Just returned from our second year there, two weeks each time, and cannot say enough about our unit. We had the top floor and a fantastic view from both lanai's (check out our photos taken with iPad). A unit for two (owner limit) with two bathrooms was an extra bonus. If there are only two of you, I suggest looking for a unit where the owner limits the occupancy to two people; much less wear and tear on the property and a safe bet they stay in the unit when not in use. The unit has been upgraded twice within the past three years with new furniture, kitchen (utensils, sink, garbage disposal, granite counter-tops, cabinets, under-cabinet lighting, flooring and appliances), bathrooms, bedroom, front entry and living room. I suspect the price for any particular unit is based on when upgraded and if owner uses it. We paid a little extra but still considered it a great value. Maui Tim, the agent for the property, and the owner of the unit below us (with a little research, you can find the unit where we stayed) does an outstanding job. On our recent stay, there was a Tsunami warning (7.7 earthquake off coast of Canada) and Tim was quick to call and assure us we were safe and not in harm's way. Turned out to be a non-event but was interesting to be a part of it. I could go into all the detail's but truthfully, I cannot find anything negative with everything about the unit above average. Considering everyone I know tells me I am high-maintenance, I give it two-thumbs up. Regarding the eating part of our vacation, upon landing at the airport, we drove straight to Costco (less than one mile from airport) and bought all of our breakfast groceries for the trip; there are several grocery stories nearby Ekolu in case you forget something. The first year we bought food for every meal but found we ate out (MonkeyPod, Joe's, Gannon's and Longhi's mostly) the other meal; two meals per day was enough as we did not want to put on any extra pounds. :-) Our favorite spots for recreation were Makena Landing for snorkeling and Wailea Tennis Club; the tennis club has an unlimited play short-term membership certain times of the year for couples so suggest you enquire. Located about 1/4 mile from Ekolu. Oops, I almost forgot, did I mention the swimming pool right next to our unit? I swam laps there everyday listening to my Jambox by Jawbone pushed by my iPhone (no, I do not work for Apple but wished I had bought their stock 20 years ago after Sculley was forced out in 1993). Enjoy your vacation!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the slopes of Haleakala with incredible vistas of the Pacific Ocean, Molokini crater and the neighboring islands of Lana'i and Kahoolawe, this condo resort has an ideal location at the gateway to Wailea. Set among the plush Wailea beach resorts, with easy escape to discover and explore the island of Maui and perched amid an 18-acre tropical garden paradise with 2 pools, recreation pavilion and barbecue grills, it's just a tee shot away from the Wailea Blue Golf Course. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen, private lanai, living/dining area and en-suite washer and dryer. Amenities include resort credits for dining and spa services at nearby resorts, parking, hi speed Wi-Fi internet access, phone calls, housekeeping every third day, and a Maika'i grocery discount card. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Wailea Ekolu Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wailea Ekolu Village Hotel Wailea
- Wailea Ekolu Village Resort Maui