“If you must..”

Mandara Spa at the Wailea Marriott
Ranked #6 of 12 Spas & Wellness in Wailea
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I get massages anytime I go away and this wasn't the best, but it also wasn't the worst. It was an okay massage. The room itself was way too bright, which I don't like when trying to relax. The showers felt a little skeevy and the 'releaxation' room just had running water. The overall experience was nice, but I would say maybe check out a different Spa if you can.

1  Thank Jessica V

Reviewed 29 July 2012

I don't typically write reviews, but this place encourged me to write one, which is not a good thing.
The goods:
As I walked in, the receptionist at the desk greeted me. She was very friendly. The lobby was nice and spacious filled with spa products and a nice bamboo setting. I guess they are short staffed because she also took me into the locker room. It's not much things to do in there, but it didn't bother me. They have you sit in a relaxation lounge, which is not so relaxing! But I must say, the massage was incredible. I had a 50 minute Hawaiian style massage. I wish I did a longer massage, but I know next time.
The bad:
As I walked out feeling so relaxed from my amazing massage, there was another receptionist at the desk. I'm not near her, but she yells out, "How was your treatment?" She's staring at the computer so I don't reply. I get to the desk and as she's still staring at the computer, she asks me my name. I give it to her. Seems like she can't find me on her system and calls me another name. Rude! So I repeat it again. Then she asks me if I am interested in any products today? I ask her,"What products?" She doesn't reply so I just say "NO". Then she hands me over a comment card to fill out before I leave the spa. Which I think is rude again! Overall, my point is the check out process was horrible.

The receptionist has no customer service and I don't understand why they force you fill out a comment card before you leave! I just had a relaxing massage and I don't think it's nessessary to be answering 20+ questions. I just want to leave and go on my way. It's like they stress you out so you return for another massage!

1  Thank nr702
Reviewed 13 July 2012

It was my mom and auntys first time at a spa and they really enjoyed their 50 minute Lomi Lomi massage. They couldn't stop talking about it and they walked out so relaxed and soothed. The therapists did a great job and loosened up all the knots. It was my gift to them and I had high expectations in a great experience for them. In result everyone was very friendly and the spa was simple considering we had lots of things to do throughout the day. I really enjoyed the steam room but I just wish there were more amenities and services to enjoy. It just felt like everyone was forced to go into the steam room to really feel relaxed.

Reviewed 5 June 2012

I love a great massage, and it is a treat when I get one. I had been given some gift certificates to Spa Finder and figured my spa dollars would stretch here. I made my appointment and headed out for a morning of rest, relaxation and pampering. I arrived early hoping to enjoy the amenities. I found out that the only place for me to relax was in the steam room or by the relaxation waterfall that was so loud it was hardly relaxing. There was no whirlpool spa. I took a quick steam and went to the showers to rinse off again. The shower stall had mold. That grossed me out. I tried again to relax by the waterfall, but instead found myself feeling claustrophobic and just wanting to leave.

I told the polite gal at the front desk that I was not feeling well and needed to reschedule. I left, without any penalty for canceling and quickly rescheduled at the Grande Spa at The Grand Wailea, next door. My experience there was AMAZING!

My advice is to purchase Spa gift certificates at the Costco in Kahului and automatically save 20% on treatments.

5  Thank warfwalker
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Booked a 90 minute massage and 60 minute facial. My massage seemed to go really quick, so I checked my watch when I got back to the locker room and the masseuse had only given me a 60-minute. I went back out to the front desk and let the lady know. She was very apologetic, as was the facialist, who actually picked me up early so that I was not just sitting there waiting. As far as the massage, it was ok. The masseuse was actually very loud spoken, which I thought was weird, instead of leaning down and whispering to you about turning over, when you're done, etc. The facialist was awesome. Very relaxing and my face felt like a million bucks for the next couple of days. When I checked out, the spa was again very apolgetic, gave me a discount, and offered me a complimentary treatment. It really wasn't in our schedule to allow me to come back, so I thanked them. I felt they handled a very innocent mistake very professionally. In fact, I got ANOTHER phone call from the manager that night apologizing. They obviously care a great deal about service and want satisfied customers. I would go back to this spa just simply for the way they handled themselves.

1  Thank TouristaDeTejas