacation to be interrupted or ruined because of any events, however, and our Front Desk team will make every possible accommodation request to move you to a similar room in a different wing if they are made aware of any issues.