“A most wonderful place to stay”

Andaz Maui At Wailea
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Wailea
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed here for three nights. It will spoil you. The property is awesome. The staff is friendly, helpful and plentiful. The beach staff is also good and helpful. The beach is large, plenty of waves and we could also see whales while sitting on the beach. Plenty of activities. The multiple level infinity pools were fun. The breakfast was exceptionally with plenty of yummy choices. The room was also very comfortable and the shower was soothing. We would love to stay here again.

Room Tip: There are plenty of good views, but really we were very happy with our garden view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,899)

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Acres of pools with lots of lounge areas. However, the vegetation is young and the property has a barren feel to it. The lobby area is uninteresting with very uncomfortable furniture. We rented three rooms and all had poorly designed bathrooms. The hotel tries too hard to be high tech and trendy without delivering a good experience. Four Seasons is far superior for the same rates.

Stayed: December 2013
6  Thank Phil2680
AndazMaui, Manager at Andaz Maui At Wailea, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Phil2680, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our resort. As we have just opened on September 1, we are also excited for our landscaping to fully develop over the next year. We are pleased with the progress made so far in the last few months. We will continue to develop our plans and let nature do its work! We also appreciate your comments on our design of bathrooms and technology. We thank you for choosing to stay with us in our first year of opening! Your feedback is very valuable.

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Andaz saved us from a horrible experience we had at a neighboring hotel. We came for dinner and fell in love with it and checked out of our old hotel the next day. The pools are relaxing. The clientele is upscale. The staff is some of the most gracious I have seen with a check in experience that was one of the best I have had before. And the breakfast. All I can say is GO! Healthy juice bar, delicious French toast station, fresh cut fruit at the fruit station. It is truly and event!! This hotel hits the nail on the head for the perfect balance of chic and fun. Chilling by one of the infinity pools now while writing this review.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank trvlovr
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Great people from the valet people to the room cleaners all helpful, polite very friendly. Different style to the whole place, buffet was very different with its selection, overall food very good. The bar was disappointing as their selection of rums, ryes was poor. The main bar was very uncomfortable as seating was hard and lacked arm rests on the chairs. The use of wood in the hotel was beautifully done. Very quiet hotel, small rooms if anyone is large , the closet and bathroom space is tight.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbiekeat

Debbiekeat, Aloha! We were grateful to read of your positive comments regarding our valet team and our housekeeping staff! Our breakfast experience continues to be one of the highlights in our reviews and we are glad you enjoyed our offerings! We spoken with our Beverage Manager and passed along your suggestions and observations from your visit with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us. We very much look forward to the opportunity to host you again in the future! Mahalo for choosing the Andaz Maui at Wailea.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

An incredible gem on Maui! I'm a big fan of Hyatt hotels, and love staying at their properties. This hotel is unbelievable! We brought the kids and stayed at the Andaz in November. We had such a great experience and loved the hotel so much, we came back in December without the kids. :-)
Where do I start! Let's start with the Valet/bell staff are unmatched. They're the most friendly, down to earth, personable group of men and ladies. When we came back in December, they recognized us, and asked where the kids were. Who remembers stuff like that?
Hotel hosts were gracious and accommodating, making sure we were comfortable, had our drinks, knew the property. I was also met by the hotel manager who welcomed the family, and made sure the keikis (kids) knew of the things the hotels offered just for them.
The rooms were spacious and beautiful. Thou, I have to say, the double sided tape on the carpets in both rooms we stayed in were coming up in the bedroom. (just a small thing that didn't outweigh the stay!) Rooms were kept clean, snacks refilled anytime day or night, and it was nice to come back to the rooms at night to a ice cold bottle of water. Loved my Andaz water bottles, extremely convenient and reminds me of the great time there when I use it at home! :-)
Pools were awesome, the pool staff go above and beyond to remember your name, make sure you have your favorite spot ready at the pool, just love it!
The food....wow! unbelievable! I will do a separate review for both Ka'ana Kitchen, and Morimotos.
Overall, incredible gem of a property, in a fantastic location, amongst the most pristine beaches in the world. Wow! Way to go Andaz!

