“Great food, mediocre service..arrogant”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Price range: US$60 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: The Shops of Wailea
Description: In 1965, Ruth Fertel mortgaged her home to buy a little steak house in New Orleans named Chris Steak House. After investing her life savings, she proudly added her name to the original. That's how the uniquely name Ruth's Chris Steak House was born. Ruth established this unique restaurant with no restaurant experience, but she vowed to treat every customer like a guest in her own home. And she clearly knew what steak lovers wanted - the very best beef. Today, as always, Ruth's Chris serves only the finest corn-fed Midwestern beef available, broiled in 1800-degree ovens designed by Ruth herself. The steaks are served sizzling on 500-degree plates so every bite is hot and delicious. And while steak is king, the menu also includes expertly executed seafood, lamb, pork, and poultry dishes, as well as classic appetizers, fresh salads, side dishes, and homemade desserts. The award-winning wine list features more than 250 world-class international and domestic labels. Whatever the occasion, Ruth's Chris Steak House is the perfect spot to gather. Unparalleled cuisine, sumptuous surroundings and service that's accomplished yet never fussy - these are the elements of memorable special events.
Kihei, HI
“Great food, mediocre service..arrogant”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Restaurant Week in Wailea. Delicious meal spoiled by scarce service. Cocktails were watered down...scotch and soda looked like a gin and tonic. Manhattan perfect. Wine by the glass delivered in a small carafe half full..a 4 oz pour? Price $9.50. Ravenswood Zin which sells for $7.95 for bottle at Safeway, $39 on wine list.
Caesar salad was scrumptious. Filets great. Mashed potatoes a perfect companion. Broccoli steamed and yummy. Bearnaise among the best I've ever had.
First waiter pleasant and attentive. Before meal was served, new waiter, who checked back only once during the rest of meal. When I pointed out that the dessert was part of the price fixe menu advertised for restaurant week, he advised there was an up charge of $12, which I declined. When I insisted that it was part of the price fixe and asked to speak with the manager, he said "whatever". He was abrupt, borderline rude. Bill was over $300 for four of us. We send kudos to the chef and thumbs down to the waiter. FYI restaurant was about half full.

1 Thank Mauicruiser

• Korean first
New England
“Good steak, ridiculous price”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I've never had a bad meal at a Ruth's Chris, but it had been a while since I'd been to one. The prices at this particular location were astonishingly high - the highest I can recall ever having paid for steak. The food, however, was far from the best, though I can't say that it wasn't of high quality. But for the highest price, I expect the best, or something close to it, and this wasn't it.

1 Thank opti-wan
Huntington Beach, California
“My favorite meal”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

We visit ruths Chris everywhere we go in the world that has one. We absolutely love their food...the sweet potatoes are by far the best ever. I can eat them for desert as well! Yum yum this location like most has great service and food!

1 Thank Treesa S
Naches, Washington
“Disappointment”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We've been to 4 other Ruth's Chris Steakhouses , this is the first time that it was a let down. Our waiter was inattentive and aloof. My ribeye was tough and fatty. My lady's catch of the day was nothing to shout about. We asked that our asparagus be cooked longer, due to the fact that it is usually al dente, but that wasn't even on point. Salads were over dressed. Over all, just so so,
All in all, not going back to this one again.

1 Thank captainarby
Shoreline, Washington
“Yum! Just... Yum!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Ok, fancy dinner out with the kids on vacation. Was happy to see that the dress code here was fairly forgiving, as I hadn't packed anything nicer than khakis. Service was a little slow to get started, but everything picked up one our drinks were ordered. The food was great! The kids loved theirs, and the wife and I loved ours. We split a 16oz New York (I totally recommend splitting a steak here), which was beautifully cooked and delicious. Sides were tasty, though in retrospect we may not have needed the asparagus after we each ordered potatoes in our respective preferred preparations.

• Visited April 2014

Been to Ruth's Chris Steak House? Share your experiences!