“FIRST LU'AU... It was OK”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Te Au Moana Luau

Te Au Moana Luau
Washington DC, District of Columbia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“FIRST LU'AU... It was OK”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Ok so this was our first luau and it was a good experience. We would have preferred a little more intimate luau, if one exist? The show was OUTSTANDING! And the food was OK. I mean it is buffet style, outside, so how good can it be? The one downside would be the drinks... Probably the worse mai tai's I have ever had, but then again they were prepared for the masses. If there's anything I think Marriott should work on it would be the drinks.

California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Luau in Wailea, Maui "Book Early"”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This particular Luau has a lot going for it, and one you should consider if you are in Wailea. Here are some tips for you. If you book early do purchase VIP seating you will be closer to the performers. If VIP seats are booked you should still go. Arrive a full 15 to 20 minutes early, you will be seated, ask the usher to get you a table in the shade; afternoon sun is just to much. You will be given a fresh Lei, and a photographer will ask to take your photo, the photos are good quality and cost about $40. and are available at the end of the event. You can get your photo (Lei's on please), and look at the finished product, you are under no obligation to purchase. Typical Hawaiian drinks are complimentary, I found them rather a bit weak, and they were more than willing to spike mine a bit more. The food I found very good, which was a surprise to me., both times I went to this Luau the food quality was above average; a real plus. The performers were all top notch, and enjoyable, and highly entertaining. This is a perfect Luau for a family, although I saw plenty of couples (parties of just 2), but ideal for your family. There is plenty of food, so arrive hungry! By the way it's located at the Wailea Marriott. Their website is www.teaumoana.com - and the backdrop is the beautiful Pacific.

4 Thank bigwavecalifornia
Tallahassee, Florida
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Sunset Luau”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Booked the Luau about 2 weeks in advance. All of the best seating was already booked. We got their regular seating. Arrived at the luau at 4:30. We were seated. For the next hour or so guests arrive, are seated and have the opportunity to take photos and buy items. The the luau starts. Food is served buffet style. After dinner is over the main entertainment begins. We enjoyed the show. Dinner starts around 6 PM with the show around 7 PM.

1 Thank Travel4Fun465
Miami
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Awesome!!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We booked this for the entire family and we really enjoyed the show. The show was awesome!!! we really loved this. The food was served in the buffet style. The quality and variety was good. We payed for the preferred seat (only $10 + per seat) so we were in first row and we have good view. I highly recommend this!

2 Thank Jhon F
Great Yarmouth, England
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“The perfect Luau for me”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

So this was my first trip to Hawaii, I pre-booked the tickets ahead of the holiday and was really excited about going to a luau and let me say, nothing disappointed me. There were a few drops of rain as we sat waiting for the evening to start and I was a little concerned that the event would be moved inside, fortunately the rain clouds moved away and the entertainment was able to start. The setting; beachside at the Marriott is simply stunning. We didn’t pay the extra price for guaranteed front row seats so we made sure that we arrived in good time (4.30pm) and got a really good table in front of the main stage, which we shared with about 6 other people, from various countries. We collected our beautiful fresh leis and had the obligatory photo taken (which I must concede turned out to be a lovely family memento).
The food was of a good quality and is served buffet style, not gastronomic but certainly tasty and plentiful – I didn’t go to the bar myself but for our family I can confirm that they definitely served Bud Light and quite alcoholic (but lovely) Pina Colada’s (hic!)
The entertainment was excellent from start to finish and I must compliment all the performers, especially the fire dancer, the like of which I’d never seen before. I would have no reservations in recommending this luau to anyone.

Visited January 2014