I spent a long weekend at the Grand Wailea for my birthday. It is a fantastic hotel.
My room overlooked the wedding chapel and had an ocean view. I arrived to find I had been sent the fruit, cheese and wine gift from room service. It is fantastic and you will end up snacking on it for a couple of days.
The rooms are huge. The bathrooms have both a large soaking tub and a stand alone shower. A bubble bath in their mango bathing gel is fantastic! All of the amenities are top notch. They smell incredible and the bottles are very generous. The terrace is roomy enough to invite a couple of friends over for pre-dinner cocktails.
The beds, linens and towels are all fantastic and cozy. The sofa was equally as comfy and a great place for an afternoon nap. The internet was not wireless, but the connection was fast.
The spa is not to be missed. Don't forget that any spa treatment also comes with standard "spa extras". Some of the extras include wonderful aromatherapy soaking tubs that are really relaxing. They also have different kinds of jacuzzi baths. They also give you a body scrub treatment complimentary. You want to arrive with plenty of time to try all of "free extras". After you finish all of your baths, etc. they invite you up a beautiful staircase. At the top of the staircase they spritz you with some delicious aromatherapy spray. It is a lovely touch and gives you an idea of the attention to detail you will find in the spa. They have a lovely terrace, overlooking the water where you wait for your treatments. This area is co-ed and a great place to meet up with someone before or after appointments. If you can score a treatment room on the oceanside...you won't be disappointed. I recommend the basic massage and facial.
The pool area is lovely and can also get very crowded. The signature pool with the slides, etc. is obviously a magnet for families with children. If you are looking for a quiet place to sunbathe...you will probably opt for the grass area or the beach. There are plenty of lounge chairs and towels. I'm not really a fan of having to wear a bracelet to get a towel, but there is no choice. Plus, the kids seem to enjoy collecting their wristbands in different colors each day they are at the hotel. The slides and the lazy river are fun. You won't want to miss a trip to the pool bar in the cavern. It is worth a swim over there for a "Chi-Chi"---a "Chi Chi is a vodka version of a Pina Colada...and my new favorite drink. :)
Room service was quick and the prices are as high as you would expect. It is worth the expense to have the pancakes with coconut syrup. The Spago at the Four Seasons is a lovely restaurant. You will want to be sure to get a table outside. For a reasonably priced meal that is DELICIOUS...try Joe's Bar and Grill. It is a friendly place with terrific food and it is about 4 minutes from the hotel. It is a good place for two people to sit at the bar.
There are a million things you could say about this resort. It is beautiful. It has everything you could ever need. The service is fantastic. The location is fantastic. It is worth the flight and the expense. I love the Grand Wailea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Wailea, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, is the ultimate destination for a fabulous Hawaii vacation, perfect for families, spa goers, honeymooners, golfers and active vacationers. Situated on 40 acres of lush, tropical Hawaiian gardens, Grand Wailea opens onto Maui's beautiful Wailea Beach, voted one of the best beaches in America, with elegant and newly-renovated accommodations, indulgent spa treatments, fine dining and thrilling recreational options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Wailea - a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Wailea
- Grand Wailea Maui
- Grand Wailea Resort Maui
- Grand Wailea Hawaii
- Grand Hotel Wailea
- Grand Resort Wailea
- Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort Maui