Room Tip: Makai wing has best views of pool and ocean. Even numbered rooms in Makai wing have views of West M...
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I checked in here with a colleague from work as we were traveling in Maui. I have previously stayed at the Grand Wailea on numerous occasions but thought that I would try something new this trip. I travel here 4 to 5 times a year for work and then another 2 with my family. We love Maui. From arriving at the front lobby to being checked in via an i-pad the entire staff could not have been nicer. We were both given wonderful rooms. We had drinks outside prior to leaving the property for dinner. The settings with the cascading infinity pools were beautiful. Breakfast the next morning is pricey but excellent. Everything is farm to table and they try to make most of the items they serve on property. They have a guy doing fresh juices that are to die for. They have individual stations---fresh fruit, eggs to order, pancakes, french toast, breads and pastries as well as many others. The staff were all very attentive and the food was exceptional. We ate here both mornings. The gym is well equipped both with machines, weights and cold towels.
Our rooms were well appointed and very comfortable. They are still building a few very high end villas that appear to be almost finished--multiple bedrooms.
I can't say enough about this amazing property. It is the perfect size where you can easily walk around and not too big to get lost.
Hats off the the GM and the staff---I will be back soon. Many Mahalos for taking such good care of me. I am diamond with Hyatt so I am sure that helped as well.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are constructed at an angle so almost every room has at least a partial view. The...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank foodie-nms
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I have stayed at many 5 Star hotels around the world and have often wondered how they achieved their status but after having just spent the last 14 days at Andaz Maui there is nothing to wonder about. From the moment you step out of your car you are greeted with a warm smile & handshake. Your escorted down a perfect picture walkway to your host who, with Ipad in hand is already busy at checking you in, offering a refreshment, directing your luggage to your room, and making you feel like your the only guest at the hotel.
It is not like any other resort you have visited. It is Andaz. They do things their own way. Personal service doesn't stop at the Host. From the front lobby, to the bellman, to the people at poolside, the bar, the restaurants I have never experienced this level of personal service. The servers our knowledgeable about each & every dish that is being served and the chef's thoughts behind the preparation. The food is unique in its approach and amazing down to the last bite.
The breakfast buffet stops at nothing to entice you to go back over & over. From the personal service you get at all the stations of people there to serve you. Whether its eggs the way you like them, fresh fruit cut and prepared on the spot, fresh squeezed juices, and more. The personal greeting as you enter the room every morning was a special touch in making you feel like you were home. The service was perfect from the time you are directed to your table, the service of refills and clearing of the table as you enjoyed the view of the pool & ocean views with never a time that you felt you had to rush to finish up.
We stayed in a 2 room suite on the 8th floor with breathtaking views of both the infinity pools and the ocean. The multitude of pools allow you to settle in for the day and not feel crushed in by all the people around you. The cabana's we enjoyed several days when we felt like camping out for the day and gave us that extra special touch of being waited on by the pool attendants, with their special treats that were offered through out the day. The beach, just a few steps away and my wife & daughter spent a lot of time walking the several miles of beach front and enjoying the ability to play in the waves without concern of being dragged out to see.
Our room attendants took extra care on a daily basis to making sure when we came back to our room that everything was back in place, fresh towels several times a day. fresh cold water at the end of day, incredible service. The room amenities were above the norm and their approach to design & features beyond expectation. I enjoyed the unique approach to the shower area while my wife enjoyed the deep oval tub, and lets just say the rest of the bathroom was above & beyond the norm.
I am a Diamond member of the Hyatt brand and have stayed at many of their properties & have enjoyed them all but the Hyatt's entry into this type of resort property is Unique & unmatched anywhere I have stayed. We questioned returning to Maui after visiting Kauai last year, I am glad destiny took us back to Maui & we have found a permanent spot to come back to. I come to Hawaii to unwind from a year of travelling on business and this was the first time that I truly felt pampered & such dedication by the entire staff of Andaz, made this a vacation to remember. My heart felt appreciation for and a sincere Thank you on behalf of my family for all that you do.

Room Tip: My personal preference is always high floors and a corner suite at Andaz offers amazing views.
1  Thank Knight1955
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailea
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Hotel Wailea
#1 of 8 in Wailea
Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea
Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Andaz Maui At Wailea? Share your experiences!