“Hubby's First Massage”
Review of Maui Zen Day Spa - CLOSED

Maui Zen Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Maui Zen Day Spa now has a second location in Wailea Gateway Center. Offering couples spa packages, Lomi Lomi massage, Deep Tissue Massage, organic facials, collagen facials, body wraps, medical esthetics, acupuncture. To relax, to renew, to heal - we have the ideal spa treatment for you.
Maui, Hawaii
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Hubby's First Massage”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My new favorite place is Maui Zen Day Spa! I am thrilled to have a zen venue with experienced massage therapists in the Wailea area. Not only are they experienced, but also efficient and affordable. Very now. So many visitors and residents alike have already experienced the over-the-top-resort-spa and just want a private, therapeutic treatment for overall well-being. Well finally we have just that. I felt so confident in Maui Zen Day Spa that I talked my husband into getting a couples massage there. Funny story: when we arrived and crawled onto our massage tables, he said I probably won't ever do this again...Well after our couples massage he changed his tune to: "I WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK". Yay! Thank you Maui Zen Day Spa! Mahalo Nui Loa to our intuitive massage therapists Jill and Reatha...and in appreciation to Virginia for being an understanding, kind person who makes things happen!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Meegs_12
MauiZenSpa, Owner at Maui Zen Day Spa, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Aloha Meegs,
Thanks for taking time to leave the review! We love to make believers out of spa newbies like your husband. Looking forward to seeing you both for a return visit. Mahalo! - Virginia Lacker, owner

Los Angeles, California
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“A real treat”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My wife & I decided to try Maui Zen Day Spa due to the close proximity from our Hotel (Marriot). We were initially going to book with the hotel spa however did not have the time slot available to our liking. We were easily accommodated with an hour and a half lead time. The place is clean and smells good.

Both of us got the 60 minutes lomi-lomi massage. That day, I got Rita, my wife got Jill. They were both wonderful! They have magic hands! It was really relaxing and we felt good after the massage. It was $99/person and we received 15 minutes of free massage on our next appointment. The massage was so good that we booked a couple's retreat for the next day. It's a 75 minute treatment + the free 15 minutes = 90 minutes and it came out to $285 for both. Massage + foot scrub. We tried to book Rita & Jill again for the next day however Jill is not available and they recommended Ricky.

The next day, we arrived and off to heaven we go. It was really good that both my wife and I fell asleep. My wife has a bad back and "knots" in her upper back. Ricky was able to untie the "knots" and improved her back issues. It was really a nice touch that Jill texted Ricky how the massage went after the treatment and made sure that Ricky took good care of my wife.

We would definitely come back next time! Great Massage with not so hotel prices. We would easily pay $400+ for the same treatment at Mandara Spa (inside Marriot) and the other spas beside the hotel (four seasons, grand wailea)

Visited August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Affordable option in place of resort spa”
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Joanie is the owner and is just a doll. She is great at working you in to the schedule when you call the day of. We had several services that were much more affordable than what they were charging at our resort. Our massages were wonderful. My facial was good, but I felt as if my esthetician spent too much time putting products/cleansers on and taking them off rather than doing the full décolleté massage(s) and extractions. My session was 90-minutes and although relaxing, did not have the results that I was looking for. I visit my esthetician and massage therapist regularly and feel that I have a good basis for comparison. Overall, we were pleased with our services at Maui Zen and were able to get twice as many going here rather than the resort spa.

Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Perfection”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We had a great morning at Maui Zen Day Spa in Wailea. We were looking for a laid back experience, with great treatments that were priced reasonably and that's exactly what we got. They were extremely accommodating and booked us with appointments 1 day in advance. We got massages (one prenatal) and facials and were extremely pleased. I definitely recommend for a low-key, relaxing experience close to all the resorts without paying an arm and a leg!

Visited June 2013
Lahaina, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Reatha & Sarah are AWESOME!!!”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

For my birthday, my husband booked a 90-minute couple's massage at Maui Zen Day Spa in Wailea. We hadn't booked massages since our recent move to Maui; but we did get monthly 90-minute massages on the mainland, and as part of our wellness program. We can honestly say that the massages that we received from both Sarah and Reatha were by far the best massages that we'd ever received!!! What a treat, and so worth the investment. The spa itself is very nice & clean; although it's not what you'll find in the nearby high-end resort spas (no locker room, steam room, jacuzzi, showers, etc.). Nor will you pay the high-end resort prices for all of the unnecessary ammenities that you typically don't utilize. We will definitely return, and add this luxury to our wellness program. We highly recommend asking for either Reatha and/or Sarah. My husband procured "Spa Finder" cards at Costco, which we were able to utiliize towards our treatments; and which saved us $60. HIGHLY recommend.

Visited May 2013