“Best Spa Treatments I've Ever Had!”

Willow Stream Spa at The Fairmont Kea Lani
Ranked #3 of 12 Spas & Wellness in Wailea
More attraction details
Owner description: The new, 9,000 square-foot spa offers a full menu of authentic spa experiences to relieve, restore or provide results in a nurturing environment. Treatment rooms will include the Nalu (Wave) Suite, with a state-of-the art wave table that simulates the feeling of floating, the Wailele (Waterfall) Suite which offers Vichy Shower treatments, and the Hui (Gather) Suites, four treatment rooms with a private foyer, perfect for small groups. Additional features include experience showers inspired by varieties of Maui rain, a soothing palolo (mud) bar, an invigorating hot lava stone foot bed, steam and sauna, as well as a nail and make-up bar.
Victoria, Canada
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Best Spa Treatments I've Ever Had!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I am lucky enough to have been to a number of luxury spas on my travels and my two treatments here were unbelievable. I had a one hour reflexology session on one day and a 90 min medium pressure massage relaxation massage (with Connie) on another day. Some spas you get a "back rub," in a pleasant environment and it's perfectly acceptable but nothing special.

These treatments were "treatments," in that they were professional, the therapists appeared to know what they were doing, and they asked for and responded to customer feedback. I felt AMAZING when I was done!

The two adult kids we were travelling with (males, age 20 and 22) had never had massages before. They also had 90 minute relaxing treatments and were speechless when they were done. A highlight of the trip for them.

The facilities are very, very clean, relaxing, wonderfully appointed, and the attention to detail is evident. It's tough to choose a spa location and treatment when on holidays - I can't recommend a trip to the Fairmont Kea Lani Willow Stream Spa highly enough!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Kathleen B
TrudyPeterson, Guest Relations Manager at Willow Stream Spa at The Fairmont Kea Lani, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience of the new Willow Stream Spa. It’s outstanding to learn that your expectations were exceeded and that your service was exceptional. As a seasoned spa-goer, your positive comments are very much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Boise, Idaho
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Good Service”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a couples massage at the Willow Stream Spa. The spa amenities are nice, we had good customer service and the massage we received was better than what you would normally receive at a hotel spa. Like anything else at a resort it was overpriced, but it was relaxing and we would do it again.

Visited January 2014
TrudyPeterson, Guest Relations Manager at Willow Stream Spa at The Fairmont Kea Lani, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Wow… We are so pleased that your experience at our new Willow Stream Spa was the best you have ever had. This means a lot coming from such a seasoned spa-goer! We are thrilled that your expectations were exceeded and that Jamie contributed to making your experience exceptional. We'll be sure to share the compliment with her. Best wishes and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Spa Day”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have had many facials and massages in many different countries and bar none my service (Island Hydration Face and Back Treatment Restore—Hydrate 9
0 minutes) by Jamie was the best I have ever had! It was a level above anything I have had! It was soothing and enlightening loved it!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Viking204
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Ok”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We had a couples massage at the Oceanside cabana. Massage was just ok. I did not used the spa facilities. Was disappointed that they did not have a salon and could not recommend a salon that offers services to African Americans.

Visited February 2014
TrudyPeterson, Guest Relations Manager at Willow Stream Spa at The Fairmont Kea Lani, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
We sincerely apologize that your oceanside massage was disappointing. Our therapists are trained to provide high quality and effective experiences so we truly apologize that you received anything less. Your comments on the salon have been shared with our Spa Manager so we can improve for future guests. Mahalo for your review and warmest aloha.
Boston, MA
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 135 helpful votes
“Excellent - private - timely - relaxing”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I made the choice to go to the Willow Stream after feeling like I was on a conveyer belt at The Grand Waliea spa a year ago. This indeed was a better fit for me. The newly redone spa is impressive and there are no tired broken tiles and leaky faucets like at the GW. My therapist was right on time to pick me up in the lounge, and the stone massage was just dreamy. Lorraine is a magician.

There are a number of "experience" showers, but i didn't get the sense that there was a scent of any kind (which I expected, similar to the GW) but rather a change in lighting and drip pattern. You have the option of dialing the temperature up or down to your liking ... they are open view with a panel of glass however, which is always funky. There is a "mud bar" which amounts to you selecting a cup of mud and applying it prior to sitting in the steam room. The private showers include all that you need to prep for the day after your treatment(s).

I found the reservation process to be easy and every interaction I had with staff was pleasant. I would not hesitate to come here again and if you prefer a more intimate environment this is a great option in Wailea.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank KFerg
TrudyPeterson, Guest Relations Manager at Willow Stream Spa at The Fairmont Kea Lani, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Aloha and thank you for visiting our NEW Willow Stream Spa! We are delighted that your expectations were exceeded and appreciate you sharing the details of your spa experience. Please be assured that your kind compliments will be passed on to Lorraine and the team.  Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!