We recently returned from our fourth trip to Maui. Unit 1107 at Ekolu Village was booked with Destination Resorts. Overall, we were disappointed in the unit. If all you wanted was a spectacular ocean view, you would be satisfied. However, if you wanted to spend any down time in the condo, you'd be underwhelmed. This unit obviously hasn't been updated in at least ten years. The first things we noted were the stained carpets and walls, as well as a chair that I wouldn't let my dog sit in. The arms were black with dirt. The kitchen cabinets were basically painted (but not for at least 5 years) plywood. You could wipe the dust off with your finger.Our kitchen lacked basics such as a kettle, paring knife, pot holders, oven mitts and dish drainer. We had 3 place matts and not enough coffee mugs. As for the electronics, the TV's were at least 15 years old (flat screen? you must be joking!) and the sound system didn't work. The WiFi worked intermittently. I turned the A/C on once; loud & annoying. We had an electric BBQ that only worked when it felt like it. To the property manager's credit, they did remove the chair promptly (but didn't replace it) and provided a kettle and new sound system, The master bath was so tight, you couldn't open the shower door and bathroom door at the same time. In our trips to Maui, we have rented elsewhere in the same price range, but this unit definitely is substandard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the slopes of Haleakala with incredible vistas of the Pacific Ocean, Molokini crater and the neighboring islands of Lana'i and Kahoolawe, this condo resort has an ideal location at the gateway to Wailea. Set among the plush Wailea beach resorts, with easy escape to discover and explore the island of Maui and perched amid an 18-acre tropical garden paradise with 2 pools, recreation pavilion and barbecue grills, it's just a tee shot away from the Wailea Blue Golf Course. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen, private lanai, living/dining area and en-suite washer and dryer. Amenities include resort credits for dining and spa services at nearby resorts, parking, hi speed Wi-Fi internet access, phone calls, housekeeping every third day, and a Maika'i grocery discount card. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Wailea Ekolu Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wailea Ekolu Village Hotel Wailea
- Wailea Ekolu Village Resort Maui