stayed in unit #26 grand champions Nov. 6-11, 2013.
First, we had dificult time finding place, as there was no signage on main road. We finally found a local who gave us directions, which were still rather complicated.
Driving in arouind 6:00 was magical, as we were greeted by a forest of singing birds, and beautiful gardens.
However, we quickly found the office was closed, and again, no instructions as to how to pick up key, or get in.
So after asking around, and another wild goose chase, we found out that we had to check in at Wailea gateway.
Again, we went to wrong one, as we found out there was two.
Geting frustrated by now, we finally picked up key ect.
Get back to condo, and key seemed not to work. It seemed the bottom was locked, and the key was only for deadlock. We were all so frustrated by then, it was dark, we were just going to sleep by pool, as everything was closed now.
I went back one more time, and realised, the door was very delicate, finally opened it. By the way, we all fought with the key the whole time, very frustrated, they sould warn you.
I'm no stranger to travel Hawaii, we go at least 3 times a year, and stay at various places. This time I took my three grown daughters, all proffessionals, so I'm sure were not the only ones who encountered these frustrations.
Otherwise, the Grand champions seemed like it would be a nice place, unit #26 is not the greatest location, as its tucked in a corner with no veiw of anything.
I would stay at the Palms in Wailea before the Champions any day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Wailea golf resort with a country club feel is centered on 11 acres, amid the 18-hole Wailea Blue Golf Course. Select from garden or ocean view suites or golf front villas along the 6th, 7th and 8th holes, with ultimate views of well maintained fairways and sun-drenched strokes. Within this country club condo resort, you'll also find the world-class Wailea Tennis Center and stadium. The resort features two pools, two whirlpool spas and barbecue grills; and is located near The Shops at Wailea and popular Mokapu and Ulua beaches. Each 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom suite features a fully equipped kitchen, living/dining room area, private lanai and en-suite washer/dryer. Amenities include in resort credits for dining and spa services at nearby resorts, parking, hi speed Wi-Fi internet access, phone calls, housekeeping every third day, and a Maika'i grocery discount card. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Wailea Grand Champions Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wailea Grand Champions Villas Hotel Wailea
- Wailea Grand Champions Villas Maui