“Loved it so much we came back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Spa Grande

Spa Grande
Ranked #1 of 12 Spas & Wellness in Wailea
More attraction details
Owner description: Spa Grande is located at the Grand Wailea Waldorf Astoria. Spa Grande’s unique theme of ‘East meets West over the Shores of Hawaii’ pampers guests and indulges your senses in an enriching journey to restore harmony to your body & soul. Ensure you arrive at least an hour before your treatment to enjoy the wonders of the world renown Terme hydrotherapy circuit and complimentary full body petit honey & mango exfoliation.
Columbus, Ohio
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Loved it so much we came back!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We were drawn by the terme baths to this spa. We booked a duo massage the day before we left and loved the experience so much we came back the day we left for just the two hours in the baths. I adored the aromatherapy salt baths. I went in each one and they were so soothing and relaxing. My favorites were the Big Island and Lanai. I have to say the only thing I disliked about the spa was the Swiss jet shower. Between each salt bath, you had to rinse off in the Swiss shower. The showers would turn on after ~10s (maybe much longer) and I found them a bit painful. All the other baths/showers I loved. The waterfall provided a nice back massage, the Japanese bath had delicate bubbles for the gentlest of massages, and then the traditional Roman hot tub was also soothing. I overheat easily, so the cold plunges were a must. They also had iced wash clothes, so i just put one on my head/neck so I could enjoy the salt baths longer. They encourage you to stay hydrated and provide ice water and honey mango ice tea as well as apples and oranges. The tea was lovely - very lightly sweetened. The Japanese bath is complete with washing stations. Although you must shower before even entering the bath area, the washing stations are wonderful for shaving. Oh, they also do a mango body scrub which is exactly as it sounds - a brief scrub/massage. I preferred to go without a suit, but about half the people wore suits.

The massage was lovely. There was good music, the massage therapists didn't try to engage in conversation and just let us rest, and the aromatherapy was perfect. I don't even know the last time I felt that relaxed. As much as I loved the massage, the true highlight for me was the baths.

1 Thank Vanessa R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Anchorage, Alaska
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Very relaxing!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I went with two friends for a morning at the spa. It was fun to try the different baths, representing each island; the hot tub then the cold plunge pool, and the cascading shower. The sheets on the massage table were high quality, a nice luxury touch. The massage was excellent. Afterward we sat on the lanai off the massage wing, sipping our ice water, overlooking the grounds and ocean. Hated to leave, truly a great experience.

1 Thank CNC_28
Winter Haven, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Unbelievable ”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Just when I thought Maui couldn't get any better, I enjoyed a half day at Spa Grande. I got a Hawaiian style body polish, body mask, cocoon wrap and finally a lomilomi massage. The Hawaiian baths are incredible as well. Worth every penny!

1 Thank Heatherbr0wn78
New York City, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Loved this spa”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed at the hotel. Booked a massage while the hubby golfed. One of my favorite spas. Loved the products used - best smell ever. Great amenities - steam showers, etc. Had a really nice time there.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank jesswc779
Miami, Florida
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Still amazing”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was my 5th time going to Spa Grande. I still think the spa is incredible and has the best amenities but this was my most disappointing visit. My massage itself was GREAT and totally relaxing but the experience before the massage was the weakest. I am not sure what was going on but most of their baths were not as hot as usual and one of the other hot tubs was totally cold. I went in one of the 2 jet showers and even though I held down the hot button, cold water came at first and although eventually it got warmer, the one above my had stayed cold the whole time. Also, the cascading waterfall was not on when we first got there and it took a while to get turned on. The prices are pretty steep but I did not mind paying in the past since I knew that the full experience before the massage was worth the money but unfortunately that wasn't the case this time. The full body scrub at the beginning was awesome as usual and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Either way, the spa is beautiful and the view when you finish your massage is one of the prettiest I have seen at a spa. If you are going to book a service, I would recommend booking it with an Expedia local expert (phone number I found online (808) 667-7777) as you do get a free robe to take home and pay the same price as you would booking straight with the spa.

6 Thank JuC8

Been to Spa Grande? Share your experiences!