7,274 results
All reviewswater elevatornapua towerlazy rivergrand wailearope swingchapel wingbistro molokinihibiscus poolvolcano barthe grand dining roomcafe kulaspa grandefour seasonspool areaadult poolper dayvalet parking
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Will not be disappointed. Wife and I came for our honeymoon and we had a time we will NEVER forget. Truly an unforgettable experience. Resort tax is slayed into everything. $13-18 drinks are the normal and check in is at 4pm, annoying, but there isn't much around that. Endless things to do at the resort alone. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from elevators and major walking paths. No carpet in the hall ways so noise comes right into the rooms
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Grand_Wailea_3850, Director of Operations at Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Aloha Brian P,

Mahalo for staying with us to celebrate your honeymoon, and many congratulations! Waldorf Astoria prides itself on unforgettable moments, so we love to hear that this was your experience. We look forward to welcoming you and your 'ohana back and hope that we can be a part of future celebrations.

Mahalo,
Todd Temperly

Reviewed 23 November 2017

Fantastic Family Resort! Great food! Fabulous Luau, both food and entertainment. Tons of activities! Beautiful beach! Awesome service! Wonderful pools, slides, and water features. Gorgeous grounds! Bit expensive.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
Reviewed 21 November 2017

It is strange, for someone from the northeastern US, to check into a hotel whose lobby has no roof or walls. Of course, things got moist when a tropical rainstorm came over.

My room was large, clean, and had a pleasant balcony and adequate wifi. The farthest bed from the window was uncomfortably swaybacked from wear; the other bed was adequately comfortable. I was there for a conference, but there was no comfortable place to work: while there was a table with a lamp, the chairs were so low that even with two pillows on them I was barely high enough to use my computer or write comfortably (and I'm 6' tall).

The grounds are gorgeous, beautifully landscaped and well-maintained. The beach is lovely in every respect. The breakfast buffet is excellent. One can't get far without a car, however (Uber and Lyft wait times were 20+ minutes one evening). Even walking to restaurants about a 1/2 mi away can be challenging, as sidewalks seem optional in Wailea.

Finally, it's more expensive than it looks! Parking (valet only), "housekeeping gratuity" (it's on the bill), resort fee, and taxes added 37% to the room rate.

Room Tip: Some rooms have private balconies, and some have entry doors that open onto a common balcony. Ask for the latter.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank PHLRick
Reviewed 21 November 2017

The hotel and property were beautiful, but what was simply spectacular was the outstanding, exceptional, customer service by every staff member. After much debate between the Grand Wailea and the Four Seasons, we chose the Grand and couldn't be happier. Frankly, I wish I had gone around the property and taken the names down of the staff members to thank, but I didn't and now I'm struggling to remember them all as there were so many who went above and beyond. From our driver to the airport, Dan, to the wonderful ladies Zenith and Armi who was in the Napua Towers making drinks, to the ladies in the gift shop (Sannika, geesh, I hope I'm spelling that right...she's from Finland) they were all exceptional, but the star among the stars was the Front Desk manager Samantha V. She is so young to be managing a resort of that size, but I quickly figured out why. She truly loves people and bent over backwards to ensure our stay was nothing short of perfection. I spend half of my adult life in hotels as a pilot and I have never, ever encountered such dedication to customer service. She has such a warm, friendly, inviting, and caring spirit....well, she's a gift to that hotel and I will never stay anywhere else on Maui because of her. We will go wherever Samantha is :) Now, the hotel.... wonderful pools and hot tubs and we loved and stayed daily in the cabanas by the adult, "hibiscus pool" It was a great option to stay away from all of the kids there and it was remarkably quiet and peaceful there. I loved the beach as we saw and snorkeled with sea turtles daily. We never had issues getting chairs at either the pool or the beach as I had worried about due to other reviews. The pool cabana attendant....Sachiko was exceptional too....very friendly and caring. The workout room was fantastic, the beach attendants were great. We ate at Humu our second night and the food and ambiance was wonderful. I thought it was a great value considering it was at a Waldorf and the view was amazing....price about $50 pp Our room in the Napua Tower suites was amazing too. I slept with the air conditioning off, balcony doors open and listened to the hotel fountains and ocean waves crashing every night. That peaceful sound is burned into my memory. The Napua Tower suites are a great value if you can afford it as they have a breakfast served daily, afternoon tea, appetizers, and a chocolate decadence event every evening. Basically food and drinks available and included for the better part of the day. Bottom line....everything about this hotel was wonderful to the point where I signed up to be an elite member at the hotel. I will definitely come back here every chance I get. I even received a call from the GM? Todd on my last day thanking me for my business, for signing up as a member etc. This was unreal, unexpected and very much appreciated especially given the size of this hotel....Over the top customer service in every single way. As I mentioned, due to my job I travel extensively all over the world and this was my best experience ever. Thank you, thank you, thank you.....and I'll be back very soon.

Room Tip: Napua Towers if you can afford it
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gina S

Aloha Gina,

We greatly appreciate your review - I have personally shared this with the specific members of our team that you mentioned, as it is a great compliment to be a memorable moment in anyone's stay. We appreciate you becoming part of the Grand Wailea Membership 'Ohana and very much look forward to welcoming you back. Gina, please let me know when you plan to visit us next and please be in contact for anything you might need.

Mahalo,
Todd Temperly

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

This is a wonderful property and even better staff! Specifically, Ronnie at the front desk. She kicked things off for my wife and I when she checked us in. Kind and relaxed, she set the tone for our 5 days there. She was out FAVORITE!
Their beach is gorgeous and I thought the two pool areas covered both the family and adult clientele nicely.
Major Mahalo to this hotel. Highly recommend you stay here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple