“Not your typical yoga”

The Spa at Four Seasons Resort Maui
Ranked #2 of 11 Spas & Wellness in Wailea
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were excited to try their yoga on our recent stay at this resort. If you are a yogi or have tried yoga anywhere you might want to stay away from this one. We were given towels upon arrival and guess what there were no yoga mats! Are you serious? By the end of the class we were wet because they water the grass overnight! The instructor, Lisa? (She teaches Tuesdays and Thursdays) was terrible. We have been doing yoga for years and know what we're doing. We sensed that she was upset about the fact that we know what we're doing. She tried to find stupid reasons to correct us and another lady who also seemed to know what she was doing. The funny thing is the people in front of us who were beginners were never corrected and they were doing every single pose wrong. Ego much? Four Seasons, can you not afford to hire a real yoga instructor and buy some yoga matts?

3  Thank Nick A
in 4 reviews
"mouthwash"
"acupuncture"

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

It's hard to knock sitting poolside with a Trader Vic's Mai Tai, but if you're in a frisky, party mood, this probably isn't the hotel for you. I don't even recall hearing music being played over speakers and I was there just yesterday. The service is worthy of the Four Seasons moniker, but having a staff member ask your room number, to verify that you're a guest every 15 minutes, became a little irritating. I felt like I should have had one of those dumb plastic, all-inclusive, bracelets around my wrist to identify my patronage.

That aside, the rooms and grounds are meticulously maintained and it's a perfect spot for the traveler who is looking for peace and quiet, especially in the 21 and over Serenity Pool. The brunch buffet is marvelous and I recommend having it, whether or not you decide to stay at the hotel.

2  Thank AshWolf
Reviewed 28 May 2014

They offer a private ocean-side couples massage that we really loved. The crashing waves really added to the relaxation

1  Thank Chad S
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This hotel was our highlight of a three week Hawaiian vacation. We stayed in many topstar rated houses but the Four Seasons Wailea was simply put the best. Large rooms, friendly, welcoming staff, great location, nice spa, pools and no resort fee. We had dinner in two restaurants and the quality was very good. We def will be staying there again, when visiting Maui!

1  Thank MAB2910
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed at the Four Seasons for 10 days in October, it was a wonderful vacation and the spa helped make it great!
We had spa treatments by the pool. For me it was nice but nothing out of the ordinary. Although the oils were wonderful smelling and felt good on the skin. The best part was seeing our 2 daughters get excited about having a spa day. They won't let anyone under 18 into the actual spa for any treatments, so our 2 daughters ages 10 and 11 had some spa fun by the pool.
First they had the keiki foot massage and they were in heaven! The next day they had gotten a bit sunburned and the concierge suggested a face massage with the aloe mist. I called the spa and set it up for the girls. It was so darn cute to watch them and they said it really made their faces feel much better and took the sting away from the sunburn. She also gave them some cocoa butter to rub on their sunburn and that seemed to help.
They cant wait to go back and get the Keiki treatments all over again! And I cant wait to see their smiling faces after their Keiki spa time........
I have written many other reviews of the 4S resort itself, and many restaurants that we visited!

1  Thank Dana1962