“Great for Carryout”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We decided we didnt want to go out and just wanted to enjoy the view from our room. Ordered carryout from Pita Paridise and have a very nice meal. They have reserved parking for carryout orders - so no search for a parking space. The food was ready in 15 minutes and ready when I showe up They greated me at the door and got my food and payment quickley. NIce people and good food.
h

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Ate at Pita Paradise for dinner during our recent trip to Maui. My daughters and I ordered the chicken kebobs and my husband got the chicken parm. The atmosphere was very nice. Sat outside on the patio with lit candles. Pretty romantic. Food was good. The homemade pitas were amazing! Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I came here for my birthday dinner, and I had a real craving for Greek food. Maui doesn't have the best selection on Mediterranean food, but this place is an exception. We had the Greek Platter appetizer- Hummus, pita, feta, spicy falafel, and bruschetta. The flavors were outstanding. I had the Greek God's platter for my entree and it too was amazing. It comes with Mousaka (greek lasagne) that at first glance looked overcooked, but it melted in my mouth- lamb, eggplant, a little sauce and cheese. It was divine. The dish also included 1/2 a lamb gyro, so tender the meat, and a piece of tiropita. I was very happy with that meal. My father had the fresh fish special- the owner goes out and catches the fish fresh everyday. I think he bought the restaurant as an excuse to go fishing. It was flavored in a citrus/honey reduction and served over mashed potatoes- so good. And my mother had the Lamb kebab. She asked for it rare- and it was. For desert we split a piece of baclava and ice cream cake baclava. Both were to die for. Sometimes baclava is too sweet, but this was not the case. They went heavy on the cinnamon, a big plus in my book, and the ice cream just melded all the flavors wonderfully. I was very impressed.
Service was friendly and courteous, but it definitely got worse over the duration of our meal. Maybe they were short-staffed that night and it got too busy. But, we wound up waiting for a bit to order our desert, and again to pay. That's the only reason I gave them 4/5. I will go back there and hope the service is better. The food is too good to ignore.

1  Thank NYGreenman
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Outstanding food and service. We have eaten here three times on our vacation. Owner catches the fish himself so extremely fresh. We enjoyed everything we ate.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This place is awesome. If you love Greek food come and try this place. I read some of the bad reviews but honestly there are more good reviews than bad. I'm so glad I came to try this place out. The food is great. We had the appetizer sampler which was great. I had the lamb Giro which was to die for and my daughter had the chicken parmesian. We were full and couldn't try the baklava dessert but a table next to us did and it looked delicious I guess we'll try that next time. I give this place 5 stars.

Been to Pita Paradise? Share your experiences!