Stayed at this hotel on a business conference but had a lot of time for personal fun.
The Good: The facility is beautiful and the beach is beautiful. Everything is well kept and very nice. Room service did a great job every day. We didn't have kids with us so we spent a decent amount of time at the adult pool area. It's a nice pool with a big lawn you can hang out. We really enjoyed the peace and quiet. The beach is open to the public but not too many people outside the resort go there. You can swim in the water and the current is not bad at all. The staff seemed nice and we had good service from just about everyone. Valet parking for the day is free but you pay a lot to stay overnight.
The Bad: As with everything in Hawaii the food and beverages at the hotel are very expensive. We bought a styrofoam cooler and some beer and wine at the Wal Mart and kept this in our room. We still ate and drank at the hotel but having our little cooler was a nice break from $10+ drinks. Overnight valet parking is very expensive so we parked in the free lot on the other side of the resort. It's first come first serve and fills up at night so get there early if you want a spot. There are some rooms that are newly renovated and others that are not. We were originally put in a newly renovated room but it had two beds. When they moved us to a room with one bed it was the older room. Bummer. It was nice but not as nice as the other.
We didn't pay for our room (paid for by corporate) but when I compared the cost of this hotel vs. other comparable hotels it seemed a little pricey for what you get. I think this is because of the sweet beach location. We would consider returning in spite of this. Especially if we bring kids.
The best part of our trip was renting a Harley for the day and cruising the island. Definitely one of the most memorable times of my life.
Sorry if my review wasn't very thorough but we spent a lot of time either playing offsite or at organized social functions revolved around business. The functions were great and a lot of fun but it didn't give us a lot of time to really get a feel for everything at the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is the ultimate destination for a fabulous Hawaii vacation, perfect for families, spa goers, honeymooners, golfers and active vacationers. Situated on 40 acres of lush, tropical Hawaiian gardens, Grand Wailea opens onto Maui's beautiful Wailea Beach, voted one of the best beaches in America, with elegant and newly-renovated accommodations, indulgent spa treatments, fine dining and thrilling recreational options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Wailea - a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Wailea
- Grand Wailea Maui
- Grand Wailea Resort Maui
- Grand Wailea Hawaii
- Grand Hotel Wailea
- Grand Resort Wailea
- Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort Maui