“Great couple's massages on the beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Makena Kai Day Spa

Makena Kai Day Spa
Ranked #8 of 12 Spas & Wellness in Wailea
More attraction details
Owner description: Exceptional massage on the beach. Oceanfront cabanas and warm tropical breezes make your massage session something to remember. Massage, facials, body wraps and scrubs. Hawaiian style on Maluaka Beach.
Munich, Germany
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great couple's massages on the beach”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This was a wonderful experience... My husband and I had the beach side couple's massages. I think it lasted 80min, but we were both asleep after 30min :o)

Unfortunately, we didn't use the spa facilities... There was simply too much to do on the island.

Visited June 2013

Okotoks, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“couples massage”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Having a couples deep tissue massage on the beach is pricey BUT so worth it! The ladies are excellent and made us so relaxed for the remainder of our vacation!

Visited March 2013
Vernon, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A great way to spend some time.”
Reviewed 13 February 2013

My husband and I were on vacation in Maui. We stayed at the Makena Beach and Golf Resort. The place is beautiful. I bought an 80 minute Full Body Massage. It was the most beautiful setting I have ever seen. We were RIGHT above the beach (so it was private) but close enough to hear all the waves. The trees leaves made it sound like a light mist was falling. It was warm but not hot
I had Lora Lea, I believe. She was wonderful. You did not hear a lot to talking, unless you wanted to talk. There was no music getting in the way of nature's beautiful sounds. It was so nice. There were 2 places so If you want a couple's massage, they could open the grass kinda curtain and you could be together. It was just wonderful. I really recommend it.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Buppycato
el granada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Jonsey”
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Get Jonsey for massage she is fantastic and do a couples massage over the beach! We had a nice couple massage and I love to hear the waves, it was really good.

Visited October 2012
Los Angeles, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great concept, needs help”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

The idea of oceanfront, cabana spa treatments is GREAT, and the treatments themselves were fantastic -- overall, RECOMMENDED, despite the "poor" rating. The problem is, there are no changing areas, no "spa" activities. It's not a spa, it's massages offered at the hotel. I would suggest doing it, because the sound of the ocean and the cool breeze is unforgettable. But if you want an actual spa, this isn't it.

Visited August 2012