“Nice massages!”

Mandara Spa at the Wailea Marriott
Ranked #6 of 12 Spas & Wellness in Wailea
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I had a couple's massage here. We were guests at the Marriott so it was very convenient to walk over here. The spa is nice; not the nicest I have been to, but really quite pretty. They ask you to choose your scent for the massage oil at the beginning. I chose a lavender/lilac sort of scent. I am pretty sure this did not get conveyed to my masseuse because I never smelled that scent during the massage.

We were taken to a locker room that was very pretty. My locker did not work so I had to go back out; the front desk person said this happens a lot and she had to try a number of lockers before she gave me a different one that worked. (By the way, the front desk person was really friendly; a lot of reviews said the front desk staff was rude, so I was hesitant to go there. Maybe they changed staff because this person was really sweet and friendly!).

I changed and waited in my robe in the relaxation room. Then we were lead to the massage area, which was a room on the corner close to the ocean. It was very bright (brighter than any massage room I have ever been in), which was a little odd, but not awful - just different. The massage was really outstanding. My husband also really enjoyed his. He both felt so relaxed and refreshed after! My only dislike was that the room and the massage oil smelled like rancid oil (like when olive oil sits for too long). I think they need to change out the oils. My masseuse was very attuned to me; when she noticed me readjusting my face she added more towels to make me more comfortable. It was a really nice experience. In total, we spent close to $400, since they do add on a 20% service charge. The prices are quite high, but this was a gift from a family member for our wedding, so we were able to really enjoy it.

1  Thank SummerLove11
There are newer reviews for Mandara Spa at the Wailea Marriott

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Took my daughter to the Wailea Mandara Spa twice while we were staying at the resort. On our first visit we were able to get a half price spa deal. (You can call each day to see if there are any specials). My daughter had "Bheng" as service provider. She was wonderful! Because my daughter is 13 I had to join her for her session. We shared the couples massage room facing the adult pool. This room was a little loud - we could hear some of the guests at the pool area. My massage lady wasn't great. Don't have a name to share because she didn't introduce herself. I was having the Loma Loma massage...it was just okay. We both enjoyed the relaxation room and the shower area after the massage. On our second visit to the spa there were no spa deals because the hotel was booked and the spa was busy. We again shared a couples room. This one was farther from the adult pool and much less noise. We both requested a swedish massage. My daughter had Erica and I had Courtney. We both enjoyed our second massage. I think if I had to recommend a service provider it would be Erica or Bheng. I wish the resort had a printed service menu for teens. I was able to call and someone told me the teen services they offered. None of those teen services worked for us because I needed to be with her at the time of her service and the teen massages were 25 min massages and the adult massages start at 55 min. As a result we just did the basic swedish massage for 50 min for my daughter.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

It was a huge resort. The only bad thing was the long walk to anything, the front lobby, the beach, your room. It was a task. Other than that, service was good. And no, no Pepsi for the Pepsi loving tourist.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We booked a couples massage and I expect use of the shower, relaxation room et cetera. When booking I thought that to be what would be true. What we received for over $400 was a 40 minute massage and a receptionist who was obviously trained to get you in and chase you out as soon as possible. It was horrible and I am upset to have been so taken advantage of. Worst spa I have ever been to.

5  Thank michelle s
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are here on our honeymoon and decided to get a couples pedicure. It was HORRIBLE! We paid $75 each and it wasn't relaxing. The chairs are not comfortable which makes for an uncomfortable experience. I also had a shellac manicure this morning, but due to them wanting to charge me $85 for this (because they were charging me $25 to remove my shellac manicure that I already had peeled mostly off) I decided to cancel the rest of the manicure. The ladies at the front desk were very rude and not helpful. I was still charged $30 for the shellac removal plus 20% gratuity. Absolutely ridiculous! DO NOT go to them for manicure and pedicures. The service is bad and the ladies at the front were stuck up. Save the money and go to a spa that cares about their guests!

3  Thank Megan S