Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Andaz Maui At Wailea Resort(Wailea)
6,885 results
All reviewswater elevatornapua towerlazy rivergrand wailearope swingchapel winghibiscus poolbistro molokinithe grand dining roomcafe kulaspa grandefour seasonspool areaadult poolvalet parkingper dayocean view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2009

We were here to join in the celebrations of a wedding being held at the Hotel.

The complex is massive and facilities are beautifully presented, however the rooms are dissappointing, particularly given the price. Service throughout the complex is good, but no where near the standard you would expect when paying such a price. But I guess that's the comprimise when staying at such a large hotel with many guests.

If you want sophistication, relaxation and tranquility I'd recommend the Marriot. But if you've got kids to entertain or want to hide from family members on this huge complex stay at the Grand Wailea. But then again I'd go for an up market condo. Definitely not a honeymoon spot.

Oh and as for the wedding, the wedding planner messed up our brother's wedding at all points and caused a lot of stress before the big day. But it was such a beautiful setting and as always worked out on the day.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank AnnaG82
Reviewed 23 May 2009

Make no mistakes. This is a nice property. As a Hilton Diamond I was upgraded to a great oceanview room. Totally re-furbished and nicely appointed. After that every thing else went downhill. I found the hotel staff to be condescending. Not rude but not helping you while smiling all the time. I did encounter some staff who admitted that due to the low room count that several restaurants and activities had been cut back. Total confusion as to what restaurant would be open when. And if they were open they were extremely expensive. I realize that things will cost more at a resort like this but $8.00 for a bottle of water is a little over the top. Hamburgers $14.00, etc..

We were told we could use a courtesy room because we had a late flight. This turned out to be a nightmare and the hotel staff was not exactly honest in their discussions with me.

The grounds are great. The adult pool could use some work.. Room count was low so service at the pool was almost non-existent.

My advice would be to either stay at a condo of choose another true five star hotel (Fairmont or Four Seasons)..

I don't normally speak negatively about vacations but be forewarned that the raving reviews you read here don't tell the entire story.

In any event I wish you good travels.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelersK&W
Reviewed 22 May 2009

This was my 4th stay at Grand Wailea and I was very disappointed. They have been touting $50 million in renovations which is all very nice, but they have cut down on their employees to make up the difference. Getting a drink by the pool was a 30 - 45 minute wait because they have so few people working. I saw many guests getting very frustrated. The rooms have definitely been updated, but they are still not to the level of the Four Seasons (next door) or the Ritz Carlton. The Hibiscus pool (adults only) is in horrible shape. The tiles are coming off and the jaccuzi's make awful noises. For those of you who have never stayed here, be sure you are prepared for a great deal of walking. My room was at least a 1/4 mile from the pool/beach. Granted some rooms are closer, but most require a lot of walking. The restaraunt selection is very limited as well. They have increased food prices since my last stay too. I will say that the grounds are lovely and are the best of any hotel on Maui.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Cathy0411
Reviewed 22 May 2009

I wanted to send a note of thanks to you and your phenomenal staff. We were honored to stay at your beautiful facility in May 2009. The hotel is stunning and your staff is exceptional. Every single person we passed in the halls, saw at the beach, pool, restaurants, bell stand, parking garage/valet, concierge and in housekeeping was extremely welcoming, willing to assist with a smile and genuinely happy we were staying at the hotel. With a facility as large as yours, I realize it is difficult to have that type of employee in all areas of the hotel at all times. But, you have done it and I wanted to commend you for your wonderful leadership. My husband and I did not want to leave and will definitely continue to recommend the hotel for many years to come.

I also want to mention the outstanding food we were fortunate enough to enjoy during our visit. Whether at our hospitality room in the morning for breakfast, the wonderful treats delivered to our room, Humuhumu, Café Kula, the beach restaurant (Molokini?) or any of the group receptions, the food was outstanding. The highlight was the luau and we will fondly recall the spectacular food, décor, entertainment and service for many years.

Thank you again for making our week in Maui one of our best vacations! We will be back!

By the way, I wanted to relate an encounter I had with one of your guests. She was sitting next to us on the beach and dreading her departure later that day as well. She indicated the hotel had graciously given her a late check out due to having a 9pm flight and commented how nice the hotel had been with regard to the staff and service especially. She said her 7 year old son had a security blanket accidentally taken away in the laundry when the sheets were changed. She said her mother had made it and they were sick to lose it. The hotel apparently went through 50 carts of laundry to locate it, wash it and your Director of Housekeeping or Laundry personally delivered it to the family. They were so impressed at the level of concern and attention to detail with regard to this lost item. While I realize this may be “all in a day’s work” for your staff, it certainly wowed this family.

Way to go and keep up the terrific work!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2009

This was an absolutely incredible resort. It was our first true luxury vacation. Everything five star! The best part for us was in our room, when you open the shutters (didn't have drapes), you just saw the beach and it was breathtaking. We slept with the shutters open each night. The pool area was fabulous and food simply incredible. The service is superior! Love the location on Maui. Have been back to Hawaii and stayed at different places, but this is the BEST!!!

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled as a couple