This was the second time staying at Grand Champions. Our first condo/experience was good and we love the location in Wailea. So we found this unit available for our time period. We were staying for a month and wanted something comfortable.
Let me say, always ask for more photos than what is shown on VRBO. This place was large enough with two bathrooms and large lanai. However, the furnishings, bed, dishes, etc was something from a garage sale. Not more than once did we sit on the livingroom furniture, it was that uncomfortable, the bedding was soiled, light bulbs burnt out for the most part and most of the dishes were chipped. The coffee machine carafe had a hole in it and you had to run around in a circle withing the shower just to get wet.
Phoned the "guy friday" so called real estate agent to complain and I told him the place was a poop hole and wondered if the owner would consider getting some updated furniture, or I would lease some myself for the stay. He just laughed and said, that "it took me a few days to realize this". He eventually contacted the owner and they offered our money back eventually, but that would have left us high and dry looking for a place for a month. So we said we would endure it. I purchased numerous things to make our stay more comfortable and left them there for the next poor souls.
The place is for retired folks and the rules for condo and pool area are ridiculous, almost right down to, do not have fun. The people above us sounded like a herd of cattle most of the time. BBQs are down at the pool areas and so you have to run around looking for the pool area whilst balancing your food etc both ways.
Grounds are nice and this unit had excellent beach gear.
I will not stay there again.
Ekolu villiage next door is far nicer, and you can BBQ on your lanai.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Wailea golf resort with a country club feel is centered on 11 acres, amid the 18-hole Wailea Blue Golf Course. Select from garden or ocean view suites or golf front villas along the 6th, 7th and 8th holes, with ultimate views of well maintained fairways and sun-drenched strokes. Within this country club condo resort, you'll also find the world-class Wailea Tennis Center and stadium. The resort features two pools, two whirlpool spas and barbecue grills; and is located near The Shops at Wailea and popular Mokapu and Ulua beaches. Each 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom suite features a fully equipped kitchen, living/dining room area, private lanai and en-suite washer/dryer. Amenities include in resort credits for dining and spa services at nearby resorts, parking, hi speed Wi-Fi internet access, phone calls, housekeeping every third day, and a Maika'i grocery discount card. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wailea Grand Champions Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wailea Grand Champions Villas Hotel Wailea
- Wailea Grand Champions Villas Maui